TWINSBURG OFFICER JOSH MIKTARIAN MURDER TRIAL: Jury to Begin Delibe...

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

AKRON, Ohio - Closing arguments were presented Wednesday by both sides in the murder trial of Ashford Thompson, the man charged with killing Twinsburg Police Officer Joshua Miktarian.
Comments
1 - 20 of 449 Comments Last updated Jun 17, 2010
First Prev
of 23
Next Last
lmr

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

This ghetto rat needs to fry!!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

I say the jury is out no more than 2 hours.
Justice for Josh

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Please lets see Justice Served!! Bring some closure to this for his family. Josh was an outstanding friend, father, family man, officer, etc. We are all in his corner today and every day!!!
whu

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Vell wrote:
These officers now days don’t respect us (civilians) what so ever, so why should he (Ashford) had respected him? They walk around with there chest all out just because they wear a stupid badge and we don’t. If that is what happen the night of July 13 “ The officer telling him that he should rip his stereo out, putting hand cuffs on him just for loud music and slamming him to the patrol car” then I hate to say Ashford needed to protect himself and his girlfriend! These officers need to start treating people like humans and not like animals. Twinsburg cops are also know for treating African Americans in the worst way.
WE BLEED RED JUST LIKE YOU AND YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN US CIVILIANS
baiter.

youre so wrong you smell bad

shoot someone in the head because he acts "mean?" no wonder people hate you.
Twinsburg

Solon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

No one human being should be able to take anothers life without paying the price. They should fry his *** he does not deserve life he deserves death. Just like he took Josh's life we should take his.
Justice for Josh

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Vell wrote:
These officers now days don’t respect us (civilians) what so ever, so why should he (Ashford) had respected him? They walk around with there chest all out just because they wear a stupid badge and we don’t. If that is what happen the night of July 13 “ The officer telling him that he should rip his stereo out, putting hand cuffs on him just for loud music and slamming him to the patrol car” then I hate to say Ashford needed to protect himself and his girlfriend! These officers need to start treating people like humans and not like animals. Twinsburg cops are also know for treating African Americans in the worst way.
WE BLEED RED JUST LIKE YOU AND YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN US CIVILIANS
He needed to protect no one. He needed to act appropriately. Ashford is a monster...was then and is now. I'm sorry that you think the way you do...maybe you are just ignorant...maybe you have bad experiences....who knows....wake up. Police do their jobs. Twinsburg Police are good men. They don't walk around with their chest out. Respect the officers and they will respect you. Maybe you get treated poorly because you act poorly...ever think of that?
fly15

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Po, po Vell -- dem po-lice be beating on da black man again. Move back to the jungle and the
po-lice there might treat you better
Mitza4u

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! There's not much else to say about this Trash! You don't shoot someone four times in the head without the intent to kill! And you always respect the officers of the law, they are not always perfect but you do respect them.
OMG

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Justice for Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
He needed to protect no one. He needed to act appropriately. Ashford is a monster...was then and is now. I'm sorry that you think the way you do...maybe you are just ignorant...maybe you have bad experiences....who knows....wake up. Police do their jobs. Twinsburg Police are good men. They don't walk around with their chest out. Respect the officers and they will respect you. Maybe you get treated poorly because you act poorly...ever think of that?
I couldn't have said it better myself, thank you.
Twinsburg Resident

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

I live less than a mile from where Officer Miktarian was murdered. For years, my family has endured loud music coming from the vehicle of Ashford Thompson. Did the jury hear how many times he had been pulled over by police, how many times he was driving under the influence, and how many times HE was rude to police? Let's keep that in mind when you read the articles here. This was not a random stop. It was business as usual with Twinsburg Police and the Thompson man. His girlfriend is not credible, also with the same criminal background. Officer Miktarian did not have the opportunity to dispatch his canine because Thompson acted fast and with intent to kill. Yes, two families have been torn apart here, and so have the lives of the many residents of Twinsburg who have not had closure in two years because this criminal has been milking the judicial system!!

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Justice for Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
Twinsburg Resident

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Apparently you have not been to our quiet town of Twinsburg, when the only time my neighborhood was loud was when Thompson came home in the middle of the night after bar hopping... Twinsburg police are quite respectful and have been a source of guidance and a positive presence for most children in our school system. Shame on you for believing another criminal (Thompson's girlfriend) without hearing all the facts!
Disgusted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

How does that defense attorney sleep at night? Does he SERIOUSLY believe his closing remarks? If so, he is as guilty as the poor excuse for a human, Thompson.
Loving Mother of TWO

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Well said Prosecuters...I guess the defense was just doing their job. Let this be over so BOTH families can move on....also the community! My heart goes out to the community and both families that have been torn apart...especially the officer!

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Loving Mother of TWO wrote:
Well said Prosecuters...I guess the defense was just doing their job. Let this be over so BOTH families can move on....also the community! My heart goes out to the community and both families that have been torn apart...especially the officer!
Agreed.
Do what now

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Let justice be served on this garbage. There is ZERO excuse for what he did, and it makes me sick to see all these apologists come out of the woodwork trying to rationalize coldblooded murder.
Whatever

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Sorry folks, but Ashford Thompson is a typical ******. And the others, who are just like him, will defend him. Monkey see-monkey do!
Whatever

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

That was m o n k e y SEE, m o n k e y DO
JCU Dave

Solon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

With the closing arguments of the defense he makes good points but Ashford's life was not in danger with a taser therefore he was not in proper sight to use deadly force. I think Mr. CCW can back that one up easily. I think his previous track record of no violence should be taken into consideration. If a Cleveland Fire Fighter can shot 4 innocent kids in cold blood and get life, maybe it is time to spare at least one life here.
DieThompson

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

He deserves to die miserably and his miserable girlfriend who lied like a dog should go with him. he needs to know the fear of dying, but he also needs to feel the misery of prison life and live as the prison beyach for a while too. can't wait to see this bas*turd die. That officer and his family deserves justice finally. This murderer has never shown one ounce of being sorry. He smiles in the courtroomm as if he is proud. dude isnt sorry and is a piece of dog s*it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••