FSC (fire safe cigarettes): Are they making you sick?

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of77
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Henry

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

Ok, I know that cigarettes are not good for you and can be quite dangerous to your health in the best of circumstances. This post isn't meant to debate the cons of cigarette smoking; that's a given. But what I'd like to know is if any smokers out there in Ohio have had issues with the new FSC cigarettes--are they making you sick? Headaches, nausea, vomiting, stomach pains, foul taste in your mouth?

I didn't hear about the FSC change until I mentioned to a buddy of mine about a month ago that I thought the coffee I was drinking was making me sick for some reason that I couldn't understand. He told me about the ethyl acetate put on cigarette papers now to make them fire proof. I researched it online and this chemical makes cigarettes even more toxic than they already are, and a lot of people online seem to be reporting side effects as a result.

Personally, I'm quitting this week--they're too expensive and this new poison just sealed the deal for me. But I cannot believe that the government has ok'd (or rather, forced) tobacco companies to add something this toxic to cigarettes, when its been trying to expose added toxins in cigarettes and fine tobacco companies for adding them for more than a decade now? It absolutely boggles my mind, and I have a feeling that somewhere down the line, there are going to be lawsuits over this.

Anyway, just my two cents worth but I'd love to hear if others have had any issues with this or not. Thanks.
baker

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Judged:

I have been vomiting sometimes several times a day for about three months....thought I was pregnant. Now i CAN DEFINITELY tell this is directly the result of the FSC cigarettes. I can still purchase the non-fsc from some stores and when I smoke the non-fsc I do not get sick that day...When all packs are FSC then I will have no choice but to quit.
Slim

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Judged:

As long as the label says "Marlboro" they wont make you sick. They will help you live longer and keep you warm. Dont be shy, light up......
Missy

Northville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Henry wrote:
Ok, I know that cigarettes are not good for you and can be quite dangerous to your health in the best of circumstances. This post isn't meant to debate the cons of cigarette smoking; that's a given. But what I'd like to know is if any smokers out there in Ohio have had issues with the new FSC cigarettes--are they making you sick? Headaches, nausea, vomiting, stomach pains, foul taste in your mouth?
I didn't hear about the FSC change until I mentioned to a buddy of mine about a month ago that I thought the coffee I was drinking was making me sick for some reason that I couldn't understand. He told me about the ethyl acetate put on cigarette papers now to make them fire proof. I researched it online and this chemical makes cigarettes even more toxic than they already are, and a lot of people online seem to be reporting side effects as a result.
Personally, I'm quitting this week--they're too expensive and this new poison just sealed the deal for me. But I cannot believe that the government has ok'd (or rather, forced) tobacco companies to add something this toxic to cigarettes, when its been trying to expose added toxins in cigarettes and fine tobacco companies for adding them for more than a decade now? It absolutely boggles my mind, and I have a feeling that somewhere down the line, there are going to be lawsuits over this.
Anyway, just my two cents worth but I'd love to hear if others have had any issues with this or not. Thanks.
Yes they made me sick, I know for sure NOW I am going to QUIT, I am feeling dizzy
Missy

Northville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Judged:

These cigarettes are more dangerous than before, they distiniquish too fast, they taste different and they make me feel dizzy, I am about to throw away a pack of $7 cigarettes which is not a bad idea, I QUIT!!!!! Will buy PATCHES tomorrow - did it before and can do it again.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Missy wrote:
These cigarettes are more dangerous than before, they distiniquish too fast, they taste different and they make me feel dizzy, I am about to throw away a pack of $7 cigarettes which is not a bad idea, I QUIT!!!!! Will buy PATCHES tomorrow - did it before and can do it again.
I thought it was my drinking that was making me feel funny,but my new years resolution was to quit drinking and I am on day 6 sober now.These smokes are messing me up.I guess thats the next vice that I have to get rid of.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Judged:

Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it was my drinking that was making me feel funny,but my new years resolution was to quit drinking and I am on day 6 sober now.These smokes are messing me up.I guess thats the next vice that I have to get rid of.
I've cut down smoking believe it or not for 38 bucks i got the cigarette machine tubes and tobacco to make my own and since then went from over a half a pack to about 7 per day. The initial cost is a cartoon of cheap cigs which makes two cartoons. The tobacco is none taxed pipe tobacco menthol total cost with papers is about 10 bucks. After I quit I can give everything away now i don't feel I have to smoke the whole pack after giving in to buy one. I'll keep you all informed how it works.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Judged:

D and D,I rolled my own for 3 years and after that big price hike,they started to do something to that tobacco.All of a sudden,the cigs were hard to pack and they burned up in 4 minutes as apposed to 8 before.I tried different tobaccos and had the same results.Time to quit after I lick the alcohol thing.
Jeff Oziah

Anniston, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

Judged:

They broke me out and are making me itch real bad but i want my old cigs back i dont really want to quit
Kim L

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

These FSC's are a nightmare. I just cannot smoke them, they make not only me but my husband horribly ill. We feel like up chucking and we have headaches that just wont go away, I brushed my teeth so many times from the foul taste in my mouth my tongue and gums are sore but jeez let me get that craving and im smoking a half of a ciggie and trust me that isnt enjoyable either, Nicorette is really sounding good about now.
Beth S

Sandusky, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

I have been feeling dizzy the past few weeks since I started smoking again. I looked up what the FSC change on th cigarette pack was-never seen it on there until recently. Maybe that has been the problem. Aside from that -I lighted a cigarette this morning and it went up in a big flame-don't know if it was made wrong or what-but it actually was in a blaze but luckily I got it out before any damage. Looked at what was left and there was a black small circle in the middle if the tobacco. Fire safe???? Has this happened to anyone else??There are enough chemicals in these things-already killing many. The government doesn't care-they make big tax bucks off of them. I am going to quit again-TODAY-hopefully for good. If the government cared so much about its' people why don't they help us quit-instead over the years they have allowed more and more chemicals added. Big Bucks-they don't care about the poor, addicted people-who can't afford them anyway!
Just Me

Warren, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

I am a smoker and have had problems with the new FSC cigs. I haven't actually vomited or anything but they seem to permantly affect my nose and throat. I haven't been able to cure this problem since they changed over. Hence my vow to quit this year. Also, it never bothered my husband before for me to smoke in our vehicles as long as I had the window cracked, now as soon as I light up, it's like instant sinus problems. Many of my friends and co-workers have had the same type of problem with respiratory but none have gotten flu like symptoms. I have heard from numerous people and research that the new chemical to make them Fire Safe is actually a glue compound. Just another addition to the many hazards already included.
Beth S

Sandusky, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

I heard that too-about the glue compound!
Just Me

Warren, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Smoking is not the same anymore. Although it is still hard to quit. I'm trying but man oh man, I don't know if i can!
Right Call

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
Smoking is not the same anymore. Although it is still hard to quit. I'm trying but man oh man, I don't know if i can!
You can !!! Its hard and requires determination. You must decide for yourself that you are going to do it, and dont give in no matter what. I KNOW !! Its been almost 4 years now and I still have the occasional craving, so it is a long process but it CAN be done. Good Luck !!
Just Me

Warren, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Thank you for your inspiration words, and congratulations on being smoke free. It's good to know that even long after you quit the cravings are still there. I just thought it was because I was a newly renouned quitter.I have been slowly getting aways from it. My mind is set, my body isn't. I hope that even if the cravings are there, they will get easier.
Daphne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

My husband has had bad headaches and has been vomiting bad for the past week. He has also been having really bad stomach pains so bad that he can't get out of bed in the morning. He thought it was dinner but me and the kids didn't get sick. So it has to be the cigarettes.
BUGMAN

Atwater, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Slim wrote:
As long as the label says "Marlboro" they wont make you sick. They will help you live longer and keep you warm. Dont be shy, light up......
RIGHT ON BEEN SMOKING COWBOY KILLERS FOR 40 YRS.fit as a fiddle!!!
VictoriaM

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

Judged:

I hadb't heard about the FSC and about a month ago I started coughing like crazy. All of a sudden I would smell something burning (not me!) and when I checked carefully it was the carpet or a blouse I was wearing smouldering! This happened 7 times, I thought WTH! It never happened before. The cigarettes tasted different and a bit unpleasant. A friend told me about the FSC cigs, it was a law and was to make cigarettes fire proof. Excuse me! You have to light them to make them work, what's the sense of making them fireproof? They are far more dangerous for setting fires than they ever were! Live coals falling out of a cigarette is a fire hazard!

I'd bet a fortune that the bright lights who thought this up are not smokers and testing, any testing, wasn't done. Don't we have enough chemicals in our environment anyway?

I started ordering cigarettes on line, they are made in China or Switzerland and only cost about $22.00 a carton, with shipping and are not pre-chemicalled. I also bought a machine and pipe tobacco to roll my own. Boy is that hard to do!

If there is a tobacco NAZI out there ready to encourage me to quit, forget it! Don't waste your time, I am a grown person who makes my own decisions.

It just ticks me off that the government (our employees, we pay them with our taxes) would make such a decision without consulting their employers (us, the taxpayers!)

Government mandated illness! What will they think of next?

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

VictoriaM wrote:
I hadb't heard about the FSC and about a month ago I started coughing like crazy. All of a sudden I would smell something burning (not me!) and when I checked carefully it was the carpet or a blouse I was wearing smouldering! This happened 7 times, I thought WTH! It never happened before. The cigarettes tasted different and a bit unpleasant. A friend told me about the FSC cigs, it was a law and was to make cigarettes fire proof. Excuse me! You have to light them to make them work, what's the sense of making them fireproof? They are far more dangerous for setting fires than they ever were! Live coals falling out of a cigarette is a fire hazard!
I'd bet a fortune that the bright lights who thought this up are not smokers and testing, any testing, wasn't done. Don't we have enough chemicals in our environment anyway?
I started ordering cigarettes on line, they are made in China or Switzerland and only cost about $22.00 a carton, with shipping and are not pre-chemicalled. I also bought a machine and pipe tobacco to roll my own. Boy is that hard to do!
If there is a tobacco NAZI out there ready to encourage me to quit, forget it! Don't waste your time, I am a grown person who makes my own decisions.
It just ticks me off that the government (our employees, we pay them with our taxes) would make such a decision without consulting their employers (us, the taxpayers!)
Government mandated illness! What will they think of next?
If you bought one of those little machines,they are junk.You need the $39.00 blue premier machine or the $49.00 all metal premier machine which is very nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of77
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Cleveland Forum right now

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
boried woment 13 min xxxl34mal 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 min Samuel 17,747
Daycare Worker Sentenced For Throwing Child (Dec '09) 48 min You dont know nothing 59
Review: Amish Built Garages For Less 15 hr Bub 2
Rand Paul stutters 15 hr Tea 1
Genealogy Query - FRANKLIN : RICHARDS Thu joanNYadoptees 1
Looking for father Thu Angela 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
•••
•••