Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#15023 Dec 8, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd have another governor if not for D shenanigans in Montana.
Yeah?

http://missoulanews.bigskypress.com/missoula/...

woof
Pops

United States

#15024 Dec 8, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
A thinking person would be able to figure out that an increase in government employees would reflect and be indicative of an improving economy.
woof
AND increasing taxes to pay them & their benefits. That reduces citizen buying power
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#15025 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> But then Obama chimed in on gay marriage & that's ALWAYS been a state issue.
Perfect example of what I see as his promotion of a policy of inclusion (you probably see it as divisive).

He instructed his DOJ to cease defending DOMA, apparently because he believes its a civil rights issue, with 14th Amendment ramifications.

Same with the DOJ enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. Inclusion, not exclusion, is the name of the game.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#15026 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>AND increasing taxes to pay them & their benefits. That reduces citizen buying power
Not necessarily Pops. Have you done any algebra lately?

woof
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15027 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you, eh?
Yes just like me. We provide a service. The difference is that our service creates profit and government doesn't.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15029 Dec 8, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>best thing for workers.
Best thing for a state.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15030 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Just trying to argue aren't you? I NEVER said that POTUS should take sides or divide the baby on abortion so quit your lies just to argue.
In FACT I gave my opinion that it is NOT a federal issue (although disagreement is likely) But then Obama chimed in on gay marriage & that's ALWAYS been a state issue. Such as age with or without parental consent, blood test or not, waiting period or not & how long if there is one. So I guess that he can go wherever he wants on any issue.
Now slow down. You said the POTUS is supposed to please everybody. Remember? So my question was, if you are correct about that, how in the world is the POTUS supposed to do that on issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc.? I'm not trying to argue the specifics of either of those issues. I'm just trying to get you to realize the impossibility of your theory of the job of the POTUS. My guess is you really haven't given much thought to your position.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15031 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>HE stays out of it. THIS is a Federal Republic.
How can he stay out of it under your position? He is supposed to represent the 40% who want it illegalized and represent the 60% that want it to stay legal. Remember when you described the job of the president?
lfg

Xenia, OH

#15033 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now slow down. You said the POTUS is supposed to please everybody. Remember? So my question was, if you are correct about that, how in the world is the POTUS supposed to do that on issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc.? I'm not trying to argue the specifics of either of those issues. I'm just trying to get you to realize the impossibility of your theory of the job of the POTUS. My guess is you really haven't given much thought to your position.
yes
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15034 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes just like me. We provide a service. The difference is that our service creates profit and government doesn't.
Oh, now it's profit that is important not production. You keep moving the ball. Maybe that's because you don't know what you are talking about.
Pops

United States

#15035 Dec 8, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of what I see as his promotion of a policy of inclusion (you probably see it as divisive).
He instructed his DOJ to cease defending DOMA, apparently because he believes its a civil rights issue, with 14th Amendment ramifications.
Same with the DOJ enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. Inclusion, not exclusion, is the name of the game.
woof
IF you are saying that DOMA is wrong, I happen to agree with you. WOOF
Pops

United States

#15036 Dec 8, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes just like me. We provide a service. The difference is that our service creates profit and government doesn't.
TRUE
Pops

United States

#15037 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now slow down. You said the POTUS is supposed to please everybody. Remember? So my question was, if you are correct about that, how in the world is the POTUS supposed to do that on issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc.? I'm not trying to argue the specifics of either of those issues. I'm just trying to get you to realize the impossibility of your theory of the job of the POTUS. My guess is you really haven't given much thought to your position.
There you go again oh non-comprehending word twisting one. I said that he represents every U.S. of A. citizen. NOT just those that voted for him.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15038 Dec 8, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now it's profit that is important not production. You keep moving the ball. Maybe that's because you don't know what you are talking about.
Maybe you don't. Our company doesn't produce products. An electrician doesn't produce products. Neither does a plumber. It's not production--it's service oriented. Government provides services--not products with perhaps very few exceptions such as NASA or a water plant.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15039 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again oh non-comprehending word twisting one. I said that he represents every U.S. of A. citizen. NOT just those that voted for him.
He's confused with representing people with satisfying people. No President in our history ever satisfied everybody. Some Presidents have taken their adversaries into consideration. Che Che doesn't get that part of it.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#15040 Dec 8, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevada is RTW, and a dump, you need a diversified economy as well
Okay. Imagine what Nevada would be like today if they weren't a RTW state. Moving or opening up a business in a RTW state or non-RTW state is a very serious consideration. It's just like a states finances. Few businesses consider opening or expanding a business in a state that's strapped for cash. It's one of the key elements of jobs coming to or staying in Ohio.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15041 Dec 8, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevada is RTW, and a dump, you need a diversified economy as well
Right, and Michigan, Ohio, & Illinois are at a financial disadvantage against Indiana since is not looking for new Revenues they giving money back to the residents where Ohio, Michigan, & Illinios are taking from the residents besides have Major Cities with large Entitlement Society dependent of Government.
ho ho

Cincinnati, OH

#15043 Dec 8, 2012
none
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15045 Dec 8, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again oh non-comprehending word twisting one. I said that he represents every U.S. of A. citizen. NOT just those that voted for him.
Holy Christ. Right. That's what you said. My question was, how in the name of perdition does he do that on issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc. The POTUS is not a representative office. Candidates run on platforms and it is expected that they will advance the platform once elected. What is the point of an election if the winner is supposed to "represent" every view point? Every time I forget how insufferably stupid you are, you remind me.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15046 Dec 8, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Illinois is the only state where the Ds have control, presumably Kasich will be re-elected.
yeap, Illinois is under Democrat Control and controlled by the worst kind of Democrats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Mikeymike116 20,936
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Tue mrdonut 1,146
Help Tue Needsome 9
Going to Myrtle beach? Mar 26 Speed limit 70 1
News Coffee Quiz Fox 8 News In The Morning Scott Sabol (Jun '10) Mar 25 John Fiore 25
Review: Allen Studios (Aug '08) Mar 20 Sunny94 49
allah Mar 17 oodoo 1

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages