Catholic Charities and Immigrants

Catholic Charities and Immigrants

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

tyred

Erie, PA

#1 Feb 22, 2014
I was fairly stunned to see the Front Page story in the Plain Dealer about this year's Catholic Charity appeal.

A good chunk of the 11 Million that they want to raise is earmarked for their program to resettle Immigrants from Somalia, Syria, etc in Cleveland.

The article claims that they have 7 employees at work on this as well as 2 Immigration Attorneys....

They wish to increase the number of Immigrants settled in Cleveland over the 300 that they got into the US in 2013

WTF ?? Who wants this ? Why doesn't the Catholic Church look after deserving poor people that are US citizens (and already here).

My contribution to Catholic Charities is going to be < 5 cents.

“Here's the buzzzzz”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 2, 2014
tyred wrote:
I was fairly stunned to see the Front Page story in the Plain Dealer about this year's Catholic Charity appeal.
A good chunk of the 11 Million that they want to raise is earmarked for their program to resettle Immigrants from Somalia, Syria, etc in Cleveland.
The article claims that they have 7 employees at work on this as well as 2 Immigration Attorneys....
They wish to increase the number of Immigrants settled in Cleveland over the 300 that they got into the US in 2013
WTF ?? Who wants this ? Why doesn't the Catholic Church look after deserving poor people that are US citizens (and already here).
My contribution to Catholic Charities is going to be < 5 cents.
Just what we need...more Muslims ......the govt is also paying for all the immigrants brought here from Syria and whoever they can from war torn countries, all on our dime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) 11 hr Trip 1,120
Lottery Shame in OHIO Feb 6 Annie 1
no future for Kasich Feb 5 bad-bad-bad 2
News Dr. Steiner's path of ruin keeps growing. (Aug '07) Feb 5 Truth be Told 69
need pains Feb 4 feeling sick 13
Cleveland's proposed income tax hike Feb 2 come on man 1
News Cuyahoga-County 7 mins ago 9:08 a.m.2 arrested ... Feb 2 PRISION MATES 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages