Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15040 Dec 8, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevada is RTW, and a dump, you need a diversified economy as well
Okay. Imagine what Nevada would be like today if they weren't a RTW state. Moving or opening up a business in a RTW state or non-RTW state is a very serious consideration. It's just like a states finances. Few businesses consider opening or expanding a business in a state that's strapped for cash. It's one of the key elements of jobs coming to or staying in Ohio.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15041 Dec 8, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevada is RTW, and a dump, you need a diversified economy as well
Right, and Michigan, Ohio, & Illinois are at a financial disadvantage against Indiana since is not looking for new Revenues they giving money back to the residents where Ohio, Michigan, & Illinios are taking from the residents besides have Major Cities with large Entitlement Society dependent of Government.
ho ho

Cincinnati, OH

#15043 Dec 8, 2012
none
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15045 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again oh non-comprehending word twisting one. I said that he represents every U.S. of A. citizen. NOT just those that voted for him.
Holy Christ. Right. That's what you said. My question was, how in the name of perdition does he do that on issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc. The POTUS is not a representative office. Candidates run on platforms and it is expected that they will advance the platform once elected. What is the point of an election if the winner is supposed to "represent" every view point? Every time I forget how insufferably stupid you are, you remind me.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15046 Dec 8, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Illinois is the only state where the Ds have control, presumably Kasich will be re-elected.
yeap, Illinois is under Democrat Control and controlled by the worst kind of Democrats.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15047 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you don't. Our company doesn't produce products. An electrician doesn't produce products. Neither does a plumber. It's not production--it's service oriented. Government provides services--not products with perhaps very few exceptions such as NASA or a water plant.
Now you are back to products instead of profits. If the government, because it only provides services, is not a part of the GDP, than your owner and the plumber and the electrician aren't a part of the GDP either because all they provide is a service, right?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15048 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
He's confused with representing people with satisfying people. No President in our history ever satisfied everybody. Some Presidents have taken their adversaries into consideration. Che Che doesn't get that part of it.
Well if that ain't a case of the blind leading the stupid I don't know what is. You and Pops are a perfect pair. Dense beyond reclamation.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15049 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
He's confused with representing people with satisfying people. No President in our history ever satisfied everybody. Some Presidents have taken their adversaries into consideration. Che Che doesn't get that part of it.
Since you and Pops have both conveniently forgotten Pops' post from last night, here it is,
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>YOU would contend such because of your non-tolerant bent.
Let me put it this way, IF 60% of the people want apple trees & 40% of the people want orange trees, the person (president) elected to represent the 100% should try to see that the 60% & the 40% get much of what they want. NOT that the 60% get ALL that they want!
By popular vote, the president is COMPELLED to compromise for ALL of his/her NATIONAL constituents. NOT just their initial/primary/major supporters.
Lets say that the vote for pres was 53%-47%, the pres still represents ALL of the 100%!! The final decisions may be 70-30 or 30-70 or anywhere in between but it is NOT one way or the highway as the current admin & Liberals operate. Plain & simple.
That is why so many open minded, considerate others, including non-partisans/independents like myself, think that blinder on Liberals like you are intolerant & divisive, because you are.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15050 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Imagine what Nevada would be like today if they weren't a RTW state. Moving or opening up a business in a RTW state or non-RTW state is a very serious consideration. It's just like a states finances. Few businesses consider opening or expanding a business in a state that's strapped for cash. It's one of the key elements of jobs coming to or staying in Ohio.
How does "Right to Work" benefit an employer?
jim curtis

Chillicothe, OH

#15051 Dec 8, 2012
john,kasich for gov.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15052 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How does "Right to Work" benefit an employer?
No threat of a total union takeover. Currently, if a business is unionized, every member must join the union. The only way out is if the union members vote to get rid of a union, and good luck with that one.

RTW gives hope to an industry that eventually, workers will opt to stay away from the union. That saves a lot of money and lessens the likelihood that the employer will have to move to another state to break up the union or out of the country altogether.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15054 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No threat of a total union takeover. Currently, if a business is unionized, every member must join the union. The only way out is if the union members vote to get rid of a union, and good luck with that one.
RTW gives hope to an industry that eventually, workers will opt to stay away from the union. That saves a lot of money and lessens the likelihood that the employer will have to move to another state to break up the union or out of the country altogether.
A much more honest answer than I expected.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15055 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you and Pops have both conveniently forgotten Pops' post from last night, here it is,
<quoted text>
I've read it several times. Let me give you an example of what he meant:

Bill Clinton signed welfare reform against his own wishes. He also lowered capital gains taxes to help keep the economy moving. Democrats are for welfare people and for higher taxes. He raised taxes in some areas while lowering them in others to get the market going. That's working for the better of our country and not your party alone.

George Bush believed that the wealthy were paying too much tax. He also realized that the economy needed improvements. So he lowered the taxes for everybody--not just the wealthy. He also created the second largest government entitlement in Medicare. Republicans are not for expanding entitlements.

Tell me, what has DumBama done for the better of the country and not his party with the exception of making trade-offs on a few items with Republicans? Nothing. DumBama is a party first-country second President.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15056 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
A much more honest answer than I expected.
Thank you.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15057 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are back to products instead of profits. If the government, because it only provides services, is not a part of the GDP, than your owner and the plumber and the electrician aren't a part of the GDP either because all they provide is a service, right?
Gross domestic product (GDP) is the market value of all officially recognized final goods and services produced within a country in a given period of time. GDP per capita is often considered an indicator of a country's standard of living;[2][3] GDP per capita is not a measure of personal income (See Standard of living and GDP). Under economic theory, GDP per capita exactly equals the gross domestic income (GDI) per capita (See Gross domestic income).

GDP is related to national accounts, a subject in macroeconomics. GDP is not to be confused with gross national product (GNP) which allocates production based on ownership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDP
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15058 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read it several times. Let me give you an example of what he meant:
Bill Clinton signed welfare reform against his own wishes. He also lowered capital gains taxes to help keep the economy moving. Democrats are for welfare people and for higher taxes. He raised taxes in some areas while lowering them in others to get the market going. That's working for the better of our country and not your party alone.
George Bush believed that the wealthy were paying too much tax. He also realized that the economy needed improvements. So he lowered the taxes for everybody--not just the wealthy. He also created the second largest government entitlement in Medicare. Republicans are not for expanding entitlements.
Tell me, what has DumBama done for the better of the country and not his party with the exception of making trade-offs on a few items with Republicans? Nothing. DumBama is a party first-country second President.
That is a Rush Limbaugh retread and nothing more.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15059 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a Rush Limbaugh retread and nothing more.
Fair enough. Answer Rush's question.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15060 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. Answer Rush's question.
What has Obama done for the country? Other than reforming health insurance, saving the auto industry, stopping the economic free fall, regulating Wall Street, ending discrimination against homosexuals in the military, signing equal pay legislation, ending the war in Iraq, giving us an outdate from Afghanistan, killing Osama bin Laden, and repairing our standing with the rest of the World? Gee, I don't know.
Pops

United States

#15061 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Christ. Right. That's what you said. My question was, how in the name of perdition does he do that on issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc. The POTUS is not a representative office. Candidates run on platforms and it is expected that they will advance the platform once elected. What is the point of an election if the winner is supposed to "represent" every view point? Every time I forget how insufferably stupid you are, you remind me.
I am beginning to believe that YOU are not only the owner of a mind that is twisted but also entertaining yourself with twisted arguments that resorts to name calling when you have no logic to share.
Let me ask, are you a parent? IF so, your offspring have my sympathies. But that aside, as a parent, YOU represent YOUR family, as a provider, teacher & decision maker, or at least you should.
Does Every decision that you make satisfy or make happy, Everyone in your family? Yet you represent all of them. NOT just your spouse OR your 1st born or 2nd born etc or only the ones of the same gender as you.
Did one of your parents (bless them for putting up with you) represent only one or two of your siblings? OR Did they focus on making only certain family members 'happy' as you put it? Maybe they did & that is the embryo of your mental issues. But they likely 'represented' all of you in their decision making.Unlike Obama & his Minions do for the entire country.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15062 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I am beginning to believe that YOU are not only the owner of a mind that is twisted but also entertaining yourself with twisted arguments that resorts to name calling when you have no logic to share.
Let me ask, are you a parent? IF so, your offspring have my sympathies. But that aside, as a parent, YOU represent YOUR family, as a provider, teacher & decision maker, or at least you should.
Does Every decision that you make satisfy or make happy, Everyone in your family? Yet you represent all of them. NOT just your spouse OR your 1st born or 2nd born etc or only the ones of the same gender as you.
Did one of your parents (bless them for putting up with you) represent only one or two of your siblings? OR Did they focus on making only certain family members 'happy' as you put it? Maybe they did & that is the embryo of your mental issues. But they likely 'represented' all of you in their decision making.Unlike Obama & his Minions do for the entire country.
So in other words, the POTUS has to exercise his own judgment to do what he believes in in the best interest of the entire nation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man dies after being hit by car on Cleveland Av... 3 hr Linda 17
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Big city 20,609
Pete Digravio 1968 slaying (Oct '12) 6 hr JayLeigh 11
Need Dog Food - East (Sep '15) 22 hr TrapMusic 17
News Chris Matthews: Blacks Need Same-Sex Marriage (Jun '11) Fri Poster 143
News Cleveland men charged with executing 17-year-ol... Fri Poster 2
From out of town need help (Aug '15) Fri Poster 5

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages