Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13962 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read even closer it boldly states that while oil companies did get a break, they lost more breaks than they received. It also highlighted that these so-called subsidies were for the purpose of specific items such as alternative energy research.
I haven't read it for awhile, but I'm pretty sure that was about a rather narrow area and not the global arena of subsidies. But if it makes you feel better to think that Oil companies aren't getting a fair shake, go right ahead. I'm sure they are equally worried about you.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13963 Nov 19, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I will readily agree that Moore & Maher are NOT hypocrites. I also declare that Tea baggers are NOT hypocrites since we KNOW where they stand like Moore & Maher.
As far as your last comment about liars & asking Mitt, you are reaching, twisting, or delusional.
Do you think that almost any & every politicians does not lie? Give me & others a break & WAKE UP!
MORE of American voters need to Wake Up!! WE voters need to care more about what is best for the country & NOT necessarily what is best for each of us as individuals. We DO live in this country together.
Right. The Teabaggers demanding small government and holding signs that say "Keep your hands off my Medicare" aren't hypocrites.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13964 Nov 19, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you are saying about the subsidies.
A problem is that take away the subsidies & the retail cost will go up. Cities & states give 'tax breaks' ALL of the time to grow or keep jobs. It's really no different, quite the conflict. Sort of a 'same but different' scenario.
The working stiff still pays the income taxes while the company gets the tax breaks.
Both Dems & Repubs vote to do it. I don't blame them either. JOBS help the overall economy. Unemployment does NOT.
Doesn't it bother you that you are willing to be Oil's bitch? "If we don't do what they say, they will raise prices. Oh, please don't raise prices. We just little ol' people. We'll be good. Please forgive us."

When are we going to grow some balls and stand up to these a$$holes?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#13965 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't it bother you that you are willing to be Oil's bitch? "If we don't do what they say, they will raise prices. Oh, please don't raise prices. We just little ol' people. We'll be good. Please forgive us."
It isn't just oil, Chiquita just left Cincinnati for an example. Intel companies do the same thing world wide, so do 'Calling Centers' etc so don't single out oil companies, to do so falls way way short of the entire picture.
Ever notice that the countries that have 'tax havens' are NOT 3rd world? Must be something to that.
Talk about growing some balls, how about growing some brains?
Some things are simple, some are not.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#13966 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The Teabaggers demanding small government and holding signs that say "Keep your hands off my Medicare" aren't hypocrites.
The msg's sound rather clear to me. NO hypocracy that I can see. YOU even clearly stated their msg. Thank you for the clarity.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#13967 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ready. Did you notice that Boner put Ryan,(Who lost) in charge of negotiations for Fiscal Cliff Control?
Yep.'lets cut SS, Medicare, Give Vouchers to old people, Ryan'
one and the same.
The sound we heard on Nov. 6, 2012 was the sound of a pine board upside Republican Skulls, but they still don't get it. Somebody implore to them that they didn't win.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13968 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Oil's Banner Year | Center for American Progress www.americanprogress.org/issues/green/news/20... ...
Feb 7, 2012 ... Big Oil's Banner Year. Higher Prices, Record Profits, Less Oil. SOURCE: AP/ Reed Saxon. ExxonMobil's profit increased by 31 percent from ...
I think we need to get something straight right now, and that is oil companies don't set the prices of gasoline or oil.

Oil and gasoline are commodities. As such, they are basically controlled by the market which oil and gasoline companies have little control of. True, they are in the market too buying and selling their very own products, but they are a minority of investors.

Investors bet up or down based on market news. Supply and Demand is the most common. Less supply and more demand causes investors to bet the price up while more supply and less demand decreases the price. This was evident during the Bush years where we not only had a good economy, but the world had a good economy too. More production means more energy usage.

After the collapse of the housing market, gasoline went under $2.00 per gallon--nearly half of it's high during Bush's years as President. Too much supply and not enough demand due to production retardation.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13969 Nov 19, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you are saying about the subsidies.
A problem is that take away the subsidies & the retail cost will go up. Cities & states give 'tax breaks' ALL of the time to grow or keep jobs. It's really no different, quite the conflict. Sort of a 'same but different' scenario.
The working stiff still pays the income taxes while the company gets the tax breaks.
Both Dems & Repubs vote to do it. I don't blame them either. JOBS help the overall economy. Unemployment does NOT.
Exactly. The benefactors of subsidies are the consumer no matter how you shake it. Those on the left constantly complain about subsidies going to this or that, yet have little to say on subsidizing Planned Parenthood, Solyndra and other failed green energy companies, NPR and PBS, Cowboy Poetry. The left doesn't consider those subsidies. They call them investments.

Okay, how is it that PBS is an investment when it only benefits a small amount of our population while oil is not an investment when it benefits most everybody? I never got that.
standing firm

Massillon, OH

#13970 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I think we need to get something straight right now, and that is oil companies don't set the prices of gasoline or oil.
Oil and gasoline are commodities. As such, they are basically controlled by the market which oil and gasoline companies have little control of. True, they are in the market too buying and selling their very own products, but they are a minority of investors.
Investors bet up or down based on market news. Supply and Demand is the most common. Less supply and more demand causes investors to bet the price up while more supply and less demand decreases the price. This was evident during the Bush years where we not only had a good economy, but the world had a good economy too. More production means more energy usage.
After the collapse of the housing market, gasoline went under $2.00 per gallon--nearly half of it's high during Bush's years as President. Too much supply and not enough demand due to production retardation.
Yes oil companies do control the price, idiot. Who controls the supply? You are royally retarded.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13971 Nov 19, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't just oil, Chiquita just left Cincinnati for an example. Intel companies do the same thing world wide, so do 'Calling Centers' etc so don't single out oil companies, to do so falls way way short of the entire picture.
Ever notice that the countries that have 'tax havens' are NOT 3rd world? Must be something to that.
Talk about growing some balls, how about growing some brains?
Some things are simple, some are not.
Yes. You are simple.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13972 Nov 19, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>The msg's sound rather clear to me. NO hypocracy that I can see. YOU even clearly stated their msg. Thank you for the clarity.
Holy Stupidity, Batman.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13973 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read it for awhile, but I'm pretty sure that was about a rather narrow area and not the global arena of subsidies. But if it makes you feel better to think that Oil companies aren't getting a fair shake, go right ahead. I'm sure they are equally worried about you.
When did I say they were not getting a fair shake? Sure they are, but so is every other company domestically or internationally.

Subsidies are write-offs; no different than a mortgage deduction on your home, or perhaps a medical deduction if you're paying a lot of medical expenses. You can't single out one or two companies based on how much they earn or how much you dislike them and say they should be treated differently than my widget company.

Tax time is around the corner which means hours of calculation work on my part. I am calculating my subsidy. I have to add up all those expenses it takes to run my business so I can deduct them from my gross profit. Mortgage interest deductions, water and sewer deductions, property tax deductions, second mortgage interest rate deductions, house insurance deductions, maintenance and repair deductions, city inspection and occupancy fee deductions. I am being subsidized by our federal government.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13974 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The benefactors of subsidies are the consumer no matter how you shake it. Those on the left constantly complain about subsidies going to this or that, yet have little to say on subsidizing Planned Parenthood, Solyndra and other failed green energy companies, NPR and PBS, Cowboy Poetry. The left doesn't consider those subsidies. They call them investments.
Okay, how is it that PBS is an investment when it only benefits a small amount of our population while oil is not an investment when it benefits most everybody? I never got that.
You are the only person I have ever heard say that. You should stick with speaking for yourself and let others speak for themselves.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13975 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No they aren't. They were FORCED to pay into a system whether they approved of it or not. Why is it hypocritical that they get back what they were promised their entire lives while funding the program? It's not like they had a choice. If there was an option, and they chose a private insurance company to take care of them in their golden years, and then demanded their Medicare, that would be hypocrisy.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13976 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No they aren't. They were FORCED to pay into a system whether they approved of it or not. Why is it hypocritical that they get back what they were promised their entire lives while funding the program? It's not like they had a choice. If there was an option, and they chose a private insurance company to take care of them in their golden years, and then demanded their Medicare, that would be hypocrisy.
While they bitch about people getting unemployment.

I pay taxes. If someday I need food stamps like your buddy Pops did, didn't I pay for that? You and the teabaggers only care about "big government" when government helps other people. When it helps you, you are entitled to it. Hypocrites.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13977 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say they were not getting a fair shake? Sure they are, but so is every other company domestically or internationally.
Subsidies are write-offs; no different than a mortgage deduction on your home, or perhaps a medical deduction if you're paying a lot of medical expenses. You can't single out one or two companies based on how much they earn or how much you dislike them and say they should be treated differently than my widget company.
Tax time is around the corner which means hours of calculation work on my part. I am calculating my subsidy. I have to add up all those expenses it takes to run my business so I can deduct them from my gross profit. Mortgage interest deductions, water and sewer deductions, property tax deductions, second mortgage interest rate deductions, house insurance deductions, maintenance and repair deductions, city inspection and occupancy fee deductions. I am being subsidized by our federal government.
You're damn right you are and I am tired of carrying your ass.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13978 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you think your "subsidy" is in any way proportional to what Oil gets, you are even more of a fool than I had you pegged for.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13979 Nov 19, 2012
standing firm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes oil companies do control the price, idiot. Who controls the supply? You are royally retarded.
For the short bus people:

Oil supply is generally the same. It's the usage that changes. Usage varies based on production. Supply is sometimes interrupted by oil rig fires, refinery shut-downs, Obama, or oil line leaks. But in general, oil is pretty steady.

There is only one major player when it comes to reduced oil production: OPEC. OPEC does intentionally alter prices by reducing output. Oil companies have no control of that.

In the US, we have an administration that prints Monopoly money. When that happens, it weakens the value of the US dollar. When the US dollar is weakened, it takes more US dollars to buy a commodity. When the US dollar is strong, it may only take $75.00 to buy a barrel of oil. When it is weakened, it takes $87.00 to buy that same barrel of oil.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13980 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
While they bitch about people getting unemployment.
I pay taxes. If someday I need food stamps like your buddy Pops did, didn't I pay for that? You and the teabaggers only care about "big government" when government helps other people. When it helps you, you are entitled to it. Hypocrites.
No, that's not the conservative stance. Food stamps, Medicaid, welfare, even HUD are all fine programs provided that they are not abused or used as a lifestyle. That's what Republicans complain about. You will find few conservatives who say we should end all social programs for every single individual.

The problem is that Democrats want to see more government dependents because it means more likely Democrat voters. And when Republicans object, the left lies as usual and says because we want to end abuse, we want all social programs eliminated.

Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13981 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
For the short bus people:
Oil supply is generally the same. It's the usage that changes. Usage varies based on production. Supply is sometimes interrupted by oil rig fires, refinery shut-downs, Obama, or oil line leaks. But in general, oil is pretty steady.
There is only one major player when it comes to reduced oil production: OPEC. OPEC does intentionally alter prices by reducing output. Oil companies have no control of that.
In the US, we have an administration that prints Monopoly money. When that happens, it weakens the value of the US dollar. When the US dollar is weakened, it takes more US dollars to buy a commodity. When the US dollar is strong, it may only take $75.00 to buy a barrel of oil. When it is weakened, it takes $87.00 to buy that same barrel of oil.
The world according to Rush.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Bently 19,568
Heartless Felons Dec 23 I heart hate 3
Former Methodist Episcopal minister accused of ... (Jul '08) Dec 21 matthew 368
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
Cleveland police bust out car window after moth... Dec 20 nobody 1
Tamir Rice's father has history of domestic vio... Dec 19 Observer 18
Protests break out in Cleveland over Tamir Rice... Dec 18 Watsa Mattau 6
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Dec 10 Maple Resident 1,024
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match