Police: Man Enticed Girl into Halfway...

Police: Man Enticed Girl into Halfway House

There are 215 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Police: Man Enticed Girl into Halfway House. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Angel Skipper rarely strays from her family's front yard, but Akron Police say on Monday, the 9-year-old was allegedly lured into a nearby halfway house by 36-year-old Torrince Garner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

Uniontown, OH

#41 Jun 9, 2010
I am curious to know, just what kind of a half way house this man was in? Does this place have a Resident Director? Where was this person, when the girl was brought into the house? I have had very limited experience with half way houses. For the most part, I think they do wonderful jobs with helping people. BUT, there are a lot of neighborhoods, and communities that will not allow them. One reason being people are afraid of residents living in them. It only takes one person, to do one thing wrong, and then things are messed up for everyone else living there. It only takes one bad apple, to spoil the the whole batch.
My View

Cleveland, OH

#42 Jun 9, 2010
Kudos to the quick thinking cousins that brought dad to the rescue. These predators don't deserve to live and breathe among us. Children are abused and murdered all the time at the hands of these creeps. Dad ramming his head in the wall and choking him is a cake walk to what should have been done to him. But, I give dad alot of credit for restraining himself as much as he did. The monsters are closer than you think...and that's no joke...think about it!

“fear thy goverment”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#43 Jun 9, 2010
Wise Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it went through the proper licensing procedures. All the more reason not to live in the ghetto. You wouldn't find a half way house in the suburbs.
that is where you make a big mistake in judgment.when i remodeled home i worked on a home for troubled and abandoned teen boys and it was in one of the bestparts of uppity ole Norton.some of these boys were the worst of the worst and some you felt heavy in the heart for either way the better then the rest of us nieghbors were not too happy

Location hidden

#44 Jun 9, 2010
fought the fat before wrote:
<quoted text>that is where you make a big mistake in judgment.when i remodeled home i worked on a home for troubled and abandoned teen boys and it was in one of the bestparts of uppity ole Norton.some of these boys were the worst of the worst and some you felt heavy in the heart for either way the better then the rest of us nieghbors were not too happy
LOL..Norton? That's Barberton-Lite.

Uniontown, OH

#45 Jun 9, 2010
fought the fat before wrote:
<quoted text>that is where you make a big mistake in judgment.when i remodeled home i worked on a home for troubled and abandoned teen boys and it was in one of the bestparts of uppity ole Norton.some of these boys were the worst of the worst and some you felt heavy in the heart for either way the better then the rest of us nieghbors were not too happy
You need to go back to school. Learn about sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation. Your post makes almost no sense.
My View

Cleveland, OH

#46 Jun 9, 2010
Guest wrote:
I am curious to know, just what kind of a half way house this man was in? Does this place have a Resident Director? Where was this person, when the girl was brought into the house? I have had very limited experience with half way houses. For the most part, I think they do wonderful jobs with helping people. BUT, there are a lot of neighborhoods, and communities that will not allow them. One reason being people are afraid of residents living in them. It only takes one person, to do one thing wrong, and then things are messed up for everyone else living there. It only takes one bad apple, to spoil the the whole batch.
I have never heard of a half way house that did not have a director. However, the residents are pretty much allowed to come and go as they please with curfew restrictions. I work for an adult rehabilitation center with the main focus on addiction. We house a variety of types of people, some of which include the homeless and parolees via the court system. The rules are pretty strict...no drinking, drugs, have to work for your keep, live within civil guidelines, abide by curfew and so forth. Most people don't want these facilities in their neighborhoods because of the variety of personalities/crimes and so forth. That's pretty easy to understand. Our center is in the inner city and already in a seedy area. Personal security in and out of the facility is neccessary at all times. Rehabilitation depends on the individual and if you cannot abide by the rules...out you go! I don't know if that helps, but that's my 2 cents worth!(:

“fear thy goverment”

Location hidden

#47 Jun 9, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>You need to go back to school. Learn about sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation. Your post makes almost no sense.
I'll shorten it just for you .they made a house for bad boys in a good nieghborhood.
No conservative

Cleveland, OH

#48 Jun 10, 2010
Wise Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it went through the proper licensing procedures. All the more reason not to live in the ghetto. You wouldn't find a half way house in the suburbs.
You may not find a half-way house, but you sure do have a lot of pedophiles there for little girls and boys. They need to watch you!
Do what now

