Does Electric Toy Car Ad Promote Unsa...

Does Electric Toy Car Ad Promote Unsafe Habit to Kids?

There are 122 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jul 15, 2010, titled Does Electric Toy Car Ad Promote Unsafe Habit to Kids?. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A Little Tikes advertisement for a 'Cozy Coupe' has some parents concerned about the message being sent by the manufacturer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Kimmie0627

United States

#1 Jul 15, 2010
I think the habit should start with the parents not talking on the cell phone in the car.
Bill Reed

Cleveland, OH

#2 Jul 15, 2010
A new invention that will prevent the use of cell phones by all drivers, in all vehicles, for a very affordable price. NoDriverDistraction.com offers a solution to the epidemic that is running rampid, currently depending on education alone to save thousands of lives each year. The prototype exists and would be available for a follow-up story. Help be the first to get this life saving technology out to the public.
sarge

United States

#3 Jul 15, 2010
must be something to do with old brooklyn cost you $180.00 if you get caught
bob

Akron, OH

#4 Jul 15, 2010
These are the people that are pro-creating...total brain dead morons. This world is just lost. Yuppee morons. I have an idea...don't let your little kid drive the family car and get a life.

Since: Feb 10

Cleveland, OH

#5 Jul 15, 2010
Why didn't they put a little boy on the phone while driving? I've seen more men on the phone while driving than women. The whole thing is just wrong!
Greg

Akron, OH

#6 Jul 16, 2010
To the folks at Little Tikes, the only message the Princess Cozy coupe showed me is a little girl enjoying herself. I can't believe people think is a major issue. I grew up in the 50's and 60's, played cowboys and indians, tied up the bad guys, used toy guns to shoot at people. Also played war, crawled on our bellies to get closer to the enemy. Rode our bikes, played baseball etc etc. That's what was happening around the country at the time, westerns on tv, Korean war, Vietnam. We were kids having fun, plain and simple. No one got hurt. Why can't we let kids be kids anymore?? Adulthood is tougher than ever, let's not rush our kids into, it will get here soon enough.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
bob

Painesville, OH

#7 Jul 16, 2010
Jennifer-Garfield wrote:
Why didn't they put a little boy on the phone while driving? I've seen more men on the phone while driving than women. The whole thing is just wrong!
Because men can do two things at once and identify which is more important to concentrate on. dah
CAR SALES

Miamisburg, OH

#8 Jul 16, 2010
NOTE: AFTER LAST NIGHTS FOX 8 NEWS REPORT- THE PRINCESS COZY COUPE IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK. DID THEY PULL THE CAR FROM THE LOT OR WERE SALES UP YESTERDAY?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#9 Jul 16, 2010
With the Obama cash for clunkers program the cars sold out over night putting all those people to work is just one of the many miracles that the Obama administration has performed.

EVERYONE GET ON YOUR KNEES
AND WORSHIP OBAMA NOW !!!!!!

LOOK OUT .......BEHIND YOU IS A LIBERAL LAWYER EVERYONE RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN.
Will

Hudson, OH

#10 Jul 16, 2010
What about toy guns?
Elizabeth

United States

#11 Jul 16, 2010
OMG! You "helicopter" parents need to get over yourselves! Let your kids BE kids, and play like kids without smothering them or worrying that an advert will influence them for the worst. If you are that concerned about influence, use YOURS to teach your kids right from wrong without being "politically correct". We are teaching our kids right is right, and wrong is wrong. If you can't figure out what is right and wrong, go back to church, any faith, and LEARN! But GET OVER YOURSELVES!
Personal Responsibility

Ann Arbor, MI

#12 Jul 16, 2010
Toddlers and small children are driving and talking/texting??? Seriously, toddlers and children are already learning how to drive and talk/text from their parents! By the time they see the commerical, they already know.
Stan

Canada

#13 Jul 16, 2010
Forget all of that! Look at the town, so friendly and welcoming...I wanna live there!
evelyn

Silver Plume, CO

#14 Jul 16, 2010
good lord people...it's a toy. get a life.
Heather

Gardena, CA

#15 Jul 16, 2010
hummm....solution...take the phone out of the package and put a sticker on the box that clearly states that the phone is not included with the car. Simple & Tikes Co still makes money

“Stercus accidit!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#16 Jul 16, 2010
OMG...seriously?? How about be a freakin' parent and teach your children the correct ways to operate a motorized vehicle. And here's another thought...find other ways to entertain yourself rather than jumping on all of these ridiculous campaigns to "ban this" and "ban that". If you put as much time/effort into finding a cure for breast cancer as the time/effort you put into c r a p like this...well golly…we might actually get there one day.
Angela

Denver, CO

#17 Jul 16, 2010
I think they will most likely learn this from their parents than an advertisement.
SGT Adams

Germany

#18 Jul 16, 2010
Really, is this a problem? You people can't raise your kids? It's a TOY for the love of god. Might as well complain that Barbie teaches little girls that as long as you are pretty, people will like you and buy you things. Oh wait ... That did happen. Lord, sometimes I read stuff like this and wonder why it's harder to get a dog from the pound, than to have a kid.
Joe

North Ridgeville, OH

#19 Jul 16, 2010
D and D wrote:
With the Obama cash for clunkers program the cars sold out over night putting all those people to work is just one of the many miracles that the Obama administration has performed.
EVERYONE GET ON YOUR KNEES
AND WORSHIP OBAMA NOW !!!!!!
LOOK OUT .......BEHIND YOU IS A LIBERAL LAWYER EVERYONE RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN.
I guess the joint was kicking in here!
Nickg

Euless, TX

#20 Jul 16, 2010
THE CAR IS FOR 5-YEAR OLDS, YOU HYSTERICAL MORONS! Do you really think that this is going to control the childs actual driving practices? If so, you must be really incompetent parents!!! How pathetic!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Buffalojimmy 20,099
where can u find dog food in cleveland? (Aug '14) Fri NameNotTony 105
Need Dog Food Today Fri NameNotTony 20
$600 in Food Stamps/SNAP... don't need Fri NameNotTony 1
Addie's... Vyvanse... Fri NameNotTony 5
Why Are There Special Rules for Hillary Clinton? Aug 23 Culture Auditor 1
Review: Allen Studios (Aug '08) Aug 23 Ms Renee 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages