Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15031 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>HE stays out of it. THIS is a Federal Republic.
How can he stay out of it under your position? He is supposed to represent the 40% who want it illegalized and represent the 60% that want it to stay legal. Remember when you described the job of the president?
lfg

Dayton, OH

#15033 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now slow down. You said the POTUS is supposed to please everybody. Remember? So my question was, if you are correct about that, how in the world is the POTUS supposed to do that on issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc.? I'm not trying to argue the specifics of either of those issues. I'm just trying to get you to realize the impossibility of your theory of the job of the POTUS. My guess is you really haven't given much thought to your position.
yes
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15034 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes just like me. We provide a service. The difference is that our service creates profit and government doesn't.
Oh, now it's profit that is important not production. You keep moving the ball. Maybe that's because you don't know what you are talking about.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#15035 Dec 8, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of what I see as his promotion of a policy of inclusion (you probably see it as divisive).
He instructed his DOJ to cease defending DOMA, apparently because he believes its a civil rights issue, with 14th Amendment ramifications.
Same with the DOJ enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. Inclusion, not exclusion, is the name of the game.
woof
IF you are saying that DOMA is wrong, I happen to agree with you. WOOF
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#15036 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes just like me. We provide a service. The difference is that our service creates profit and government doesn't.
TRUE
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#15037 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now slow down. You said the POTUS is supposed to please everybody. Remember? So my question was, if you are correct about that, how in the world is the POTUS supposed to do that on issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc.? I'm not trying to argue the specifics of either of those issues. I'm just trying to get you to realize the impossibility of your theory of the job of the POTUS. My guess is you really haven't given much thought to your position.
There you go again oh non-comprehending word twisting one. I said that he represents every U.S. of A. citizen. NOT just those that voted for him.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15038 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now it's profit that is important not production. You keep moving the ball. Maybe that's because you don't know what you are talking about.
Maybe you don't. Our company doesn't produce products. An electrician doesn't produce products. Neither does a plumber. It's not production--it's service oriented. Government provides services--not products with perhaps very few exceptions such as NASA or a water plant.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15039 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again oh non-comprehending word twisting one. I said that he represents every U.S. of A. citizen. NOT just those that voted for him.
He's confused with representing people with satisfying people. No President in our history ever satisfied everybody. Some Presidents have taken their adversaries into consideration. Che Che doesn't get that part of it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15040 Dec 8, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevada is RTW, and a dump, you need a diversified economy as well
Okay. Imagine what Nevada would be like today if they weren't a RTW state. Moving or opening up a business in a RTW state or non-RTW state is a very serious consideration. It's just like a states finances. Few businesses consider opening or expanding a business in a state that's strapped for cash. It's one of the key elements of jobs coming to or staying in Ohio.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15041 Dec 8, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevada is RTW, and a dump, you need a diversified economy as well
Right, and Michigan, Ohio, & Illinois are at a financial disadvantage against Indiana since is not looking for new Revenues they giving money back to the residents where Ohio, Michigan, & Illinios are taking from the residents besides have Major Cities with large Entitlement Society dependent of Government.
ho ho

Cincinnati, OH

#15043 Dec 8, 2012
none
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15045 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again oh non-comprehending word twisting one. I said that he represents every U.S. of A. citizen. NOT just those that voted for him.
Holy Christ. Right. That's what you said. My question was, how in the name of perdition does he do that on issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc. The POTUS is not a representative office. Candidates run on platforms and it is expected that they will advance the platform once elected. What is the point of an election if the winner is supposed to "represent" every view point? Every time I forget how insufferably stupid you are, you remind me.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15046 Dec 8, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Illinois is the only state where the Ds have control, presumably Kasich will be re-elected.
yeap, Illinois is under Democrat Control and controlled by the worst kind of Democrats.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15047 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you don't. Our company doesn't produce products. An electrician doesn't produce products. Neither does a plumber. It's not production--it's service oriented. Government provides services--not products with perhaps very few exceptions such as NASA or a water plant.
Now you are back to products instead of profits. If the government, because it only provides services, is not a part of the GDP, than your owner and the plumber and the electrician aren't a part of the GDP either because all they provide is a service, right?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15048 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
He's confused with representing people with satisfying people. No President in our history ever satisfied everybody. Some Presidents have taken their adversaries into consideration. Che Che doesn't get that part of it.
Well if that ain't a case of the blind leading the stupid I don't know what is. You and Pops are a perfect pair. Dense beyond reclamation.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15049 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you and Pops have both conveniently forgotten Pops' post from last night, here it is,
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>YOU would contend such because of your non-tolerant bent.
Let me put it this way, IF 60% of the people want apple trees & 40% of the people want orange trees, the person (president) elected to represent the 100% should try to see that the 60% & the 40% get much of what they want. NOT that the 60% get ALL that they want!
By popular vote, the president is COMPELLED to compromise for ALL of his/her NATIONAL constituents. NOT just their initial/primary/major supporters.
Lets say that the vote for pres was 53%-47%, the pres still represents ALL of the 100%!! The final decisions may be 70-30 or 30-70 or anywhere in between but it is NOT one way or the highway as the current admin & Liberals operate. Plain & simple.
That is why so many open minded, considerate others, including non-partisans/independents like myself, think that blinder on Liberals like you are intolerant & divisive, because you are.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15050 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Imagine what Nevada would be like today if they weren't a RTW state. Moving or opening up a business in a RTW state or non-RTW state is a very serious consideration. It's just like a states finances. Few businesses consider opening or expanding a business in a state that's strapped for cash. It's one of the key elements of jobs coming to or staying in Ohio.
How does "Right to Work" benefit an employer?
jim curtis

Chillicothe, OH

#15051 Dec 8, 2012
john,kasich for gov.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15052 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How does "Right to Work" benefit an employer?
No threat of a total union takeover. Currently, if a business is unionized, every member must join the union. The only way out is if the union members vote to get rid of a union, and good luck with that one.

RTW gives hope to an industry that eventually, workers will opt to stay away from the union. That saves a lot of money and lessens the likelihood that the employer will have to move to another state to break up the union or out of the country altogether.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15054 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No threat of a total union takeover. Currently, if a business is unionized, every member must join the union. The only way out is if the union members vote to get rid of a union, and good luck with that one.
RTW gives hope to an industry that eventually, workers will opt to stay away from the union. That saves a lot of money and lessens the likelihood that the employer will have to move to another state to break up the union or out of the country altogether.
A much more honest answer than I expected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Julia 20,063
where can u find dog food in cleveland? (Aug '14) 23 hr Gottahaveit16 84
Need Dog Food Today Fri Need DF today 2
News Governor Kasich prepares to make his case for P... Jun 30 Howard Hunt 1
Eat, Drink, and Smoke Marijuana in an Indulgent... Jun 29 Culture Auditor 1
News Feds Claim Biggest Heroin Bust in Ohio (Sep '10) Jun 27 Autumn 31
Cavaliers draft WHO?...LOL Jun 26 Warrior pride 1
More from around the web

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages