Daycare Worker Sentenced For Throwing Child

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

CLEVELAND, Ohio--- A local daycare worker is sentenced to 180 days in jail for throwing a three-year-old child across a room.
Comments
41 - 59 of 59 Comments Last updated Apr 18, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
No Kids Here

Beachwood, OH

#41 Dec 3, 2009
Sue in Barberton wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you don't have children.
I don't get it. You're happy I don't have kids because you think it's ok for them to throw stones at my property or that if I did have kids and someone harmed them, I'd go after the snot that hurt them?
vsedriver

Blacklick, OH

#42 Dec 4, 2009
this is exactly why I chose to stay home and raise my own kids.
bored

United States

#44 Dec 8, 2009
where can i watch the video at? and what town did this happen in?
Sam

Oxford, MS

#45 Dec 9, 2009
The Biotch should get 6 years instead of 6 months. I am so afraid of taking my 2 year old to a daycare because i know that he is bad and he will have to be tolerated by someone that has the patience for children!Throwing the child was very crazy. And i also wanna blame the owner because i can bet you my whole pay check this is not the first time this has happen.
Charlie Aliff

Charleston, WV

#46 Dec 9, 2009
some kids just deserve it
tudluv

Gibsonia, PA

#47 Dec 10, 2009
Severe PMS much?
know the story

Amherst, OH

#48 Dec 13, 2009
Rapunzel111 wrote:
The mother of this child stated that she is his foster mother,so if this is true,why is she putting him in daycare to begin with?
It seems to me that when you sign up to be a foster parent,you are agreeing to take on the responsibility of the child 100%.If this mother cannot be there to raise the foster child,meaning no other obligations such as work,etc,and cannot stay home with him to raise him,then why is she signing up to be a foster parent?
In the state I live in,foster parents get monentary compensation to take care of foster children.My question is Is this child's foster mom getting any money out of this deal?
And is her placing him in daycare so she can work yet another form of child neglect?
I feel bad for this little child's situation as it seems as if nobody wants him at all.
You are right!!! there is more to the story. The child attends another daycare in the morning for behavior disabilities,then goes to another daycare immediately following (a new daycare). The child is not getting attention at home. Seems to me money is being spent for foster mom's own benefit. County needs to place the child in another home. I KNOW THE STORY!!!!!!
know the story

Amherst, OH

#49 Dec 13, 2009
Update social worker of the kid "quit" her job! Please remove that child before he grows up to become another ANTHNONY SOWELL!!!!!!!!!!
bbrowning

United States

#50 Dec 19, 2009
Charlie Aliff wrote:
some kids just deserve it
I try not to attack anyone on these forums because "freedom of speech" and all, but YOU'RE AN IDIOT!! No child deserves that sort of treatment, especially a 3 yr. old TODDLER!! Now, I'm through speaking to you, IDIOT. My next comment is for everyone else (so long as you don't agree with IDIOT): This poor child has had a rough time for being here only 3 years, and none of it is his fault. That worker, and anyone other IDIOT who purposely hurts children, should get much more punishment than what's typically handed down! People who abuse animals get harsher sentences!! Where's our priorities?! I feel so bad for him. Please be an advocate for the children -- speak up for them because they cannot speak for themselves!! My prayers go out to all the working families who have to send their kids to childcare -- I would be terrified. God bless you, and all the little children.
__ hottest

United States

#51 Dec 19, 2009
Wowww that so sad i got a new born daughter and if anybody was to hurt her , my daughter father will kill him omg i swear why would he do that to a 3 year old . He desearves to die in jail thats why i would never leave me daughter in a daycare i rather quit my job .
Foster mom

Cleveland, OH

#52 May 1, 2010
Most of the people on here who commented had common sense..children are not to be thrown like a bag of trash and no matter how you look at the situation the daycare worker was wrong! Now as a foster mom this is the twentith century and parents have to work to survive. So to those who are questioning why does the foster mother work its simply because she has too. She made a sacrifice to help a child and if that eans spending some time at daycare...so what thats life,However im sure she didnt send him there to be abused and for the daycare to attempt to cover it up.maybe if it was your child you would see it differently.....Zenobia!!!!!!
Foster mom

Cleveland, OH

#53 May 1, 2010
Tim misney makes em pay!!!!!!!
family

Maple Heights, OH

#54 Feb 26, 2011
They bout to get they azz sued so who cares what you know!!
Joey C

Willoughby, OH

#55 Feb 28, 2011
It's a shame that the punishment does not match the offense. The day care worker should have been sentenced longer in jail and perhaps community service following the jail time. The child could have badly injured both emotionally, psychiatrically and physically. She should also be placed in the registry for abuse and neglect. Additionally, she should not work in the field of caregiving, or be allowed near children under 18 years of age, etc. This should include being alone with her own child or relatives under 18 years of age.
guess

Cleveland, OH

#56 Jun 20, 2012
nickelodeon childcare is so unprofessional only professional when need to be all types of people with rigged,phony experience.there's family working there that shouldn't be and being protected by the owners this place is pron for disasters i wouldn't drop off my dog there. there is alot of crooked and hush hush stuff going on everyday there the big boss an her workers are all full of it
sowkui

Cleveland, OH

#57 Jun 20, 2012
i would have been so humiliated as the owner to have made that call to that parentan said that her child was thrown by one of my staff members.hey owner maybe u shouldn't just get a BCI but a behavorial,and mental eval on the people u hire!
Enough Kids Already

Beachwood, OH

#58 Jul 9, 2012
andrea wrote:
thats why u parents who work, need to be at home with ur children, dont cry u cant afford it, id rather live less than send my child to be cared for by a stranger, not live with it, if u dont want it to happen keep ur ass at home!!!!! with ur kids
These people squirt out these kids and they're not even planned on having. They just mass produce them so they can over populate the country with these little screaming mimis'. For what day care costs, the mother could stay home and let the father bring in the money. Oh, yeah. I forgot. There ARE no fathers! They all book as soon as that belly starts to bulge! Well then, maybe they should start day care centers in prisons. This way the little tykes can get a good idea what their lives will be like in about 15 years! lolololol!
Coach Johnson

Beachwood, OH

#60 Aug 12, 2012
I heard that day care worker that threw the kid is trying out of quarterback for the Browns.
You dont know nothing

Maple Heights, OH

#61 Apr 18, 2014
Are you stupid? The county checks out and approves all childcare situations! The foster parents are allow to work so that they can take care of themselves as this mom was doing. The blame lies in the worker and the owners who tried to cover it up. The tapes prove who was negligent. I dont believe the foster mom was the one to throw him asshole!
know the story wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right!!! there is more to the story. The child attends another daycare in the morning for behavior disabilities,then goes to another daycare immediately following (a new daycare). The child is not getting attention at home. Seems to me money is being spent for foster mom's own benefit. County needs to place the child in another home. I KNOW THE STORY!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) 1 hr annie 1,008
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr see the light 18,872
Was Dumb fired from Rovers Morning Glory Thu David Z 19
news Aug 26 admirer 1
where can u find dog food in cleveland? Aug 25 type username here 2
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Aug 24 TedHOhio 6
Review: Amarico Fence Aug 22 Jimmy jones 1
•••
•••
Cleveland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cleveland Jobs