Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14779 Dec 6, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Which is exactly what the people with real money will do...take it off shore. So what will be left to tax of the top 2%?
Answer...very little. Taxing them more will produce even less than the guesstimates suppose.
No it's not. Anyone with any real money already took it offshore years ago. The one's who are blathering about it now are all talk.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#14780 Dec 6, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. Anyone with any real money already took it offshore years ago. The one's who are blathering about it now are all talk.
Citizenship taxes indexed to wealth, regardless where it sits.

Don't wanna pay?
Revoke your citizenship, and get 60 days to leave.

End the charade.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14781 Dec 6, 2012
Top Two Percent To GOP: Tax Us

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/top-...
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#14782 Dec 6, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
It was 74 degrees here. Perfect for taking the bass boat out and putting it up on plane for about 62 mph.
74 in December you say? If only science had a name for what you are seeing right in front of your ignorant eyes. Considering you are the modern version of a flat earther, I guess it doesn't matter what science says anyway. Tell us a story about a water walking Jewish zombie.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14785 Dec 6, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are that smart. When given the choice of believing Rush and Fox or their own lying eyes, they go with what they see.
Remember when Fox told you, right up until about 11PM on election night that Romney was going to win in a landslide? Remember that? Didn't you learn anything at all from that embarrassment?
I don't know. I have a job so I couldn't stay up all night watching the elections. I don't know what Fox said.

What I do know is that there is a difference between making a prediction and stating fact such as what Fox and Limbaugh do. See, if more people would go to Limbaugh and/or Fox, they would have learned that taxing people making over 250 K would only run the government for less than 9 days per year. I bet anything that MSNBC, CNN and others wouldn't mention that because it's fact. MSM doesn't like to present those facts because they are honest facts.

Instead, they leave people to believe that taxing people other than themselves will be the solution to our problems. There are no spending issues, just issues of who the government can rob to make more government dependents out of people. That's what you learn listening to Limbaugh or watching Bill O'.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14786 Dec 6, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try to break this down for you.
President Obama thinks that tax rates for 98% of Americans should stay as they are now.
The GOP thinks that the tax rates for those very same 98% of Americans should stay as they are now.
They AGREE on that.
President Obama will sign that legislation today without any condition.
The GOP won't pass it.
Reasonable people don't have any problem looking at that scenario and knowing who is at fault.
Ah yes, the typical liberal one-way street.

Well, if DumBama will let everybody keep the tax rates they have now, the Republicans will sign it in a minute. If DumBama doesn't, then we know who is to blame for the other 98% of us who will see our tax increases.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14787 Dec 6, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Which is exactly what the people with real money will do...take it off shore. So what will be left to tax of the top 2%?
Answer...very little. Taxing them more will produce even less than the guesstimates suppose.
I own a small company with 75 employees. I am considering moving my company overseas partly because of Obama Care. Now they want to increase my personal taxes as well. That does it. If they are going to take more from me, then I'm staying in the US.

This message was brought to you by the fantasy world of liberals.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14788 Dec 6, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Pops, but that is not the whole story. Just depends how you ask the questions.
Poll: Most Americans want to keep Obamacare in some form www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012... -...
Poll: Most Americans want to keep Obamacare in some form. Posted by Suzy Khimm on July 1, 2012 at 1:00 pm. Smaller Text Larger Text Text Size; Print ...
Poll: Fewer Support Obamacare Repeal - ABC News abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/poll-fe...
Nov 13, 2012 ... A record low number of American voters want to see the Affordable Care Act Obamacare repealed, according to a new post-election poll ...
[ More results from abcnews.go.com ]
I agree with what you have posted but the word to key on in my post is 'did' not want. Back when Nancy Pillosi said, "you have to vote for it to find out what is in it". No one but a gambler would bid on a sealed box. But it was still rammed thru in a partisan way & OUR representatives gave themselves a waiver!! That wasn't to save money. It was because in comparision to their med plans it totally stinks and they don't want to go backwards. IF it is so good, it should affect them too.Double standards.

Granted that there are some good things in the 2000 pages but in my case, I am totally cynical of the federal government & largely state governments running any such program in a fiscally responsible way. The track record is basically zero.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14789 Dec 6, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only tax rates that aided in the financial success of this country during Clinton's time was the lowering of capital gains. DumBama wants to increase that along with other taxes.
My point is this: if we fall over the fiscal cliff, it would not be the Republicans doing alone. If DumBama was so concerned about the 98% of us, he would just give in to keeping the tax rates for all. But that's not his agenda. His agenda is to allow the fiscal collapse to happen and then (with the help of the media) blame it all on Republicans. The media is reporting that this all lies at the feet of the Republicans--not DumBama. This is why I say you have to listen to Fox or Limbaugh to get the other side of the story.
Republicans are doing all they can to keep the poor economy going or trying to make improvements. DumBama is once again thinking party first--country second. Increase taxes on our enemies--the wealthy people. Many of them don't vote for us.
I pretty much agree but I no longer listen to Rush & haven't for years. He is pompous & denegrating & does NOT have a single humble bone in his body. "With 1/2 my brain tied behind my back..." just to make it fair! That's not even funny. It is totally arrogant & makes the opposition even more entrenched. I would rather listen to Huckaby or Hannity. And they do their research too.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14790 Dec 6, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Are Americans that dumb?
Too many are. They are too busy or lazy or both, to get past the sound bite & digest the core of the issues.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14791 Dec 6, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try to break this down for you.
President Obama thinks that tax rates for 98% of Americans should stay as they are now.
The GOP thinks that the tax rates for those very same 98% of Americans should stay as they are now.
They AGREE on that.
President Obama will sign that legislation today without any condition.
The GOP won't pass it.
Reasonable people don't have any problem looking at that scenario and knowing who is at fault.
Let me break this down for you. You're NOT quite right. The repubs want the tax rate to stay the same for 100% Obama wants to exclude the top 2%, that's HIS condition.
Since you can't see that scenario, I guess that does NOT make you one of the reasonable ones on this issue.
It is guesstimated that the top 2% will be paying 80-85 billion more a year. Many are owners or heads of international companies. Do you think that most will leave their wealth open to such pillaging? Of course not. And that includes the Kennedys, Gates, Bush's, Soros, Clintons etc.
They will protect their money with trust funds & overseas investments. They are not stupid or they would not be wealthy. That is why doing away with or diminishing loop holes would be better than blatantly chasing their money away. It will do more good on shore than off shore.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#14792 Dec 6, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Let me break this down for you. You're NOT quite right. The repubs want the tax rate to stay the same for 100% Obama wants to exclude the top 2%, that's HIS condition.
Since you can't see that scenario, I guess that does NOT make you one of the reasonable ones on this issue.
It is guesstimated that the top 2% will be paying 80-85 billion more a year. Many are owners or heads of international companies. Do you think that most will leave their wealth open to such pillaging? Of course not. And that includes the Kennedys, Gates, Bush's, Soros, Clintons etc.
They will protect their money with trust funds & overseas investments. They are not stupid or they would not be wealthy. That is why doing away with or diminishing loop holes would be better than blatantly chasing their money away. It will do more good on shore than off shore.
Some of dumbest, most ineffective people I have ever met have been very wealthy. You have obviously confused greed for IQ.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#14793 Dec 6, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Too many are. They are too busy or lazy or both, to get past the sound bite & digest the core of the issues.
When you say Americans are lazy, are we talking like "food stamp" lazy or just hand me down success story bloated CEO lazy?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14794 Dec 6, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I own a small company with 75 employees. I am considering moving my company overseas partly because of Obama Care. Now they want to increase my personal taxes as well. That does it. If they are going to take more from me, then I'm staying in the US.
I have a thin hope on another position that would improve my pay from lower middle class to solidly middle class. My prospective employer has been advised to wait until Feb or March & clearly see the effects on his business from the pending B.S.
His company is one that does top the $250k threshold although he makes about 45-50K for himself. The bulk of his buyers are in Indonesia, Romania & Mexico along with a few others. With the international travel, alot of his gross income is eaten up but he'll still be taxed on money he doesn't really have. It would be no problem with NAFTA for all of us to learn Spanish & HIS production cost would go down. ALL LEGAL & jobs & revenue would be leaving too. Right along with the tractor trailer that would be needed to haul the equipment.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14795 Dec 6, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of dumbest, most ineffective people I have ever met have been very wealthy. You have obviously confused greed for IQ.
I agree to a point, the intelligence may be in their accountants & CPA's.
The wealthiest person that I have personally known would tell you that he was under educated but that in the beginning, he worked harder, longer & cheaper than his competition & then hired smart people to grow his businesses. He was eventually worth 8 digits LIQUID, HIGH 8 digits gross & employed something like 170 people when business was slow, over 200 in his busy season.
I stand by my previous statement since I have also known near witless wealthy too. It is the people that they hire to 'work' their money that makes them wealthy & keeps them that way. They don't have to personally know everything.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14796 Dec 6, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say Americans are lazy, are we talking like "food stamp" lazy or just hand me down success story bloated CEO lazy?
Good question. I mean thinking lazy. As in ones that read a headline but not the story, the title of a book but do not go past the chapter headings, metaphorically speaking.
Too lazy to educate/inform themselves.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14797 Dec 6, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Foxconn plans to expand manufacturing to U.S.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57557617/...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14798 Dec 6, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I have a job so I couldn't stay up all night watching the elections. I don't know what Fox said.
What I do know is that there is a difference between making a prediction and stating fact such as what Fox and Limbaugh do. See, if more people would go to Limbaugh and/or Fox, they would have learned that taxing people making over 250 K would only run the government for less than 9 days per year. I bet anything that MSNBC, CNN and others wouldn't mention that because it's fact. MSM doesn't like to present those facts because they are honest facts.
Instead, they leave people to believe that taxing people other than themselves will be the solution to our problems. There are no spending issues, just issues of who the government can rob to make more government dependents out of people. That's what you learn listening to Limbaugh or watching Bill O'.
Well, since you claim not to have been listening, let me tell you what they said. Fox and Rush said the polls were all wrong, that they were a fabrication by the liberal media, and that the facts were that Romney was winning by a landslide.

How did those "facts" work out?

Remember what W. said, "Fool me once. Shame on me. Fool me, won't get fooled again."
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14799 Dec 6, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the typical liberal one-way street.
Well, if DumBama will let everybody keep the tax rates they have now, the Republicans will sign it in a minute. If DumBama doesn't, then we know who is to blame for the other 98% of us who will see our tax increases.
One way street? What about "everybody agrees" don't you understand? Not everybody agrees with your scenario. That would be the difference, Rush.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14800 Dec 6, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you owned a small business with only 75 employees you couldn't afford to move it overseas. And if you did, no one would care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr WARRIOR 19,223
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Fri Vic 231
admirer Thu admirer 1
Low-cost pet sterilization available across NE ... Sep 18 Kissel 1
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Sep 18 waiting for an ar... 1,013
Do not buy Toshiba copiers!!! (Jan '09) Sep 18 floyd 20
Stark sheriff's deputies file lawsuit over Hope... (Feb '09) Sep 17 weams 124
•••

Rip Current Statement for Cuyahoga County was issued at September 21 at 4:17AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland