Father drowns teaching daughter to swim

Jun 16, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKYC-TV Cleveland

St. ALBANS, WV -- An Ohio man who was showing his daughter how to swim in West Virginia's Coal River has drowned. via WKYC-TV Cleveland

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Aug 26, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
someone who cares

Vermilion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

Judged:

joey meadows has 7 children he was a deadbeat dad he died leaving his children nothing but heart ache and owing alot of money the children will never see pray for the children of joey lee meadows
aunt

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

Judged:

someone who cares wrote:
joey meadows has 7 children he was a deadbeat dad he died leaving his children nothing but heart ache and owing alot of money the children will never see pray for the children of joey lee meadows
Joey Meadows has seven wonderful children , he didn't do this on purpose . He loved all of his children.
SOME WHO REALLY CARED

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2007

Judged:

TO ALL THE SORRY PEOPLE WHO WANNA TALK ABOUT JOEY LIKE HE WAS NOTHIN YOU ALL DID NOT KNOW WHAT JOEY WAS ABOUT HE LOVED HIS KIDS ALOT
THEY WERE HIS LIFE SO YOU ALL NEED TO BACK OFF.JOEY WAS ONE OF A KIND ALWAYS MAKIN ME LAUGH MY DAY JUST DIDNT SEEM RIGHT WITHOUT TALKIN TO JOEY.JOEY YOU ARE GOING TO BE MISSED BY ALOT OF PEOPLE WE LOVE YOU.
A FRIEND IN WV

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2007

Judged:

I TALKED TO JOEY EVERYDAY HE COULD NOT HELP THE WAY THING WENT IN HIS LIFE FROM WHAT I KNEW OF HIM HE LOVED ALL OF HIS CHILDREN MORE THEN ANYTHING HE LET THEM KNOW THAT HE LOVED THEM SO FOR SOMEONE TO JUDGE HIM YOU HAVE NO PLACE BECAUSE YOU WAS NOT IN HIS SHOES AND IN MY EYES YOU CAN NEVER FILL HIS SHOES!!
PA POINT OF VIEW

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

Judged:

I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD LEAVE A POST ABOUT HIM BEING A DEADBEAT DAD. HELLO !!!! HE DIED TEACHING HIS CHILD TO SWIM. REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF PERSON HE WAS AT LEAST HE WAS TRYING TO DO SOMETHING WITH HIS CHILD.

BESIDES EXCEPT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO WE. LETS BE THANKFUL FOR EACH DAY WE WAKE UP AND FOR ALL THAT WE HAVE.

BLESSINGS TO ALL. JESUS LOVE YOU!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

he has 8 kids. he did love them though. i don't know who wrote the comments only referring to 7, there are 8. i have dna results to prove it!!!!!!!!!!
Friend and Victim

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

Joey was a genius and a fool. His kids did mean the world to him. He was never happier than when he was with them. He told me last year that he couldn't swim. I offered to teach him but water scared the heck out of him. Kinda tells you just how much he loved his kids to fight the only fear i knew him to have.
ticme

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2007

Judged:

Joey has 8 children.
He loved them all very much!
He told me so all the time.

I think it is a shame and disrespectful to post bad things about someone that cant speak up for themselves.
There is always two sides to every story.

Joey was a good person inside.
He had some problems.
I know he didnt pay his child support.
But was always a good friend to me.

I miss him every day.
That was a sad and tragic way to die, especially in front of his daughter.....
Kristiemas

Milledgeville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2007

I never got to know Joey. But a good friend of mine did. He may not have been perfect..then again...none of us are! Instead of disrespecting his memory, his children need support and love right now. They need not read or hear bad things about a man they loved and loved them back. What a horrible thing to say about someone that has just passed away. You will be seen in the eyes of the Lord the way you just behaved. Rest in Peace Joey. And know that those that loved you, loved you for not only what was good about you but also for your flaws. And many tears have been cried and many hearts now feeling an amazing loss. God Bless!!
rhonda his sister

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2007

Judged:

for your information ahole my brother took care of his children and thats 8 ahole guess you cant count and if you no him ahole call me and say that shit to me at 13303264056 and 13048814968! and
someone who cares wrote:

“We All Have a Voice”

Since: May 07

Bricktown NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

Judged:

someone who cares wrote:
joey meadows has 7 children he was a deadbeat dad he died leaving his children nothing but heart ache
Well,now, I think all of THIS was uncalled for. You didn't have to post something so mean, about this poor man. He is dead, show a little respect.
I sure hope his relatives don't come across the things you wrote on here about him.
His Mom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Judged:

Joey was the most giving person no one knows what he went thru with the ones saying things about him. let them tell what they did to him. why he couldn't be with his children. he worked all the time everyday they would be there getting his money there was days he didn't even have anything to eat because he would give his x the money
he lost a lot. but I lost the most the love of my life. bone of my bone flesh of my flesh. so don't think the remark you read about him is true
he was dinied seeing his children he would take gifts to them they would be torn up and put in the street. if anyone knew Joey they know how good a man he was. I Know and God Knows.
His Mom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Judged:

someone who cares wrote:
the only thing you cared about was getting your hindend played with and money not your kids or they wouldn't have been so abused by your family
SOmeone Else Who Knew Him

Ravenna, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

He may have loved his children, but he was no angel. Angels do not abuse the people that they love. And no, I am not saying he abused his kids, I have never heard of him abusing his children, just not paying for all of them. THere are way too many court documents proving that he was not paying for people to claim he did.
Tabby

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2008

rhonda his sister wrote:
for your information ahole my brother took care of his children and thats 8 ahole guess you cant count and if you no him ahole call me and say that shit to me at 13303264056 and 13048814968! and <quoted text>
you go there aunt rhonda
Tabby

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2008

someone who cares wrote:
Hey Bitch thats my Fing uncle your talking trash about so go talk shit about your own piece of shit family!
tina

Ashtabula, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Judged:

joey has been dead over a year and a half now... i am the mother to 4 of his precious kids. id like to start by saying that joe may not of paid child suport to his kids through the proper channels but he was paying child suport to his kids. not a week went by when he didnt give help to his kids. i never had a child support case against joe. and i helped him just as much as he helped me. he was never mean to my kids and as far as im aware was never mean to his other 4 either. joe loved all his children equal and would of done anything in the world for any of them. this is the first time i have been on here an am actually crying to think that a great guy died, my daughter watched her father die. 8 kids are hurt and will live with no father figure and all ignorant ppl are worried about is if he paid child support. well to answer your question . i know for a fact he paid Pam and Jen money every week. and i think that its stupid to have to defend a dead man about something that isnt anyones buisness anyway! and did your ignorant ass know that if it wasnt for joe my daughter would of died to. no matter what you think that joe did or didnt do he gave his life for his child. he saved my baby before his own life was taken. i dont care if he never paid a penny. he gave me something worth more then any amount of money in the world he gave me my precious daughter and her 3 brothers who everyday that i look at them i see him in their eyes.and hope they grow up to be as intellegent , loving and caring as he was.
Stephen

Ashtabula, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

Judged:

well, this is my first time on here, and wut i read is rediculous, i didnt know him, but i know 4 of his kids. they are so awesome you wouldnt believe it. his kids are well taken care of and are in good health. i dont know why all you nosey ass ppl are gettin in his business, but until you meet his kids, you will not know how they are. so mind your own business and let the mother of his kids take care of them. and let them not forget wut a great guy he was. i have heard plenty of stories to know that he was a great guy.
BETTY MEADOWS

Wayland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

AS EVERYBODY MAY KNOW MY FATHER HAS BEEN DEAD 2 & HALF YEARS.
MY FATHER HAS 8 CHILDREN.
BY 3 DIFFERENT WOMEN..
AND I BET THAT WAS JENN SAYING THAT STUFF.
ITS A SHAME:(
BUT EVEN IF MY DAD WASNT ALWAYS THERE FOR ME
I KNOW HE LOVED ME & I LOVED HIM 2...
rhonda for your info

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

mike wrote:
Given the remarks of his family and friends - we are clearly talking about trailer trash at its worst. Do any of you people know how to spell and articulate a thought?
And of course, he had 8 kids. The ones that can least afford it always do.
for ur infor arsehole watch ur mouth because he was more a great guy he took care of his kids and if i new who u was you would get bitch smack for talking chit bout my brother if you have a problem talk to me michael who ever the hell you are bite me and hope u go thru the pain i feel dailey one of your own loser

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland