xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22445 Nov 28, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you get that I am fighting to suppress wages? Just curious. Heck,of course I wish mine was higher but I get paid what the market pays for my job. I wouldn't expect to get paid $11 an hour to flip burgers any more than I would expect $11 an hour to be a dental hygienist. Pay is all comparative to need,function,training/schooli ng, etc.
I have had much higher paying jobs in the past, much higher! But life unfolds for all of us in different ways for whatever reason(s)& that is just how it goes.
Whoops. Ate too much turkey. The reply I posted above was for this quote and not the other one.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22446 Nov 28, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I'm certain that some people are missing my msg & that others don't care. I am trying to say that the system needs more supervision & discretion when processing claims.
There will ALWAYS be those that slip thru either way...that's the way all of life is, it can be unfair.
As in my previous post, these people are professional CON artist welfare recipients. Everyone of them capable of working, everyone of them! Why haven't they been caught by now after DECADES? LACK of supervision, that's why.
People like this are stealing tax payer funds that can help the more deserving, that's a double theft!
I agree with that and hope their repayment will come after their last breath on this earth. But I disagree with you about supervision. It's intentional. That's the way politicians work. Give people stuff.

Advertising food stamps on the radio is not a slip-up. These liberals want people to be on food stamps. They want that control and vote. It's the reason we are struggling with Commie Care today and will be even more in the coming years. These are not one or two people that slipped through the cracks. I believe it's millions of people.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22447 Nov 28, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>I think you better re-read that, I didn't say you, it's the backing of the fools that do.
TY I wasn't clear on your post which is why I responded with the question that I did start my response with.
I believe that most of all of these post would be more civil IF a post could relay tone of voice. Some of us prove that but still others don't care. Oh well...some posters can still get ones goat.
We can usually disagree & still be civil or understanding of other perspectives.
Then there is always the trolls. No accounting for them.
Happy holidays everyone!(<: No matter your beliefs or feelings.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22448 Nov 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't we start with what caused them to get into that position in the first place: government.
Remember, you can't selloff bad securities unless you have those bad securities to begin with. This all started long ago with the desire to turn irresponsible people into homeowners. It didn't work and couldn't work, but it sure bought a lot of votes.
I don't think our government should bail anybody out be it banks or auto manufacturers. It's bad enough we are creating irresponsible individuals, but now we are funding irresponsible institutions. As long as we keep pumping tax dollars to cover the mistakes of others, nobody will ever learn a thing. They will continue to exist in a precarious way. Secondly we need for government to stop telling businesses how to run their business.
Are you talking about the function of a REPUBLIC? WOW! YOU make too much sense. lol
The voters need to realize what made this country great on the world stage & what it takes to keep it that way, the Pride & Envy of all others as our founders set it up to be.
The bail out of GM could be argued as criminal. THE Government does NOT belong so engaged in the private market. NOW the taxpayer is coming up on the short end of the stick by about $10,000,000,000.
Why didn't Holding Companies or others come to GM's aid? But more importantly, why was GM worth the risk after selling off Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saab, Hummer, Saturn, Delco & more?
Just as importantly or more importantly, WHY didn't GM's own voting board make leadership changes years & years before?
Taxpayer dollars did NOT belong being involved in this.
Obama campaigned on Romney NOT wanting to bail out GM. Inspite of the possible job losses, Romney was right & Obama wrong since GM still factually went bankrupt but with the citizens bailing them out at a loss for the PRIVATE market.
About the same as the 'shovel ready jobs' or the Stimulus funds that pretty much went down the drain, AGAIN DIRECTLY for the PRIVATE sector. And again, with NO monetary return to the taxpayer. In FACT, there is NOW an I.O.U. to the Chinese for these actions.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22450 Nov 28, 2013
Republican101 wrote:
<quoted text>How about cutting back on all the unnecessary corporate/farmer welfare while we're at it?
If unemployment is so bad under Commiebama, it's because those "super patriotic job creators" aren't doing their jobs, just like the self entitled hand-me-down farmers who take huge gubment handouts just to NOT work.
Oh, but I'm guessing you're okay with those entitlement programs, right. As long as nobody gets an imaginary Obamaphone... lol
IF you are being specific about 'corporate farmers', I am totally in your corner even though the cost of groceries may go up.
'Obama phones' are not imaginary, just improperly named.
I DO believe that family farms should be protected as all but sacred. Family farms are disappearing at a natural rate anyway. They are very hard work for a small return that is significantly affected by smaller families & Mother Nature already. But again, corporate farms need to carry their own risk short of tornadoes, floods & whatever that insurance & federal EMERGENCY funds should cover.
