Father drowns teaching daughter to swim

Jun 16, 2007 Full story: WKYC-TV Cleveland 30

St. ALBANS, WV -- An Ohio man who was showing his daughter how to swim in West Virginia's Coal River has drowned. via WKYC-TV Cleveland

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike

Akron, OH

#25 Jul 11, 2010
rhonda for your info wrote:
<quoted text>for ur infor arsehole watch ur mouth because he was more a great guy he took care of his kids and if i new who u was you would get bitch smack for talking chit bout my brother if you have a problem talk to me michael who ever the hell you are bite me and hope u go thru the pain i feel dailey one of your own loser
My guess is Rhonda has no teeth and spends a lot of her time on her back.
And by the way - your brother was an idiot. People that do not know how to swim dont try and teach others.
LOVELY

Massillon, OH

#26 Oct 6, 2010
in all honesty he NEVER took care of his kids and i know that personally because i am his kid. i still love him but i never really seen him , he never paid child support i'm not saying he was a bad guy but he made alot of mistakes he needed help && nobody would ever help him. he really needed a psychologist && a few condoms. Tina you did have a child support case against i got the paper work to prove so stop lying already believe me the truth will set you free. Theres no point in lying and now look at his kids we never see each other which is fine by he i perfer it that way . i wish the other kids aint screwed up and they get major help befor its too late. && Mike you are rite rhonda has no teeth and does spend most her time on her back, but as for my father he just made alot of bad chooice like isaid he needed help may god bless his soul i hope he is at peace
janeadam meadows

Nitro, WV

#30 Aug 10, 2011
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way - your brother was an idiot. People that do not know how to swim dont try and teach others.
u piece of shit i hope u have 2 feel my family`s pain one day keep are brother out ur mouth!he ws a good son,father,uncle,brotherinlaw
he was and steel is loved by all his family,u know we all make mistakes,we learn from them,let me say this my parents were killed,burned up in r house,my parents where not trained 2 put out fire,so does that make them an idiot?hell no!all he was doing is spending w/his daughter atthe river he didnt know he was going to lose his life!no one does,i bet u dont have a family that cares loves u no matter how many mistakes u make!people like u are empty/cold cause u have no love!but al im sayn is JOEY MEADOWS was/and always will be LOVED/MISSED very much!BELIEVE THAT!we love/miss u joey,always in are hearts and never forgottn ur in heaven a better place/but we would give are last breath to see u again!we know he is an angle now watch`n over all of us!
jane adam meadows

Nitro, WV

#31 Aug 10, 2011
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
!all he was doing was spending time w/his daughter!no one know`s when it`s there time!we all are grieving and we all handle lost love one`s different som get mad so get`s crazy,some get`s deppressed,some takes there own life!wish u well
jane adam meadows

Nitro, WV

#32 Aug 10, 2011
janeadam meadows wrote:
<quoted text>
i hope u have 2 feel my family`s pain one day keep are brother out ur mouth!he ws a good son,father,uncle,brotherinlaw
he was and steel is loved by all his family,u know we all make mistakes,we learn from them,let me say this my parents were killed,burned up in r house,my parents where not trained 2 put out fire,so does that make them an idiot?hell no!all he was doing is spending w/his daughter atthe river he didnt know he was going to lose his life!no one does,i bet u dont have a family that cares loves u no matter how many mistakes u make!people like u are empty/cold cause u have no love!but al im sayn is JOEY MEADOWS was/and always will be LOVED/MISSED very much!BELIEVE THAT!we love/miss u joey,always in are hearts and never forgottn ur in heaven a better place/but we would give are last breath to see u again!we know he is an angle now watch`n over all of us!
ok
amber

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#34 Jan 10, 2012
you know it pretty pathetic that anyone has the nerve to disrespect someone they probably never even knew. he was a great person who was always able to make someone smile. My dad did what he could. after all i just read all i can think is how screwed this world is. My dad saved my life. my mom is right, if it weren't for him i wouldn't be here either so those seven other kids besides me would have lost not only a dad but a sister. its pretty stupid someone's going to post something on here not knowing anything about the situation or how he lived his life. and actually Jen is a great mom and raised my sister as a respectful sweet good girl and i know Jen has more respect for our family than to post something as disgusting and disrespectful. if you have nothing nice to say than at least have some respect for the dead and get over yourself and keep your mouth shut.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#35 Jan 11, 2012
amber wrote:
you know it pretty pathetic that anyone has the nerve to disrespect someone they probably never even knew. he was a great person who was always able to make someone smile. My dad did what he could. after all i just read all i can think is how screwed this world is. My dad saved my life. my mom is right, if it weren't for him i wouldn't be here either so those seven other kids besides me would have lost not only a dad but a sister. its pretty stupid someone's going to post something on here not knowing anything about the situation or how he lived his life. and actually Jen is a great mom and raised my sister as a respectful sweet good girl and i know Jen has more respect for our family than to post something as disgusting and disrespectful. if you have nothing nice to say than at least have some respect for the dead and get over yourself and keep your mouth shut.
Thank you for spelling eveything right. Now go teach the rest of your family how to spell, reads like they have never set a foot in a school building. If your dad didn't know how to swim WHY was he in the water ? Like trying to fly a plane without knowing what you are doing ( smart HUH )
Tabbitha Meadows

Cleveland, OH

#36 Feb 26, 2012
Honestly, "clueless" who ever you are, you have absolutely no business saying anything about, teaching someone else how to do something if they do not know how to do it themselves, the place that they went swimming that day,our family had been swimming in that same spot for years, over the years the bank that was under the water shrunk and was not as long as we had remembered. Obviously, he wouldn't have gone in any water that he knew wasn't safe. I was there the day that all of this happened and I remember every second of it, and if you weren't there and if you do not know what happend, keep your stupid comments to your damn self. It makes me absolutely sick to see how people can disrespect a man, who tried his hardest at the things he did. Because what I know is that if it wasn't for Joey, Amber most likely wouldn't be with us today, because hes the one who pushed her away from the current. Myself along with 2 of my other cousins and my sister, seen the pain that was in her eyes, nobody else. And I personaly seen one of his children today and she's one of the prettiest gifts from god, and by what it looks like her and her family are getting along just fine. I know all of his children and they do not care about the money all they care about is that their father is gone. And I'm damn sure that if they seen the rude ass comments that people have left about their father they'd be pretty damn pissed as well. It will be 5 years June 14th and we all miss him dearly. He was an amazing man, yes he has his downs, but he also had his ups and they were amazing as well. Joey was my unlce and I knew him well, and when he was with his kids, he was happy.
R.I.P.
Joey Lee Meadows
We miss you so much<3
His daughter

Cleveland, OH

#37 Feb 26, 2012
This whole page is sad . Who talks about a dead man , Who said they was me but put lorain oh... You obviously don't know me. Half you people didn't know my father as well because you didn't know how many kids he had. I don't understand running your mouth over a dead man who had children and loved ones don't you ignorant people think how much pain we are in then your going to comment negative falsified information about him. You guys are sick!!! He died leaving his children behind and most everything on here was about money. Who cared about money ? How about the fact I don't have a father now? && 7 more kids don't have a father No you guys just want to throw money around you people need a LIFE mainly mike. But clueless your name fits you perfect your CLUELESS TO THE SITUATION SO STFU !! this page proves how ignorant people are and how people waste their life in other peoples life!!!! R.I.P dad I'll never forget June 14 2007 <3<3
amber

Lakeview, OH

#38 Aug 26, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for spelling eveything right. Now go teach the rest of your family how to spell, reads like they have never set a foot in a school building. If your dad didn't know how to swim WHY was he in the water ? Like trying to fly a plane without knowing what you are doing ( smart HUH )
It's called hope. He hoped that he would be able to spend time with me considering he loved me and my little sister and my little brothers. He had hope that everything would be okay. And it is now. He is in a better place now. I know that may not make sense to you but your clueless obviously and don't know what its like to lose your father how I did. Accidents happen asshole. so don't judge by an article that has a bunch of people who are full of shit telling stories. I'm the only one who seen and heard and knows exactly what happened that day. I'm the one who seen it happen. So before your a smart ass not knowing what happened walk in my shoes. And I hate to break it to you but if your that worried about spelling and grammar then teach them yourself but first ill teach you a little something, check your own text. "EveRything" "they read like" "its like". So fuck you. You don't know what I went through don't talk to me like you have the slightest idea what it was like. But boy do I hope you find out real soon. When you have certain members telling you your a murderer because you were the one there as a twelve year old and your already hurt, it hits pretty hard. So grow up loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Jim Jones 19,549
Tamir Rice's father has history of domestic vio... 16 hr Observer 14
Protests break out in Cleveland over Tamir Rice... 20 hr DefAttorney 4
Tamir Rice's 20 hr DefAttorney 2
where can u find dog food in cleveland? Mon Anonymous 26
where can you buy heroin in cleveland? Mon Fra 789 16
Bad or not? Dec 14 BillF 3
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland