Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14509 Nov 30, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So if one person's faith says Jesus said and meant the opposite of what your faith says Jesus meant, which one of you is going to Hell?
EXACTLY!! It comes down to FAITH.
I had a friend of decades that had told me that HE would NOT see me in heaven because I did NOT currently believe as he did which meant that I am NOT going to heaven.
I posed that 'what if when 'judgement day' comes, you find out that the Buddhist or Wiccans or whatever group turn out to be the 'chosen ones' & that HE was not going to heaven as HE understood it? HE had NO reply.
YOUR BIBLE likely also says...judge not least you be judged.
Wars & conflicts because of religion are quite sad & completely avoidable.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14510 Nov 30, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
W. held hands like a schoolgirl with the same king you are criticizing Obama for bowing too. Where was your outrage then? Were you equally outraged that W. opened Qitmo as you are that Obama hasn't closed it?
Actually I thought that it was brillant to 'open' Gitmo.
Holding hands with a school girl has NO comparision to BOWING to a king, prince, sultan who whomever, that's apples & melons. Bowing is submissive, denegrating for any head of state.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14511 Nov 30, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>EXACTLY!! It comes down to FAITH.
I had a friend of decades that had told me that HE would NOT see me in heaven because I did NOT currently believe as he did which meant that I am NOT going to heaven.
I posed that 'what if when 'judgement day' comes, you find out that the Buddhist or Wiccans or whatever group turn out to be the 'chosen ones' & that HE was not going to heaven as HE understood it? HE had NO reply.
Kind of reminds me of an old religious joke.

A man dies and goes to heaven. He is taken on a guided tour. His usher takes him to a room of Jewish people, and they seem happy. He then takes him to a room of Protestants, and they seem happy. As they approach the Catholic room, the tour guide says "Here we have to be very quiet." The newcomer asks why? The guide says "This is the Catholic room, and they think they are the only ones here."
fub green

El Monte, CA

#14512 Nov 30, 2012
I vote me!
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14513 Nov 30, 2012
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
Really? How about talking about something that matters now.
Obama; we are in a recovery. Follow me its right over the edge of this cliff...
http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-s-tax...
The ONLY reason that the U.S. is in any sort of recovery is because true & competent business owners adapt as best as they can. They have to answer to investors/stock holders or their jobs go away.
In many of the previous years, improvements/growth has been LESS than a single digit is because that's all that there is hope for as compared to closing the doors..
free

Sidney, OH

#14514 Nov 30, 2012
yeah, Democrat corruption. We need more of that....
triedntrue wrote:
I think that Ted Strickland brings an old school democratic value system to Ohio.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14515 Nov 30, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>The ONLY reason that the U.S. is in any sort of recovery is because true & competent business owners adapt as best as they can. They have to answer to investors/stock holders or their jobs go away.
In many of the previous years, improvements/growth has been LESS than a single digit is because that's all that there is hope for as compared to closing the doors..
Exactly. When libs try to credit DumBama for any slight improvement in the economy, I always ask what policy did DumBama put in place to deserve such credit? Usually never get an answer.

Yes, if DumBama won his first election and spent the entire four years in Hawaii not doing a thing, business would continue as usual. Investors would look for opportunity. Workers would continue to contribute to their IRA in the stock market.

A President can't control an economy. All he can do is make it more or less inviting for business to be conducted. So the question is, what did DumBama do to make the economy better or what did he do to retard it's growth? I can point to several policies that kept it as the slowest growth since WWII, but libs can't tell me what he's done to grow or take credit for it improving even slightly.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14516 Nov 30, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to raise taxes on everybody? Ok. But you need to check where your party stands on that issue because it sure as Hell ain't the President who is refusing to meet half way.
THIS President is refusing to meet 1/4 of the way let alone 1/2 of the way. He is a NON-Christian, Marxist, narccisistic ass & he is GOOD at promising roses & delivering marigolds it.
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#14517 Nov 30, 2012
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> you had to have written that yourself LOL! Lucky for you there are a lot of people getting d.u.i. charges. You've lost the jury.I'm not saying anymore than that. Whew.
Mr. Snider lives quite comfortably, and is well respected by his peers. I don't think he's worried about acceptance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Snider

http://www.toddsnider.net/music.cfm

http://www.npr.org/artists/15330960/todd-snid...

woof
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#14518 Nov 30, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>. Bowing is submissive, denegrating for any head of state.
Pops.

Not everybody on the planet shakes hands to greet one another, especially when the person you're greeting is a head of state.

Remember when GWB had to duck a flying shoe?