As far as jobs go, companies need to predict what expenses are including future expanses to plan sales, production, purchases & consequently employment needs will be. THAT is the uncertainity of today's issues.
One of the benefits to ALL about Capitalism is that by nature, cost are minimalized to maximize profits versus the competition & pass the lower cost on to the buyer which is good for all.
YES. This affects employee pay because that is part of the over all formula.
I am presenting a simplified brief but still true to facts.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#22453 Nov 29, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the function of a REPUBLIC? WOW! YOU make too much sense. lol
The voters need to realize what made this country great on the world stage & what it takes to keep it that way, the Pride & Envy of all others as our founders set it up to be.
The bail out of GM could be argued as criminal. THE Government does NOT belong so engaged in the private market. NOW the taxpayer is coming up on the short end of the stick by about $10,000,000,000.
Why didn't Holding Companies or others come to GM's aid? But more importantly, why was GM worth the risk after selling off Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saab, Hummer, Saturn, Delco & more?
Just as importantly or more importantly, WHY didn't GM's own voting board make leadership changes years & years before?
Taxpayer dollars did NOT belong being involved in this.
Obama campaigned on Romney NOT wanting to bail out GM. Inspite of the possible job losses, Romney was right & Obama wrong since GM still factually went bankrupt but with the citizens bailing them out at a loss for the PRIVATE market.
About the same as the 'shovel ready jobs' or the Stimulus funds that pretty much went down the drain, AGAIN DIRECTLY for the PRIVATE sector. And again, with NO monetary return to the taxpayer. In FACT, there is NOW an I.O.U. to the Chinese for these actions.
Have you never seen any articles on Boards of Directors? Every one of them are on multiple boards of multiple companies. They keep their crony buddies backs patted and pockets overflowing in their good ol' boys clubs that very few other people belong to. You harped long and hard just on GM and ignored the Big Banks 2 bailouts. One from Bush with no strings attached, so they stayed business as usual with huge bonuses and lavish conferences at resorts. Then they came back for a second round under Obama, except he was smart enough to put restrictions on that one. The GM bailout has been a success, saving jobs and leading to large expansions of employees and factories, while Wall Street and the big banks have been shedding employees while wallowing in record breaking profits. Let alone the common fact that they just about own capital hill now.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#22454 Nov 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals will never understand this. They think companies started up so people could have jobs. It's not business to them, it's a social obligation of some sort.
Liberals believe that if you drop out of school, make no attempt to better yourself, don't invest your money or hold off on a family until you are ready for one, somebody should pay you an excellent wage for turning nuts onto bolts. You are not responsible for the wages you make--your employer is.
Liberals believe they lie in judgment as to who should make what. If a multi-millionaire is paying his workers ten dollars an hour, it's dishonorable, and he should lower his income so that others can have more regardless whether they are worth more or not.
Liberals don't understand that their wages are based on what their work can be sold for. They don't understand that their value is that of what anybody else would work for. Supply and Demand.
So they sit and cry about what employers are paying, and then support a party that wants to grant amnesty so those wages will be lowered even more. And then they have the gall to tell US that "WE" vote against our own interest. LOL!
Your narrow minded, totally one sided stupidity is really kind of scary. I'm just glad to see that the most of the people in this country see right through this blind idiocy. Thank goodness the obnoxious, dimwitted loud minority does not run this country. The far right has turned into nothing more than sleazy televangelists shaking people down for money and support without offering anything in return, except the usual wheelbarrow's full of crap they always put out.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#22455 Nov 29, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Your narrow minded, totally one sided stupidity is really kind of scary. I'm just glad to see that the most of the people in this country see right through this blind idiocy. Thank goodness the obnoxious, dimwitted loud minority does not run this country. The far right has turned into nothing more than sleazy televangelists shaking people down for money and support without offering anything in return, except the usual wheelbarrow's full of crap they always put out.
Luckily, the only people really buying into these obstructionist pig's steaming pile of paranoid BS are lonely, uneducated truckers, stubborn, out of touch seniors, and greedy, self important momma's boys...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22456 Nov 29, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Your narrow minded, totally one sided stupidity is really kind of scary. I'm just glad to see that the most of the people in this country see right through this blind idiocy. Thank goodness the obnoxious, dimwitted loud minority does not run this country. The far right has turned into nothing more than sleazy televangelists shaking people down for money and support without offering anything in return, except the usual wheelbarrow's full of crap they always put out.
Right. That's why you can't point out anything I wrote that was incorrect, but instead, reply with childish insults.

You fail to realize that when you make a reply of zero substance and loaded with childish rants, that we won the debate. You are helpless. You've been put in your place. You've been forced to see the real world and not the make-believe world that you live in.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#22457 Nov 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. That's why you can't point out anything I wrote that was incorrect, but instead, reply with childish insults.
You fail to realize that when you make a reply of zero substance and loaded with childish rants, that we won the debate. You are helpless. You've been put in your place. You've been forced to see the real world and not the make-believe world that you live in.
And you are the perfect example that you can't fix stupid, whoever coined the term 'common sense' must not have known very many people. Your long winded, deflecting of your own lies and pure prejudice doesn't fool anybody but yourself. Crying and stomping your feet doesn't win any debate, only in your own small mind.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22458 Nov 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's called being observant. It's called being aware. It's called experience.
It's likely you see none of these things out where you live. But city living is a little more educational. It goes on right in front of your face. This is besides the fact I had a job where I was in the homes of may of these so-called needy people. I know what they live like. They've told me of their scams. They laugh about it.
I remember what went on next door when the landlord there decided to rent section 8. I seen the cars they drove. I was awakened many nights during the working week with drunks coming home at 3:00 am when I was trying to get some sleep. I've seen them on days like today with their windows wide open. Think they were paying for their own heat? They were too damned lazy to turn down their furnace. The window was obviously more convenient. Either that or they were trying to air the place out.
It's not me that creates these images in my head of how the poor live. It's you. But that brings me to a question: if God talked to you before you were born--told you that you would be born poor, but had the choice of what country you would be poor in, what other country would you choose other than the US of A?
How the so-called poor live in the United States:
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011...
Wonder why every comment, belief, quote or link you guys provide all leads directly back to the oil billionaire Koch brothers? Quoting the Heritage Foundation is like using MSNBC as a source for unbiased news. The only difference is we are far too smart to buy into some bogus propaganda bullsh1t, like what's on Fox or MSNBC, or the Heritage Foundation and you take everything you are told as fact. Hell, I saw you guys questioning the health dangers 2nd hand smoke awhile back. Just because the EXACT same lawyers who fought to keep the dangers of 2nd hand smoke hidden from the public are the EXACT same lawyers who fight to refute climate change is all just another one of those pesky coincidences...again.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22459 Nov 29, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder why every comment, belief, quote or link you guys provide all leads directly back to the oil billionaire Koch brothers? Quoting the Heritage Foundation is like using MSNBC as a source for unbiased news. The only difference is we are far too smart to buy into some bogus propaganda bullsh1t, like what's on Fox or MSNBC, or the Heritage Foundation and you take everything you are told as fact. Hell, I saw you guys questioning the health dangers 2nd hand smoke awhile back. Just because the EXACT same lawyers who fought to keep the dangers of 2nd hand smoke hidden from the public are the EXACT same lawyers who fight to refute climate change is all just another one of those pesky coincidences...again.
The second hand smoke farce was created by Al Gore. If second hand smoke were that toxic, a smoker would die after just one cigarette. It was about control and nothing more. You see, when somebody creates a made-up scientific opinion, it brings lawyers into the picture. At the time, Gore (like so many other liberal control freaks) wanted businesses to be held liable for their employees smoking inside of the building. Of course, smoke or not, some employee will come down with a heart or lung condition. Then if that non-smoking employee wanted to sue the company, they could. It was a control move and at the same time, pandering to the Democrat support base of trial lawyers.

I love how you guys cut down Fox or Heritage or any other news outlet that tells the truth. You can't refute what you read, so you just call it a lie instead. Ever hear of Google or hyper-links???
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22460 Nov 29, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>And you are the perfect example that you can't fix stupid, whoever coined the term 'common sense' must not have known very many people. Your long winded, deflecting of your own lies and pure prejudice doesn't fool anybody but yourself. Crying and stomping your feet doesn't win any debate, only in your own small mind.
Well go ahead, "MAKE MY DAY!" Tell me something that was made-up. The problem with common sense is that liberals have none:

I'm going to help the 15% of people that don't have or don't want health insurance, so to do that, I'm going to ruin it for the other 85%.

We need to create jobs, so I'm going to penalize employers that don't comply with my idiotic healthcare measure, and then take more money away from the owners of these companies because they are in the top 5% of earners in this country. That will create jobs.

We will allow the poor and people of low intelligence to have as many children as they desire. We will give them money, give them food, give them shelter, and that will help reduce poverty.

You can save more oil by inflating your tires than we can drill in this country.

The way to stop violent attacks and murders in this country is to take away guns from everybody because we liberals believe that if we have such a law, criminals will obey it.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22461 Nov 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The second hand smoke farce was created by Al Gore. If second hand smoke were that toxic, a smoker would die after just one cigarette. It was about control and nothing more. You see, when somebody creates a made-up scientific opinion, it brings lawyers into the picture. At the time, Gore (like so many other liberal control freaks) wanted businesses to be held liable for their employees smoking inside of the building. Of course, smoke or not, some employee will come down with a heart or lung condition. Then if that non-smoking employee wanted to sue the company, they could. It was a control move and at the same time, pandering to the Democrat support base of trial lawyers.
I love how you guys cut down Fox or Heritage or any other news outlet that tells the truth. You can't refute what you read, so you just call it a lie instead. Ever hear of Google or hyper-links???
Wow. Crazy much? So now you know more than 97% of the scientific community AND you know more than the Surgeon General. We should all be going to truck driving school if that is the case. I'm guessing the reason why you can't smoke in most establishments around here is because your opinions are so popular with the American people. The fact that you call The Heritage Foundation a source for news is like going to the KKK webpage for "facts" on black history.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22462 Nov 29, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Crazy much? So now you know more than 97% of the scientific community AND you know more than the Surgeon General. We should all be going to truck driving school if that is the case. I'm guessing the reason why you can't smoke in most establishments around here is because your opinions are so popular with the American people. The fact that you call The Heritage Foundation a source for news is like going to the KKK webpage for "facts" on black history.
There's several sources on this. Which one would you like?

BTW, if you run into any of those 97% of scientists, can you ask them when we here in Cleveland will get anywhere close to normal temperatures again? Hasn't happened the last few weeks and forecasts say it's not going to happen next week either.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just a truck driver that can't figure out that it's much colder outside than usual this time of year.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22463 Nov 29, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Have you never seen any articles on Boards of Directors? Every one of them are on multiple boards of multiple companies. They keep their crony buddies backs patted and pockets overflowing in their good ol' boys clubs that very few other people belong to. You harped long and hard just on GM and ignored the Big Banks 2 bailouts. One from Bush with no strings attached, so they stayed business as usual with huge bonuses and lavish conferences at resorts. Then they came back for a second round under Obama, except he was smart enough to put restrictions on that one. The GM bailout has been a success, saving jobs and leading to large expansions of employees and factories, while Wall Street and the big banks have been shedding employees while wallowing in record breaking profits..
Of course I am aware of Boards of Directors which is why I posed the question, why didn't their board make changes sooner. You did address some of that, I still don't believe that government/taxpayers should have been invested in private business.
Don't get me wrong, I am glad that GM survived & saved jobs. BUT if it was such a good deal, why didn't a Holding Company step in? Because recent numbers show a $10,000,000,000 overall loss.It's somewhat like rewarding malfeasance & dereliction of duty/performance.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22464 Nov 29, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I am aware of Boards of Directors which is why I posed the question, why didn't their board make changes sooner. You did address some of that, I still don't believe that government/taxpayers should have been invested in private business.
Don't get me wrong, I am glad that GM survived & saved jobs. BUT if it was such a good deal, why didn't a Holding Company step in? Because recent numbers show a $10,000,000,000 overall loss.It's somewhat like rewarding malfeasance & dereliction of duty/performance.
If the government didn't step in, the courts would have and that's something the Democrats didn't want.

They would have filed for bankruptcy and the court would have ordered the company what to do and the company wouldn't have been able to say anything about it. That includes union contracts which would have been null and void once a court makes an order.

Remember that union people usually vote Democrat. Democrat politicians know that too.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22465 Nov 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, if you run into any of those 97% of scientists, can you ask them when we here in Cleveland will get anywhere close to normal temperatures again? Hasn't happened the last few weeks and forecasts say it's not going to happen next week either.
But then again, what do I know? I'm just a truck driver that can't figure out that it's much colder outside than usual this time of year.
Cooler than usual at the end of November, eh? Sure it is. Now about the FACT that those same scientists were accurately predicting the hottest decade in recorded history while folks like you were repeating oil lobby propaganda. Let me guess. The fact that the Koch brothers were spending millions to refute global warming, right when you formed your anti-scientific opinions on global weather trends is all just another one of those kookie coincidences...again. Right? Now I'm trying to figure out what you personally have to gain from your views. We have already seen you defend smoking and claim it's harmful effects are all just a scheme by Al Gore (Also see Coo Coo), so we know you are a rightwing tool. I form my opinions based on the fact that people have no right to destroy the air we breath and the water we drink so they personally can make a buck...or billions as it is in the case of the oil companies. Now jump through the hoop, call everyone else brainwashed and wonder why you never get any respect.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22466 Nov 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are claiming that 3 weeks of cold in November debunks climate change? Wow. You should record yourself sometime, kick back to some satellite footage of our ice caps obviously melting and listen to the things you believe. While you are at it, stop by the hospital and tell any smoker with lung cancer, emphysema or any other fatal smoking related condition that they are puppets of Al Gore's evil scheme to fool people on the dangers of smoking. Then you can return to your clock in preparation of the coming hour, and boldly announce it's arrival with a hardy "Coo Coo Coo Coo".
Pops

Newport, KY

#22467 Nov 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If the government didn't step in, the courts would have and that's something the Democrats didn't want.
They would have filed for bankruptcy and the court would have ordered the company what to do and the company wouldn't have been able to say anything about it. That includes union contracts which would have been null and void once a court makes an order.
Remember that union people usually vote Democrat. Democrat politicians know that too.
But Gm & Chrysler did defacto go into bankruptcy. Just not the proper way.
They put a number of lines up for sale & with no takers just closed them down. The only line that they managed to sell was Saab & it has since closed.
Private money knew better than to get involved in the mess.
Obama did insist that certain officers be 'removed' which he has no lawful power to do, even IF he only delegated the actual negotiating. I believe that the union ended up with quite a few shares too for 'being cooperative'.
I don't remember; did congress have a formal vote on this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Methodist Episcopal minister accused of ... (Jul '08) 10 hr matthew 368
Heartless Felons 17 hr KobiKeandreKlauss 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr Bently 19,559
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Sat nobody 7
Cleveland police bust out car window after moth... Sat nobody 1
Tamir Rice's father has history of domestic vio... Fri Observer 18
Protests break out in Cleveland over Tamir Rice... Dec 18 Watsa Mattau 6
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland

Personal Finance