Comments
13,841 - 13,860 of 30,484 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15115 Dec 9, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
My My My, getting a little highbrow on your box truck brethren, eh?
Can't think outside of the box I see.
My question to you was, if government would simply charge more for the services they provide, so as to generate a profit, would that satisfy you?
Think about it while you're watching Fox News this morning.
woof
The only time I watch Fox is for the Bill O' show. That's about it.

I never said I was dissatisfied with government services. I was only pointing out that there is a difference between profit services and government services; the difference between marketable services and non-marketable services. You seem to think they are all the same.

I don't expect government to make a profit. If they are making some sort of profit and taxing me, then I'm being overtaxed.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#15116 Dec 9, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only time I watch Fox is for the Bill O' show. That's about it.
I never said I was dissatisfied with government services. I was only pointing out that there is a difference between profit services and government services; the difference between marketable services and non-marketable services. You seem to think they are all the same.
I don't expect government to make a profit. If they are making some sort of profit and taxing me, then I'm being overtaxed.
And conversely, if they aren't making a profit, then you are not being overtaxed.

Wasn't that fun?

woof

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#15117 Dec 9, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. I work outside--not inside.
I remember you now! I gave you twenty bucks last week.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15118 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, of course, those precious RTW employees would use the same grievance procedure to try to keep their jobs should they be fired.
one thing about it if enough employees would be allowed quit financially supporting the unions that supports that behavior I will bet the union's attitude would definitely change protecting Worthless F??cks like that because all those Worthless F??cks do is drag everyone else that acts like an adult & cares down with them.

Location hidden

#15119 Dec 9, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Indy,I know all of that, of course.
Now substitute the word "government", and maybe these dolts on here will figure out why government spending on things like, water ans sewer systems,sanitation services, street repairs, construction and plowing, courts and courthouses, health departments, zoning offices, police, fire, and emergency services, public schools, dog catchers (don't listen Duke), jails, prisons, and detention centers, representative governmental offices, etc, and on, and on...is included in the GDP.
woof
woof
government sector jobs are considered Public service jobs that provide service to the public and cost the public, and dont produce items that have use & monetary value like a vehicle which has both and this is where the government makes their money to pay for those government public service jobs through taxes.

What is a public service job?

Best Answer

Any job which supplies a 'service' to the general public. Example: Police - firefighter - sanitation worker - etc - etc.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_public_se...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15120 Dec 9, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>one thing about it if enough employees would be allowed quit financially supporting the unions that supports that behavior I will bet the union's attitude would definitely change protecting Worthless F??cks like that because all those Worthless F??cks do is drag everyone else that acts like an adult & cares down with them.
Unions aren't going anywhere. The minute unions lose their clout (if that were to happen) management will immediately begin to take advantage of labor again. They are too greedy not to. When that happens, unions will come back as strong as ever. If management would voluntarily deal with its labor in good faith, labor wouldn't need to organize.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#15121 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions aren't going anywhere. The minute unions lose their clout (if that were to happen) management will immediately begin to take advantage of labor again. They are too greedy not to. When that happens, unions will come back as strong as ever. If management would voluntarily deal with its labor in good faith, labor wouldn't need to organize.
I'd say a stunning loss of clout was exhibited by the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers at Hostess when they found themselves unemployed right before Christmas.

Location hidden

#15122 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying unions are going away unless the Federal Government repeals the Wagner or the National Labor Relations Act but attitudes within the Unions will change which do in RTW states I have worked in both RTW & Non and RTW states the union works harder to maintain dues because they know the employee has the final decision to pay due or not, not the Union. I will tell you right now 70 years ago the unions would have not tolerated that behavior of smoking pot & drinking while during their workshift.

The National Labor Relations Act, NLRA, or Wagner Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Labor_R...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15123 Dec 9, 2012
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>I'd say a stunning loss of clout was exhibited by the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers at Hostess when they found themselves unemployed right before Christmas.
Whether that was a loss of clout or not remains to be seen. They chose to not to be management's bitch. There comes a point when getting a new job is better than staying at the lousy job you have.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#15124 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Very Astute statement.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15125 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether that was a loss of clout or not remains to be seen. They chose to not to be management's bitch. There comes a point when getting a new job is better than staying at the lousy job you have.
Then instead of striking or closing down the company, that's what they should have done. They should have found a better job and quit.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15126 Dec 9, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then instead of striking or closing down the company, that's what they should have done. They should have found a better job and quit.
The union didn't close the company. The company chose not to live up to its contract with the employees and closed. Only the company can close the company.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15127 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The union didn't close the company. The company chose not to live up to its contract with the employees and closed. Only the company can close the company.
What was their choice? With unions, it's difficult if not impossible to find replacements for union people. Unions will harass and even threaten non-union replacement workers. How was Hostess supposed to continue business with no workers?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15128 Dec 9, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What was their choice? With unions, it's difficult if not impossible to find replacements for union people. Unions will harass and even threaten non-union replacement workers. How was Hostess supposed to continue business with no workers?
By honoring its contract. By not paying out outrageous bonuses.

Hostess was a victim of vulture capitalists, not unions. But Rush will never say that so you won't learn that.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15129 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
By honoring its contract. By not paying out outrageous bonuses.
Hostess was a victim of vulture capitalists, not unions. But Rush will never say that so you won't learn that.
We're not talking about who was right and who was wrong, we were talking about who actually closed Hostess, and it was the unions. If Hostess was a non-union operation, they would be open today in spite of what their CEO's made. Workers would have walked off the job, and Hostess would just hire other people to do the work.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15130 Dec 9, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about who was right and who was wrong, we were talking about who actually closed Hostess, and it was the unions. If Hostess was a non-union operation, they would be open today in spite of what their CEO's made. Workers would have walked off the job, and Hostess would just hire other people to do the work.
That is your assumption. You assume Hostess would have found people like you who would work for them for any pay and under any conditions. You assume that Hostess wanted to stay open. Hostess was being operated by vulture capitalist firms, you know like Bain, whose only goal is to suck as much money out of a company as they can.

Since: Aug 12

Downers Grove, IL

#15131 Dec 9, 2012
Why didn't the workers buy hostess and quadruple everyone's pay?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15132 Dec 9, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Why didn't the workers buy hostess and quadruple everyone's pay?
Why didn't the CEO make the damn twinkies himself?
Undercover Brother

Los Angeles, CA

#15133 Dec 9, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>government sector jobs are considered Public service jobs that provide service to the public and cost the public, and dont produce items that have use & monetary value like a vehicle which has both and this is where the government makes their money to pay for those government public service jobs through taxes.
What is a public service job?
Best Answer
Any job which supplies a 'service' to the general public. Example: Police - firefighter - sanitation worker - etc - etc.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_public_se...
Ever been in a Veteran's Affairs Hospital? Uncommon devotiation from "G.S." employees!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#15136 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't the CEO make the damn twinkies himself?
why?

robots can do it.

all of it.

robots will be the future for what was union assembly jobs.

scanners will replace all cashiers.

see gas stations as model for fact check

remember the employee that checked your oil while they filled up the car; and washed the windows.

scanners replaced them.

the USA is not the only market to sell something; and if Americans boycott something, there is plenty of fish to sell to out of America.

you along with many require a dose of reality.

As America fumbles, the opportunity out of America escalates for the ambitious.

There is a vote next week to have Michigan become a right to work state. It can't be stopped by elected state management because they all want Michigan to be a right to work state.

Michigan becoming a right to work state cripples all unions across this country.

of course the teachers union is protected; and is only group spending money to complain about the upcoming vote.

you want to see income really get separated into have and have nots, then watch close.

ambitious folk will eliminate 50% of current jobs; and replace them with a scanner of some type.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) 1 hr annie 1,005
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr The real deal AB 18,865
Was Dumb fired from Rovers Morning Glory 19 hr David Z 19
news Aug 26 admirer 1
where can u find dog food in cleveland? Aug 25 type username here 2
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Aug 24 TedHOhio 6
Review: Amarico Fence Aug 22 Jimmy jones 1
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••