Cleveland billboards give a face and ...

Cleveland billboards give a face and positive message to atheism

There are 2 comments on the Cleveland.com story from May 16, 2014, titled Cleveland billboards give a face and positive message to atheism. In it, Cleveland.com reports that:

A new billboard campaign in Cleveland and Akron features local atheists and agnostics sharing positive messages about what they don't and do believe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cleveland.com.

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#1 May 17, 2014
See atheists as human beings? We can't have that! If we do, the religious won't be able to foment hate and violence against them.

Which, of course, is the intent on both parts. Atheists want to show that we are civil and moral people, and the religious want to mass murder us.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#2 May 18, 2014
P_Smith wrote:
See atheists as human beings? We can't have that! If we do, the religious won't be able to foment hate and violence against them.
Which, of course, is the intent on both parts. Atheists want to show that we are civil and moral people, and the religious want to mass murder us.
Don't be ridiculous.

For one thing, A I suspect that small minority of atheists are neither civil nor moral and that a larger number, perhaps the majority of atheists, simply don;t worry about religious people opinions at all. The activists who put up billboard are only the tip of the atheist iceberg and represent only one of many points of view within our community.

Moreover, I see no evidence that the religious want to do physical harm to atheists. If they did, the more volatile among them would be killing atheists almost daily. Here in the U/S, they number over 200 million, after all, and if even one percent felt as you say they do, we'd have a million assassins at work.

What I do see , both personally and through the media, is peaceful, if argumentative coexistence. Most people that I've run across in my life would rather get along with others than fuss and fight. When they start running across likable people who fall into the categories they think that they abhor, most tend to suppress and eventually modify their views rather than show enmity or hostility.

There ain't no bad guy
There ain't no good guy
There's only you and me and
we just disagree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Anybody Anywhere 21,174
Do not buy Toshiba copiers!!! (Jan '09) 18 hr Greensboro 31
FSC (fire safe cigarettes): Are they making you... (Dec '09) Sep 15 FSC sick 81
East Cleveland, looks like a horror movie Sep 14 Art McCoy 2
Endorsement for Mayor of Cleveland Sep 10 joe 1
News Three armed Taco Bell employees shoot armed rob... Sep 10 25or6to4 3
Same/Same; The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment Sep 5 BattleSpeed02 1

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages