JM Smucker expansion

Oct 2, 2007 Full story: WKYC-TV Cleveland 26

JM Smucker is getting bigger. The Orrville, OH. based company has bought the Canadian Carnation brand canned milk products business from Nestle. via WKYC-TV Cleveland

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pro-Union Bob

Orrville, OH

#22 Sep 27, 2010
Well some time has passed. I have just one question for the workers that made this company what it is today.......... WAS I RIGHT OR WAS I RIGHT in what I wrote last July? Stay strong brothers..... your going to need each other!
Trucker Family

Sutersville, PA

#23 Oct 27, 2010
More on Smucker's attitude: No Shelter Offered to Truckers During Tornado Warning
A line of severe weather that’s driven by remarkably low pressure swept across the upper Midwest on Tuesday, Oct. 26, spawning tornadoes, heavy rain and straight-line wind gusts up to 70 mph. Downed power lines, fallen trees and structure damage were reported from the upper Great Lakes to western Tennessee.
The National Weather Service says the barometric pressure, at a record low 28.42 in Minnesota, was at a level normally associated with Category 3 hurricanes.
In Cincinnati, OH, OOIDA Member Duane Soderstrom was in his truck at a Smucker’s warehouse, along with about 15 other trucks, when the tornado warning sounded.
Soderstrom was preparing to seek shelter inside the warehouse when another trucker approached him.
“I was the second trucker in line for the scale,” Soderstrom recounted to Land Line Now.“The first trucker comes back and says we’re under tornado warning and we’re all on our own. I says,‘What do you mean?’ He said,‘The guards are going in the building and we’ve got to stay in our trucks.’ I said,‘What? There’s a tornado coming, or a sighting out here?’ And he says,‘Yeah.’
“So I walked up to the guard that was standing out there and he said,‘Get back in your truck and stay and we’ll come back and get you when it’s over.’
“Well, they walked to the building and here we all sat, out in our trucks. And the FM radio is telling everyone to go for shelter.”
Fortunately, no tornado touched down, but if it had, the truckers would have had little protection against the tornadic winds.
When asked for comment on the incident, the general manager at the warehouse, who would only identify himself as “Steve,” told Land Line Now:“I’m not in a position to comment at this time.” Then he hung up.
– By Reed Black, staff reporter
reed_black@landlinemag.com
whatever

Akron, OH

#24 Jan 24, 2012
I work in the Orrville facility. Have been here for some time. There is no general warehouse manager, and certainly no one named Steve that works in the warehouse.
same in PA

Lexington, KY

#25 Mar 20, 2012
Smuckers is no different in the tiny Pennsylvania plant! They lead by fear and intimidation... what's worse is the older employees are too cowed to stand up to anyone or even stick together. Recently there was an add in the local paper advertising for a job fair. They actually had the nerve to put in that add the it was an "emotionally heathly work environment" HAHA That's why in recent years more and more people have turned to anti-depressants and morale has hit rock bottom. Absenteeism is at an all time high and production is falling! We need a union in New Bethlehem but no one trusts anyone else to go through with it; because, you know if managment finds out who started it that person will be fired. Recent policy changes and oversights in procedure alone make it a miserable place to work, not to mention management has inter- or intra- personal skills to speak of! Say someone was willing to put his or her neck out to start a union in New Bethlehem, no one seems to know who to contact to get the ball rolling?
smucker

Brownstown, IN

#26 Mar 23, 2012
this
jim

Covington, LA

#27 Jun 30, 2014
Folgers was already in Canada before J M Smucker purchased. Folgers is union plant . UAW

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr WARRIOR 19,208
Stark sheriff's deputies file lawsuit over Hope... (Feb '09) 8 hr weams 124
Woman found dead on Cleveland back porch grante... 22 hr Retread 1
Was Dumb fired from Rovers Morning Glory Mon Shaun Street rules 34
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Mon Las Vegas girl 1,012
Bay High students dumped urine and feces on a s... Sep 14 Steve Raleigh WCPO 4
where can u buy heroin in cleveland? Sep 13 DopeSlangg 1
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••