|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
dow down 167 points
down markets show confidence in an economy
the past 7 days performance tells a story.
the slide continues
When you finally getting around to explaining to us your crazy statments about Texas dividing into 5 states, then tell us more about the stock market slide. I imagine the 200 point gain today fits right into your projection.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I just posted a fact-0check on those so-called subsidies a few days ago. Need I post it again?
You should read that Fact Check a little closer if you do. If I recall correctly, that was about a very specific tax cut and not the subsidies that Big Oil enjoys.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
When you finally getting around to explaining to us your crazy statments about Texas dividing into 5 states, then tell us more about the stock market slide. I imagine the 200 point gain today fits right into your projection.
No concrete positive signs. Just speculation:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)-- U.S. stocks rallied Monday, logging their best gains in months, as investors started the holiday-shortened week optimistic that fiscal cliff negotiations in Washington are progressing.

The Dow Jones industrial average jumped more than 200 points, or 1.7%, with financial stocks Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500) and JPMorgan Chase (JPM, Fortune 500) among the top leaders. The S&P 500 added 2% and the Nasdaq surged 2.2

The broad rally started last Friday, after President Obama and congressional leaders wrapped up their first fiscal cliff meeting since the election. Investors were encouraged after both Democrats and Republicans emerged from the meeting with a confident tone and suggested that agreement could be reached before Jan. 1, when federal spending cuts and tax increases are scheduled to take effect.

"The question of whether or not the fiscal cliff will be avoided is impossible to answer with any degree of certainty, but the political reality does indicate that some sort of compromise may be possible," said Bob Doll, senior advisor at BlackRock. "The two sides still appear to be quite far apart on some important issues, particularly regarding a potential tax increase for higher-income Americans. But the parties are at least attempting to avoid brinksmanship."

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/19/investing/sto...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read that Fact Check a little closer if you do. If I recall correctly, that was about a very specific tax cut and not the subsidies that Big Oil enjoys.
If you read even closer it boldly states that while oil companies did get a break, they lost more breaks than they received. It also highlighted that these so-called subsidies were for the purpose of specific items such as alternative energy research.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
At least they are not hypocrotes and we vknow where they stand, unlike running through hell and half of Georgia to try to determine what a TeaBagging, WingNuts REAL view is on a subject, only to find you cannot trust their view, because most likely they are lying. Ask Mitt.
I will readily agree that Moore & Maher are NOT hypocrites. I also declare that Tea baggers are NOT hypocrites since we KNOW where they stand like Moore & Maher.
As far as your last comment about liars & asking Mitt, you are reaching, twisting, or delusional.
Do you think that almost any & every politicians does not lie? Give me & others a break & WAKE UP!
MORE of American voters need to Wake Up!! WE voters need to care more about what is best for the country & NOT necessarily what is best for each of us as individuals. We DO live in this country together.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I just posted a fact-0check on those so-called subsidies a few days ago. Need I post it again?
They get subsidies and Republicans want them to continue. And some Democrats, too.

Fossil Fuel Subsidies in the U.S.- The Price of Oil priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/ - Similarto Fossil Fuel Subsidies in the U.S.- The Price of Oil

The Repeal Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act, sponsored by Senator Menendez (D-NJ) was debated and defeated by the Senate for two years running, and would have ...
Senate Republicans reject Obama call to end 'big oil' tax ... www.cnn.com/2012/03/29/politics/oil-subsidies...

Mar 29, 2012 ... Senate Republicans block a Democratic measure championed by President Barack Obama to end tax breaks for the major oil companies.

[PDF] S.2204 THE REPEAL BIG OIL TAX SUBSIDIES ACT dpc.senate.gov/docs/lb-112-2-63.pdf

Mar 23, 2012 ... Under current law, U.S. taxpayers subsidize big oil's production of foreign ... subsidies for Big Oil to support growing clean energy industries like ...
Three Ways Big Oil Spends Its Profits To Defend Oil Subsidies ... thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/10/24/1064231/... -...

Oct 24, 2012 ... Through its enormous spending, these five and other Big Oil companies have fought to maintain $4 billion of their annual subsidies, while ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read even closer it boldly states that while oil companies did get a break, they lost more breaks than they received. It also highlighted that these so-called subsidies were for the purpose of specific items such as alternative energy research.
Big Oil's Banner Year | Center for American Progress www.americanprogress.org/issues/green/news/20... ...

