Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

Comments (Page 637)

Showing posts 12,721 - 12,740 of28,592
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13909
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

titonton duvaunte pants wrote:
I said I don't argue with the science of global warming! My you have reading comprehension problems. I just don't agree with the tyranny that is in agenda 21.second hand smoke? Ok.
did global warming melt the glaciers?

or is science just political nonsense to gather grants?

climate change occurs; and you are living the stat of one possibly.

if it is cold this winter, like during 1978, then the world is cooling.

the ice age is soon to kill us all.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13910
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
yes
the congresses already rarified Texas as 4 states
all they have to do is pull the trigger to do so
why do you ask?
you lost?
What congress did that? When? You are absolutely certifiable.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13912
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What congress did that? When? You are absolutely certifiable.
I would suggest reading history.

you may just learn something.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13913
Nov 18, 2012
 
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice of you to post a link to the Heartland Institute. They are the oil billionaires "think tank" that fight tooth and nail to refute global warming. Here's what they were refuting in the 90's. How'd that work out?
In the 1990s, the Heartland Institute worked with Philip Morris to question the link between secondhand smoke and health risks.[10][29] Philip Morris used Heartland to distribute tobacco-industry material, and arranged for the Heartland Institute to publish "policy studies" which summarized Philip Morris reports.[29][30] The Heartland Institute also undertook a variety of other activities on behalf of Philip Morris, including meeting with legislators, holding "off-the-record" briefings, and producing op-eds, radio interviews, and letters.[29][31] In 1994, at the request of Philip Morris, the Heartland Institute met with Republican Congressmen to encourage them to oppose increases in the federal excise tax. Heartland reported back to Philip Morris that the Congressmen were "strongly in our camp", and planned further meetings with other legislators.[32]
Nothing says grassroots or independent like jumping through hoops for an oil billionaire agenda. You know, the same oil billionaires who directly pay Palin, Bachmann, Perry, Gingrich and Romney.
Obama biggest recipient of BP cash

While the BP oil geyser pumps millions of gallons of petroleum into the Gulf of Mexico, President Barack Obama and members of Congress may have to answer for the millions in campaign contributions they’ve taken from the oil and gas giant over the years.
BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees —$2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.

On top of that, the oil giant has spent millions each year on lobbying — including $15.9 million last year alone — as it has tried to influence energy policy.

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

An Obama spokesman rejected the notion that the president took big oil money.

(Also on POLITICO: Obama campaign targets Romney, Big Oil in third TV spot)

“President Obama didn’t accept a dime from corporate PACs or federal lobbyists during his presidential campaign,” spokesman Ben LaBolt said.“He raised $750 million from nearly four million Americans. And since he became president, he rolled back tax breaks and giveaways for the oil and gas industry, spearheaded a G20 agreement to phase out fossil fuel subsidies, and made the largest investment in American history in clean energy incentives.”

In Congress, Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.), who last week cautioned that the incident should “not be used inappropriately” to halt Obama’s push for expansion of offshore drilling, has been one of the biggest beneficiaries of BP’s largesse. Her comments created some blowback, with critics complaining that she is too blasé about the impact of the disaster, even though she was among the first lawmakers to call for a federal investigation into the spill.

As the top congressional recipient in the last cycle and one of the top BP cash recipients of the past two decades, Landrieu banked almost $17,000 from the oil giant in 2008 alone and has lined her war chest with more

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/367...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13914
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest reading history.
you may just learn something.
No, no, no. You have made this startling assertion. Support it with evidence. Or could it be you are just repeating some whacko crap you got in an email and have no idea whatsoever about what you are talking about. Until you can back up your big mouth with some facts (you can't by the way because what you are saying is utter bullshit), than this claim is no more credible than anything else you say (see Romney landslide promise).
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13915
Nov 18, 2012
 
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
did global warming melt the glaciers?
or is science just political nonsense to gather grants?
climate change occurs; and you are living the stat of one possibly.
if it is cold this winter, like during 1978, then the world is cooling.
the ice age is soon to kill us all.
In the 60's there was a warning of another Ice Age. I clearly remember the 'news' warning people.
I don't think that WE, as a human race need to add to either trend but when I look at the record High/Low temps on a daily basis & often see that the record high was maybe in 1926 & that the record Low was as recent was was something like 2005, it pretty much negates a global warming scare.
Then one researches El Nino etc , it just makes one wonder.
Again, WE don't need to add to the climate change but it needs to be in perspective, NOT in fear/scare tactics, otherwise Gore & others just get richer on the fear.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13916
Nov 18, 2012
 
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Check history,,,SS started out as voluntary. When the Gov realized that the fund would come up short of the needs for the program, it became mandatory.
So much for the FEDS running anything properly...like SS, Medicare, medicaid, Amtrak, USPS, Freddie Mack, Fannie Mae & more. They screw up everything.
Bottom line...If the Feds can't make it work financially, they move the line, raise taxes, exclude certain others, limit payments to doctors, etc.
Medicare recipients NOW pay a monthly co-pay for a manditory tax deduction. Explain all of this & more.
Screw the federal 'control' of programs. They always mess it up.
I was merely making a point to Save Yourself that it's not hypocritical to expect money from an entity you were forced to pay into. You spent your entire life contributing to a program, therefore, you should expect something back. Taking back is not hypocritical.

As we already know, Social Security is currently paying out more than it takes in. SS sends out pamphlets to citizens how much they (and their employers) contributed to the program and how much they will get out if they retired today. They list yearly contributions since you first entered the workforce.

Now if you take that pamphlet to a reputable investment agent and ask what you would be worth today had all that SS money been invested with their company, you would crap yourself. Not only because of your current worth, but because of your worth at the age of retirement.

If I drop dead blowing out the candles on my birthday cake when I turn 65, my heirs will inherit my houses, my car, my checking and savings account, my life insurance policy, all my personal belongings. What they won't see a dime of is all the money I contributed to SS along with my employer. That money will be gone. It won't exist. It will go to people I have never met and don't even know. My family sees not one dime of that money.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13917
Nov 18, 2012
 
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>In the 60's there was a warning of another Ice Age. I clearly remember the 'news' warning people.
I don't think that WE, as a human race need to add to either trend but when I look at the record High/Low temps on a daily basis & often see that the record high was maybe in 1926 & that the record Low was as recent was was something like 2005, it pretty much negates a global warming scare.
Then one researches El Nino etc , it just makes one wonder.
Again, WE don't need to add to the climate change but it needs to be in perspective, NOT in fear/scare tactics, otherwise Gore & others just get richer on the fear.
Weather and climate change are different things.

Where did you get your PhD?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13918
Nov 18, 2012
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I was merely making a point to Save Yourself that it's not hypocritical to expect money from an entity you were forced to pay into. You spent your entire life contributing to a program, therefore, you should expect something back. Taking back is not hypocritical.
As we already know, Social Security is currently paying out more than it takes in. SS sends out pamphlets to citizens how much they (and their employers) contributed to the program and how much they will get out if they retired today. They list yearly contributions since you first entered the workforce.
Now if you take that pamphlet to a reputable investment agent and ask what you would be worth today had all that SS money been invested with their company, you would crap yourself. Not only because of your current worth, but because of your worth at the age of retirement.
If I drop dead blowing out the candles on my birthday cake when I turn 65, my heirs will inherit my houses, my car, my checking and savings account, my life insurance policy, all my personal belongings. What they won't see a dime of is all the money I contributed to SS along with my employer. That money will be gone. It won't exist. It will go to people I have never met and don't even know. My family sees not one dime of that money.
And the same is true for every one else.

You should read Thomas Paine's Agrarian Justice.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13919
Nov 18, 2012
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I was merely making a point to Save Yourself that it's not hypocritical to expect money from an entity you were forced to pay into. You spent your entire life contributing to a program, therefore, you should expect something back. Taking back is not hypocritical.
As we already know, Social Security is currently paying out more than it takes in. SS sends out pamphlets to citizens how much they (and their employers) contributed to the program and how much they will get out if they retired today. They list yearly contributions since you first entered the workforce.
Now if you take that pamphlet to a reputable investment agent and ask what you would be worth today had all that SS money been invested with their company, you would crap yourself. Not only because of your current worth, but because of your worth at the age of retirement.
If I drop dead blowing out the candles on my birthday cake when I turn 65, my heirs will inherit my houses, my car, my checking and savings account, my life insurance policy, all my personal belongings. What they won't see a dime of is all the money I contributed to SS along with my employer. That money will be gone. It won't exist. It will go to people I have never met and don't even know. My family sees not one dime of that money.
I gave your previous post an 'agree' judgement. I was just adding to it as you have basically done to my post.
It is related to Estate Taxes. The money/value of an estate was already taxed before the 'estate' existed but just go ahead & die & get taxed in your casket!! Sad, very Sad. All but criminal.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13920
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
yes
the congresses already rarified Texas as 4 states
all they have to do is pull the trigger to do so
why do you ask?
you lost?
I didn't lose shit buckethead. I didn't challenge you to provide proof. Che did. I see you still have not given the proof. I am not sure what you mean by your post to me.
We are busy making arrangements for secessionists to leave the country.
just me

