The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz

Jan 18, 2008 Full story: Free Times 1,031

“Monday, December 28, Bev and I got up about 8:30, 9 o'clock. We had breakfast and then washed dishes from the night before.”

Looking back, it seemed that Beverly Jarosz had sensed that Death wanted her. A vague sense of impending danger first stirred in the summer of 1964, around the time the 16 year old received an anonymous present ... via Free Times

Full Story
annie

Maple Heights, OH

#969 Apr 19, 2013
Tanner Did your Grandmother ever wonder why Roger did not go to her viewing or funeral? Was he a controling kind of person
tanner

Phoenix, AZ

#970 Apr 22, 2013
MAC wrote:
I was wondering if your Grandmother contacted Garfield when they opened the case a few years back? Sometimes years later, people recall something, and shrug it off, thinking it may not be helpful, only to find out to the contrary.
No i wish she would have
nimrod333

Cleveland, OH

#972 May 7, 2013
I met Beverly through a friend of a friend in the Fall of the year of her death. Only spoke with her a few times, but did not get the impression that she was the type of "flash and trash" sort of girl described in these posts. She had lovely eyes, but seemed a bit shy and wary of people she just met. And there was no indication that she was in any way a "loose women". Quite the contrary. I would suspect that one of her friends at the time knows some small bit of info that would lead to the identity of the killer and just does not know that information is important. Perhaps it is time for the police to let out a little more info, or ask some pointed questions of the general public so this can be brought to a close.
ghhs 1967

White Plains, NY

#973 Jun 17, 2013
hey roger (mac), didn't you get your teeth knocked out in a fight @ st johns cemetary when you were a kid?

turn yourself in
WAITING FOR AN ARREST

Hallandale, FL

#974 Jun 19, 2013
ghhs 1967 wrote:
hey roger (mac), didn't you get your teeth knocked out in a fight @ st johns cemetary when you were a kid?
turn yourself in
SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN...thank you
ghhs1967

Croton On Hudson, NY

#975 Jul 5, 2013
rather not say wrote:
I THINK IF WE HAD ALL THE INFORMATION THE POLICE HAVE,MRDONUT AND I COULD SOLVE THIS CASE.AND IT WOULD NOT TAKE 44 YEARS.
mrdonut is Roger McNamara
mr done it
mrdonut sure knows a lot about the case, why?

Judged:

331

20

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 11

Ashburn, VA

#976 Jul 8, 2013
Ya McNamara, turn yourself in dude. It's the right thing to do. You know as well as everyone else that you did it. Her poor dad is dead now never knowing the entire truth. Don't do this to her mother too. Show that your a man for God's sake.
ghhs1967

Croton On Hudson, NY

#977 Jul 12, 2013
...realized I spelled "cemetery" wrong.

Hmmm - turn yourself in.
mrdonut

Atlanta, GA

#978 Jul 19, 2013
ghhs1967 wrote:
<quoted text>
mrdonut is Roger McNamara
mr done it
mrdonut sure knows a lot about the case, why?
Because I ask a lot of questions.

Judged:

341

21

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ghhs1967

Croton On Hudson, NY

#979 Jul 20, 2013
mrdonut wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I ask a lot of questions.
What questions have you asked or asked of Roger McNamara?

Judged:

292

24

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
WAITING FOR AN ARREST

Hallandale, FL

#983 Jul 23, 2013
MAC wrote:
@The Big A- You say Lets start a new thread to figure out "who killed all those kities." Does it relate to the Beverly Jarosz case? Is your comment off topic or does it relate to the Beverly Jarosz case?
AND THE GUILTY SPEAKS...again and again
nimrod333

Cleveland, OH

#984 Jul 25, 2013
Look to the morons who lived in the Warner Road area. The answer is there. They already have blood on their hands.
ms las vegas

Las Vegas, NV

#985 Aug 18, 2013
I have followed this murder case of beverly since the day it happened. I firmly believe with all the crime scene evidence that should have been collected, with today's DNA technology there should be a match to someone's DNA. I felt the boy who lived down the street should be checked out again. Why has this case lagged through the years? To the authorities, there must have been DNA collected. There should be a new fresh cold-case detective assigned to re-open this case someone young with new technology studies, a different way of looking at the evidence,that has been in a file box in a room of cold case files.
ms las vegas

Las Vegas, NV

#986 Aug 18, 2013
I wrote a comment on another page. I lived in euclid ohio,when Beverly was murdered, I used to take a euclid cab at the time only .50 cents to my girlfriend Janey's house and she and her mother Maude and I were calling the garfield hgts police dept. with our thoughts on this terrible murder. I felt then and still feel today, it was said in the news reports, it looked as though Beverly put up a good fight against her attacker, there must have been DNA,skin under her finger nails. I sure hope after all these years, someone will discover something that has been over looked, it could be the smallest piece of evidence collected.
annie

Maple Heights, OH

#987 Aug 18, 2013
ms vegas I totally agree with so many cases being solved that you would think this one being confind to a room and contamination free compared to outside should have a better chance of being solved with all this new tech. my first thought is the boyfriend Rodger then the kid down the street. The very thought of this animal still crawling the streets sickens me
Hmmm

Inverness, UK

#988 Sep 2, 2013
ghhs1967 wrote:
...realized I spelled "cemetery" wrong.
Hmmm - turn yourself in.
LMAO. Yeah, okay - I'll get right on that.[eye roll]
Laurie

Maple Heights, OH

#989 Sep 2, 2013
Marilyn Skadra wrote:
When I read in the article about Stankowitz, I too immediately thought about the connection between the name and the of the police department. I was thining though, say this Steve Stankowitz called - okay, Beverly writes down the name. If this person's voice was familiar and Stankowicz was a made-up name wouldn't she say that to the caller and not write the name down? She would have recognized the voice. However, this purported Stankowicz must be someone who lived very close because shortly after that call she was murdered. Wouldn't have to be someone close in the area who could get out of that house and run through the back yards to get back home. It was a convenient call. I still don't think there is any way a girl could possible attack and kill another with such brutality. I think it has to be a man. Someone very close. I think it's in her immediate circle. This person had evil and hatred for her. Went to strangle her and she fought back horrendously, then he had to go for the letter opener thing. All the time Barb was at the door.
I don't think you know what you are talking about half the time .....First off the person who's name is on the Justice Center is Raymond Stachewicz NOT Steve Stankowicz .. You should really do your research BEFORE posting STUPID comments !
ghhs1967

Croton On Hudson, NY

#990 Sep 8, 2013
mrdonut, MAC, Hmmm...

You don’t have any questions about Roger McNamara because you know all of the answers.

I knew what Garfield Heights High School, the Press & Plain Dealer knew about the tragedy and that was it.

After reading your posts, Roger, you filled in all of the blanks I didn’t understand about the case. If Barb would not have shown up unexpectedly, none of this would have ever happened; you left through the side door…
I have no more questions.

Please understand, I am not judging you; I have had my own brush with the dark side. But St. Therese has guided me to a better way and she will do the same for you.
You did love Bev; how can you still honor her in this lifetime?
ghhs1967

Croton On Hudson, NY

#991 Sep 11, 2013
mrdonut, MAC or Hmmm do not ask questions about Roger McNamara because they must know all of the answers.

If you are knowledgeable of the case, their collective posts contain an explanation and confession to the horrific death of Beverly Jarosz.

To the writer(s)of the posts: How are you going to honor Bev in this lifetime?...more deceit?

ghhs1967

Croton On Hudson, NY

#995 Sep 12, 2013
emmapeel wrote:
These people from Cleveland too stupid to solve a murder. No wonder Cleveland is a ghetto. Stupid.
If you would have attended a Cleveland School, you would have been able to write a more coherent, grammatically correct sentence.

And Cleveland is a wonderful city: University Circle, Blossom, the Parks, the Lake, World Class Orchestra, Museums, Hospitals, Major League attractions and the friendliest people. I grew up in Garfield Heights and loved it! I left to serve in the Viet Nam War and moved on; I will always be an Indian and Brown’s fan.

Garfield Heights was a friendly, safe city and Beverly Jarosz should still be alive today, but someone who cared too deeply about her, lost it…

& please stop desecrating Bev with your pathetic nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr DoNotUnderstandMo... 19,576
Heartless Felons Dec 23 I heart hate 3
Former Methodist Episcopal minister accused of ... (Jul '08) Dec 21 matthew 368
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
Cleveland police bust out car window after moth... Dec 20 nobody 1
Tamir Rice's father has history of domestic vio... Dec 19 Observer 18
Protests break out in Cleveland over Tamir Rice... Dec 18 Watsa Mattau 6
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:56 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:56PM
Lions Come Back To Earth in Disappointing Loss to Packers
NBC Sports 8:48 PM
Crisis averted: No AT&T Stadium scheduling conflict for CFP championship
Bleacher Report 9:35 PM
5 Takeaways from Lions' Loss in Green Bay
NBC Sports10:59 PM
Your Top Plays for Today - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:54 AM
Packers, Rodgers beat Lions 30-20 to win NFC North - NBC Sports