Feb 7, 2012 ... Big Oil's Banner Year. Higher Prices, Record Profits, Less Oil. SOURCE: AP/ Reed Saxon. ExxonMobil's profit increased by 31 percent from ...

High Gas Prices Mean Record Profits for Big Oil - ABC News abcnews.go.com/Business/high-gas-prices-recor...

Apr 24, 2011 ... While many Americans are seething at gas prices, which have hit $5 per gallon in parts of the country, big oil companies are expected to report ...
GRAPHIC: A Day In The Life Of Big Oil | ThinkProgress thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/08/01/614771/b...

Aug 1, 2012 ... The graphic below illustrates where Big Oil directs these profits and its ... don't roll your eyes,be a grown-up & go look at the voting records in ...
Big Oil defends its profits - Apr. 29, 2011 money.cnn.com/2011/04/29/news/companies/big-o...

Apr 29, 2011 ... The oil industry is under fire from lawmakers and the public for making billions as gas prices rise near record highs, squeezing household ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I will readily agree that Moore & Maher are NOT hypocrites. I also declare that Tea baggers are NOT hypocrites since we KNOW where they stand like Moore & Maher.
As far as your last comment about liars & asking Mitt, you are reaching, twisting, or delusional.
Do you think that almost any & every politicians does not lie? Give me & others a break & WAKE UP!
MORE of American voters need to Wake Up!! WE voters need to care more about what is best for the country & NOT necessarily what is best for each of us as individuals. We DO live in this country together.
I agree Pops. We all share this Nation and this Planet. I really do try to vote for what I think is best for the country and for the progression of this country as a Nation.
I don't have children in school, but I always vote for School Levys and School Taxes/Revenue. I fund other projects I do not directly benefit from too.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Mayhaps the Oil Industry Big Wigs are reluctant to give up those subsidies they get from our tax dollars to the tune of 4Billion or so every year.
I hear what you are saying about the subsidies.
A problem is that take away the subsidies & the retail cost will go up. Cities & states give 'tax breaks' ALL of the time to grow or keep jobs. It's really no different, quite the conflict. Sort of a 'same but different' scenario.
The working stiff still pays the income taxes while the company gets the tax breaks.
Both Dems & Repubs vote to do it. I don't blame them either. JOBS help the overall economy. Unemployment does NOT.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No concrete positive signs. Just speculation:
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)-- U.S. stocks rallied Monday, logging their best gains in months, as investors started the holiday-shortened week optimistic that fiscal cliff negotiations in Washington are progressing.
The Dow Jones industrial average jumped more than 200 points, or 1.7%, with financial stocks Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500) and JPMorgan Chase (JPM, Fortune 500) among the top leaders. The S&P 500 added 2% and the Nasdaq surged 2.2
The broad rally started last Friday, after President Obama and congressional leaders wrapped up their first fiscal cliff meeting since the election. Investors were encouraged after both Democrats and Republicans emerged from the meeting with a confident tone and suggested that agreement could be reached before Jan. 1, when federal spending cuts and tax increases are scheduled to take effect.
"The question of whether or not the fiscal cliff will be avoided is impossible to answer with any degree of certainty, but the political reality does indicate that some sort of compromise may be possible," said Bob Doll, senior advisor at BlackRock. "The two sides still appear to be quite far apart on some important issues, particularly regarding a potential tax increase for higher-income Americans. But the parties are at least attempting to avoid brinksmanship."
http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/19/investing/sto...
Gee, thanks.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read it for awhile, but I'm pretty sure that was about a rather narrow area and not the global arena of subsidies. But if it makes you feel better to think that Oil companies aren't getting a fair shake, go right ahead. I'm sure they are equally worried about you.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I will readily agree that Moore & Maher are NOT hypocrites. I also declare that Tea baggers are NOT hypocrites since we KNOW where they stand like Moore & Maher.
Right. The Teabaggers demanding small government and holding signs that say "Keep your hands off my Medicare" aren't hypocrites.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you are saying about the subsidies.
A problem is that take away the subsidies & the retail cost will go up. Cities & states give 'tax breaks' ALL of the time to grow or keep jobs. It's really no different, quite the conflict. Sort of a 'same but different' scenario.
The working stiff still pays the income taxes while the company gets the tax breaks.
Both Dems & Repubs vote to do it. I don't blame them either. JOBS help the overall economy. Unemployment does NOT.
Doesn't it bother you that you are willing to be Oil's bitch? "If we don't do what they say, they will raise prices. Oh, please don't raise prices. We just little ol' people. We'll be good. Please forgive us."