Kenova, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13921
Nov 18, 2012
 
this years election sucked
titonton duvaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13922
Nov 19, 2012
 
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
did global warming melt the glaciers?
or is science just political nonsense to gather grants?
climate change occurs; and you are living the stat of one possibly.
if it is cold this winter, like during 1978, then the world is cooling.
the ice age is soon to kill us all.
I sais I don't argue about the science. Agenda 21 is pretty clear...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13923
Nov 19, 2012
 
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I gave your previous post an 'agree' judgement. I was just adding to it as you have basically done to my post.
It is related to Estate Taxes. The money/value of an estate was already taxed before the 'estate' existed but just go ahead & die & get taxed in your casket!! Sad, very Sad. All but criminal.
Without a doubt. The death tax is the biggest government ripoff. You work hard all your life, provide jobs for people, provide taxable income for the government, and then when you die, the government is there to take half of your property. This is the mentality of the left where all money is governments first, and what they allow you to keep is only by their good graces.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13924
Nov 19, 2012
 
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I gave your previous post an 'agree' judgement. I was just adding to it as you have basically done to my post.
It is related to Estate Taxes. The money/value of an estate was already taxed before the 'estate' existed but just go ahead & die & get taxed in your casket!! Sad, very Sad. All but criminal.
You too, should read Thomas Paine's Agrarian Justice.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13925
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
yes
the congresses already rarified Texas as 4 states
all they have to do is pull the trigger to do so
why do you ask?
you lost?
If you mean "ratified", no they haven't.

Now if you ask whether Texas has already been divided into several states, the answer to that would certainly be an unqualified "yes".

woof
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13926
Nov 19, 2012
 
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest reading history.
you may just learn something.
Year?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13927
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

just me wrote:
this years election sucked
sucked the life right out of the Republican Teabagging Party.

woof
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13928
Nov 19, 2012
 
titonton duvaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> I only used it to reference how many registered voters didn't vote this year. It makes no reference to global warming.
I was pointing out that your source is about as accurate as asking Hitler "facts" about the Jews. Every bit of information you get from the Heritage Institute comes with a healthy heaping of propaganda and a history of altering research information to match their own agenda. The fact that you posted the exact organization that is responsible for all the misinformation on climate change was just an added bonus. If you have been playing along, you would see that it is a common argument on this thread. The fact that you had no idea about any of this, when using a website funded by oil billionaires, tells me perhaps you should look for more unbiased sources when posting links. I'm sure Glenn Beck also has alot to say about this year's elections but only an idiot would base their reality off of it.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13929
Nov 19, 2012
 
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>In the 60's there was a warning of another Ice Age. I clearly remember the 'news' warning people.
I don't think that WE, as a human race need to add to either trend but when I look at the record High/Low temps on a daily basis & often see that the record high was maybe in 1926 & that the record Low was as recent was was something like 2005, it pretty much negates a global warming scare.
Then one researches El Nino etc , it just makes one wonder.
Again, WE don't need to add to the climate change but it needs to be in perspective, NOT in fear/scare tactics, otherwise Gore & others just get richer on the fear.
How much Al Gore made off of this altogether compared to how much Exxon Mobile makes in one day. I am glad to see you are looking at record highs and lows. That way you can see for yourself that we are in the hottest dedcade in recorded history. That way you can see the nationwide drought we had last Summer and will be able to see the obvious increase in carbon releases since the exact time the industrial revolution began. Ultimately, you, like many others are fighting tooth and nail against the idea that Al Gore is trying to trick you and that's what you believe is on the line here. Others, however, are fighting for crazy notions like the air we breath and the water we drink. Which one will we survive? Al Gore making money, or poisonous air and toxic water? Such a valiant fight you guys have going there and for such a worthy cause.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,721 - 12,740 of28,592
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cleveland Discussions

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr gertrud 227
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Chet Booswahnicki 18,495
LeBron James Fri Guru 8
the decline of ebay (May '13) Fri EbayRevealed 24
Review: Cancinos Multiservice Office Jul 9 Anonymous customer 1
Michelle Knight Information Jul 8 Raven 7
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••