The guy who threw it didn't use his shoe simply because he didn't have a rock.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#14519 Nov 30, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>THIS President is refusing to meet 1/4 of the way let alone 1/2 of the way. He is a NON-Christian, Marxist, narccisistic ass & he is GOOD at promising roses & delivering marigolds it.
Pops. I'm pretty sure that a little over 1/2 of the folks who just voted might not fully agree with that assessment.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14520 Nov 30, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they wouldn't. They would maintain some dignity except for private invitations to speaking events and stay away from media cameras.
"Mission Accomplished." There's some dignity for you.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14521 Nov 30, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you? The article clearly points out that DumBama's tax increases would be at near or on Clinton levels provided drastic spending cuts were part of the deal. He doesn't want to do it. It was offered to him. He said "no." Instead, he offered to spend even more money. You call that meeting half-way?
You keep insisting that the GOP offered Clinton tax rates and spending. However, you don't seem to be able to support that with ANY EVIDENCE. Again, put up or shut up. Where in that article does it say what you claim? If it is in there, it shouldn't be too hard for you to cut and paste it so the rest of us can read it too.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14522 Nov 30, 2012
Che Che cheap wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead and do it. You are you!
Wasted bottom feeder........!
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#14523 Nov 30, 2012
This sure is an interesting theory, this "ex-presidents should neither be heard, nor seen, lest they lose their dignity" thingy.

Very strange.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14524 Nov 30, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>EXACTLY!! It comes down to FAITH.
YOUR BIBLE likely also says...judge not least you be judged.
Wars & conflicts because of religion are quite sad & completely avoidable.
If it's all in your imagination, than what is the point?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14525 Nov 30, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I thought that it was brillant to 'open' Gitmo.
Holding hands with a school girl has NO comparision to BOWING to a king, prince, sultan who whomever, that's apples & melons. Bowing is submissive, denegrating for any head of state.
And holding hands is what? Boyish?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14526 Nov 30, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of reminds me of an old religious joke.
A man dies and goes to heaven. He is taken on a guided tour. His usher takes him to a room of Jewish people, and they seem happy. He then takes him to a room of Protestants, and they seem happy. As they approach the Catholic room, the tour guide says "Here we have to be very quiet." The newcomer asks why? The guide says "This is the Catholic room, and they think they are the only ones here."
It's not religion if it is whatever you say it is.

The only way one of you can be right is if every other one of you is wrong.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#14527 Nov 30, 2012
If you can't suppress enough votes to win, just throw the votes away. Help get rid of Jon Husted.

Ohio Secretary Of State May Be Illegally Tossing Ballots ... thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/11/29/1254461/... ...

1 day ago ... Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted (R) became the public face of vote ... Circuit Court of Appeals issued a stay that allowed Husted to throw out these votes.... In 2008, the state discarded 1 out of every 5 provisional votes.
Nightmare Scenario—Ohio's Provisional Ballots May Be 2012's ... www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11/06/nig... ...

Nov 6, 2012 ... At issue is a section of the provisional ballot where the voter fills in the ... Husted has gone to court arguing that voters who do not fill out that ...
Husted Stands Behind Provisional Ballot Order - WOSU Public Media wosu.org/2012/news/2012/11/05/husted-stands-b...

Nov 5, 2012 ... Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted(Photo: Ohio Secretary of State's ... state from throwing out provisional ballots if the error was made by a poll ...
Ohio Republican Secretary of State sued over order to discard ... www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/03/ohio-republica... ...

Nov 3, 2012... Husted, whose decision to try to restrict early voting was thrown out ... a last- minute directive on provisional ballots that not only contradicts ...
Federal Judge Finds Husted Last Minute Provisional Ballot ... ohiodems.org/news/federal-judge-finds-husted-... ...

Nov 13, 2012 ... Federal Judge Finds Husted Last Minute Provisional Ballot Change To ... Judge Rules Against Husted Plot to Toss Out Provisional Ballots ...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14528 Nov 30, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. When libs try to credit DumBama for any slight improvement in the economy, I always ask what policy did DumBama put in place to deserve such credit? Usually never get an answer.
Yes, if DumBama won his first election and spent the entire four years in Hawaii not doing a thing, business would continue as usual. Investors would look for opportunity. Workers would continue to contribute to their IRA in the stock market.
A President can't control an economy. All he can do is make it more or less inviting for business to be conducted. So the question is, what did DumBama do to make the economy better or what did he do to retard it's growth? I can point to several policies that kept it as the slowest growth since WWII, but libs can't tell me what he's done to grow or take credit for it improving even slightly.
Funny. You claim Kasich is responsible for new jobs in Ohio, yet you have never offered a single action by Kasich that was responsible for that. That's ok for you, I guess.

I'll go first. Obama rescued the American Automobile Industry.

Your turn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 54 min Chuck 19,285
Historic Victory for Voting Rights in Ohio 16 hr Delbert 10
Motorcyclist warns 'watch out, dude' before Cle... Mon HoodRat 1
Coffee Quiz Fox 8 News In The Morning Scott Sabol (May '10) Sep 26 jamie koenig 18
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
How to tame bad breath Sep 25 brettatprofresh 2
Ex. Rep. Jim Traficant reported to be seriously... Sep 25 chris 1
Was Dumb fired from Rovers Morning Glory Sep 23 Behind the scenes 38

Cleveland Jobs

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]