When are we going to grow some balls and stand up to these a$$holes?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't it bother you that you are willing to be Oil's bitch? "If we don't do what they say, they will raise prices. Oh, please don't raise prices. We just little ol' people. We'll be good. Please forgive us."
It isn't just oil, Chiquita just left Cincinnati for an example. Intel companies do the same thing world wide, so do 'Calling Centers' etc so don't single out oil companies, to do so falls way way short of the entire picture.
Ever notice that the countries that have 'tax havens' are NOT 3rd world? Must be something to that.
Talk about growing some balls, how about growing some brains?
Some things are simple, some are not.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The Teabaggers demanding small government and holding signs that say "Keep your hands off my Medicare" aren't hypocrites.
The msg's sound rather clear to me. NO hypocracy that I can see. YOU even clearly stated their msg. Thank you for the clarity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ready. Did you notice that Boner put Ryan,(Who lost) in charge of negotiations for Fiscal Cliff Control?
Yep.'lets cut SS, Medicare, Give Vouchers to old people, Ryan'
one and the same.
The sound we heard on Nov. 6, 2012 was the sound of a pine board upside Republican Skulls, but they still don't get it. Somebody implore to them that they didn't win.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Big Oil's Banner Year | Center for American Progress www.americanprogress.org/issues/green/news/20... ...
Feb 7, 2012 ... Big Oil's Banner Year. Higher Prices, Record Profits, Less Oil. SOURCE: AP/ Reed Saxon. ExxonMobil's profit increased by 31 percent from ...
I think we need to get something straight right now, and that is oil companies don't set the prices of gasoline or oil.

Oil and gasoline are commodities. As such, they are basically controlled by the market which oil and gasoline companies have little control of. True, they are in the market too buying and selling their very own products, but they are a minority of investors.

Investors bet up or down based on market news. Supply and Demand is the most common. Less supply and more demand causes investors to bet the price up while more supply and less demand decreases the price. This was evident during the Bush years where we not only had a good economy, but the world had a good economy too. More production means more energy usage.

After the collapse of the housing market, gasoline went under $2.00 per gallon--nearly half of it's high during Bush's years as President. Too much supply and not enough demand due to production retardation.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you are saying about the subsidies.
Exactly. The benefactors of subsidies are the consumer no matter how you shake it. Those on the left constantly complain about subsidies going to this or that, yet have little to say on subsidizing Planned Parenthood, Solyndra and other failed green energy companies, NPR and PBS, Cowboy Poetry. The left doesn't consider those subsidies. They call them investments.

Okay, how is it that PBS is an investment when it only benefits a small amount of our population while oil is not an investment when it benefits most everybody? I never got that.
standing firm

Massillon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I think we need to get something straight right now, and that is oil companies don't set the prices of gasoline or oil.
Oil and gasoline are commodities. As such, they are basically controlled by the market which oil and gasoline companies have little control of. True, they are in the market too buying and selling their very own products, but they are a minority of investors.
Investors bet up or down based on market news. Supply and Demand is the most common. Less supply and more demand causes investors to bet the price up while more supply and less demand decreases the price. This was evident during the Bush years where we not only had a good economy, but the world had a good economy too. More production means more energy usage.
After the collapse of the housing market, gasoline went under $2.00 per gallon--nearly half of it's high during Bush's years as President. Too much supply and not enough demand due to production retardation.
Yes oil companies do control the price, idiot. Who controls the supply? You are royally retarded.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't just oil, Chiquita just left Cincinnati for an example. Intel companies do the same thing world wide, so do 'Calling Centers' etc so don't single out oil companies, to do so falls way way short of the entire picture.
Ever notice that the countries that have 'tax havens' are NOT 3rd world? Must be something to that.
Talk about growing some balls, how about growing some brains?
Some things are simple, some are not.
Yes. You are simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Cleveland Forum right now

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Samuel 18,546
What happened today (07/24) 18 hr FieldHTS 3
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Thu not 2,214
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Wed They cannot kill a Spook 231
CONVENTION Center Jul 22 Year 2016 1
the Podcast, Episode 53: Summer League Review, ... Jul 21 Anonymous 1
tian roya facebook Jul 20 CONCERNED FAMILY 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••