Medina, OH

#49 Jun 10, 2010
No conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not find a half-way house, but you sure do have a lot of pedophiles there for little girls and boys. They need to watch you!
There is actually a halfway house here in Medina that houses nothing but sex offenders. I only found this out when I asked the police why so many of the people on the registry share the same address. And it's very close to the fairgrounds. Scary.
oh boy

Chesterland, OH

#50 Jun 10, 2010
whocares wrote:
<quoted text>Boonies do.
WOW, I haven't heard them called that since my Dad Archie Bunker was alive. Another day in a paradise called Cleveland. Not surprised with anything that happens there anymore.
Staci Primm

Canton, OH

#51 Jun 10, 2010
That is one lucky girl. No one really knows what would have happened had they not told their father, but we can certainly guess that it was going to be very, very bad.

I do hope no charges are brought about the father. Carnal protection instincts would push me to beating someone if they did that to my daughter too.
Staci Primm

Canton, OH

#52 Jun 10, 2010
Halfway houses are in most every community. Rich or poor, suburbs or inner city. The community does not pre-warn it's residence, but you can certainly find out on line when are where they are located. They are finding that once one is activated, the theft rates increase practically over night. I am aware that there are some communities that are protesting and fighting back. Also, pay attention to the sexual preditor mailers, as many of them are housed at the same location and you can identify a half-way house at that point. Instruct your children to stay away from all strangers, and then emphasize particular areas where pedophiles are housed. I have found that when they are told that a pedophile lives in certain locations, they make their entire class aware of where the location is as well. They are very bright these days on stranger danger.

“Don't quibble Sybil!”

Since: May 09

Trailer Park, USA

#53 Jun 10, 2010
Do what now wrote:
<quoted text>
There is actually a halfway house here in Medina that houses nothing but sex offenders. I only found this out when I asked the police why so many of the people on the registry share the same address. And it's very close to the fairgrounds. Scary.
There was an article written about it in one of the papers.
Hannah Boyd

Charlotte, NC

#54 Jun 10, 2010
I thank Jesus Christ for Angel's cousins My prayer is that now that God has revealed this molester that he does not be released to harm anyone.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#55 Jun 12, 2010
Good for him!! Any dad would've done the same thing...That creep better be lucky he didnt kill his no good #@$!!

“fear thy goverment”

Location hidden

#56 Jun 12, 2010
Staci Primm wrote:
Halfway houses are in most every community. Rich or poor, suburbs or inner city. The community does not pre-warn it's residence, but you can certainly find out on line when are where they are located. They are finding that once one is activated, the theft rates increase practically over night. I am aware that there are some communities that are protesting and fighting back. Also, pay attention to the sexual preditor mailers, as many of them are housed at the same location and you can identify a half-way house at that point. Instruct your children to stay away from all strangers, and then emphasize particular areas where pedophiles are housed. I have found that when they are told that a pedophile lives in certain locations, they make their entire class aware of where the location is as well. They are very bright these days on stranger danger.
is this the stacie that went to Kenmore ???i married a stacie primm back in the late 70s is that you .Tom

“fear thy goverment”

Location hidden

#57 Jun 12, 2010
this guy should spend his life in jail.probably won't see jail Dad shoulda killed hisass

“fear thy goverment”

Location hidden

#58 Jun 12, 2010
StarryStarry wrote:
<quoted text>
There was an article written about it in one of the papers.
hi starry sup kid??

“fear thy goverment”

Location hidden

#59 Jun 12, 2010
why haven't we heard about hi past yet???

“fear thy goverment”

Location hidden

#60 Jun 12, 2010
hey norm luvs it out there farm animals are a good hobby for a guy like that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Benny Osteen 20,106
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Mon Nore 1,088
News Neighborhoods near downtown Akron still blighted Aug 30 Boss King 1
where can u find dog food in cleveland? (Aug '14) Aug 28 NameNotTony 105
Need Dog Food Today Aug 28 NameNotTony 20
$600 in Food Stamps/SNAP... don't need Aug 28 NameNotTony 1
Addie's... Vyvanse... Aug 28 NameNotTony 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages