Jesse Jackson: Cavs' Gilbert Sees LeB...

Jesse Jackson: Cavs' Gilbert Sees LeBron as 'Runaway Slave'

There are 485 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jul 11, 2010, titled Jesse Jackson: Cavs' Gilbert Sees LeBron as 'Runaway Slave'. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

The Rev. Jesse Jackson says Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that his comments after the forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
tom

Sharon, PA

#1 Jul 11, 2010
for someone who's supposed to represent the cause for equality, jesse jackson sure does have a way of making EVERYTHING a racial issue.
how about we break it down to what it is: money and ego!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dude

Tallmadge, OH

#2 Jul 11, 2010
I wasn't aware of any slave owners who paid their slaves millions of dollars and bent over backwards to hire the slaves' favorite people to work with and even try to hire the overseers of the slaves' preference, casting aside the ones that the 'slave' doesn't like. Just when you think Jesse can't get any more stupid....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
vaughan J

Lakewood, OH

#3 Jul 11, 2010
james left because he felt he couldnt get a championship in cleveland, everyone including lebron that not everyone gets a championship reggie miller never got one and if it is to happen like that with lebron theres nothing he can do about it.
Jessica

Dublin, GA

#4 Jul 11, 2010
Oh my goodness! Here we go, making this all about race! This had nothing to do with race at all! What Lebron did was cowardly and disrespectful. Its called common courtesy and morality! All we wanted was a call saying he was not playing here anymore before he announced it on national television in front of millions. Jesse must be looking for some tv time! First his ignorant racial comments about Obama, now him talking about Giberts letter...Clearly, I will not judge but his discretions speak for themselves....Excuse me Mr.Jackson, GET A CLUE! If one of your teammates or so called "family members" was about to get on national tv and completely humiliate you I am sure you would like to know beforehand. This man truly needs to find something to do other than stir controversy where none actually is!
Kunta Kinray

Burlingame, CA

#5 Jul 11, 2010
This coming from a man who couldn't keep his hands off the panties of one of his campaign workers?! Jesse,SHUT UP!
vaughan J

Lakewood, OH

#6 Jul 11, 2010
things will never change for the cavs we are destined for weakness. and y is everything that come out of jesse mouth got to be about race it gets old after time jesse
Jim

Medina, OH

#7 Jul 11, 2010
Jesssie Jackson is an idiot, he financially thrives off of racism which is why he wants it to continue.
joihn

United States

#8 Jul 11, 2010
wtf the slave was running the team

Elyria, OH

#9 Jul 11, 2010
Jesse Jackson FU backwards cotton picker...they paid his a$$ to do a job HE COULD NOT DO!
Jim

Medina, OH

#10 Jul 11, 2010
What about all the little kids Lebron has disappointed for his own selfishness, what an ass! When I was young they had superstar athletes, now they have over paid money hunger bastards.
Rev Henry Lyons

Brooksville, FL

#11 Jul 11, 2010
I sent money to Rev. Jesse Jackson to buy clean socks and underwear only to find out that he spent it up on malt liquor, cheap gin, cans of sardines, and cheap toothless women at those no-tell motels.
I've truly learned my lesson with him.
david swoveland

Warren, OH

#12 Jul 11, 2010
Rev Jackson
you are not a sports critic so please stop putting raceist thoughts into peoples heads and start worrieing about your church and leave the sports to the people who handle this on a daily basis. So what if Labron want to go to Fla. so be it its really none of your buisness, do you donate large sums of money to the Cavs? i dont think so. Soyou dont have any say in how the coach handles the team, and you have no buisness slamming the way the coach handles thier buisness. so kindly keep your mouth shut and let the people who support the caves vent thier frustrations and disapointments. thank you for your time and considertation
luci

Amherst, OH

#13 Jul 11, 2010
You've got to be kidding me on this crap. Slave give me a break. He just doesn't get it its about loyalty..... Remember that and respect............of course you just need to make a name again....
A fan

Cleveland, OH

#14 Jul 11, 2010
Jesse has gone over the edge
mable

Toledo, OH

#15 Jul 11, 2010
Blucking niget rev jacko needs shot I thouhgt we were past that (lets not forget the past but hell how can we be held for what our for fathers did
Jesse Who

Cleveland, OH

#16 Jul 11, 2010
Who cares what Jesse Jackson says? He's a freak, to put it mildly. Who really cares about LeBron, he don't do nothing but dribble and shoot a ball...wow, I'm impressed. Sports players are overpaid wanna be somethings. Waste of time to watch em. But to the losers that do, do something else, something constructive. Maybe you'll lose a few pounds too!!
Tim

Akron, OH

#17 Jul 11, 2010
What an idiot, Slaves ran North not south.
jean

Cleveland, OH

#18 Jul 11, 2010
Lebron James call Cleveland Fans ignorant and admits to quitting in the final game of the 2010 NBA Playoffs ->
http://www.lebronexposed.info
Just Witness!
Kizzie Lou

Burlingame, CA

#19 Jul 11, 2010
All of you people whining about NBA basketball players getting paid way too much have your fellow Americans to blame because team owners are merely paying them what the market demands. And that's determined by fan interest. Here's an example of the current state of fan interest in NBA games: As soon as Heat fans found out that LeBron coming to South Beach was a done deal,it was being reported that the Heat website crashed "twice" because of people furiously trying to scoop up Heat season tickets. America WORSHIPS sports and ahtletes to the point that team owners have to pay them those huge sums of money. If sports fans ever lose their intense interest in pro sporting events,team owners will have to reduce the price of tickets,accordingly,and,thus,p layer salaries would diminish according to owners' profits. So,in the mean time,QUIT WHINING!!!
ray young

Burlingame, CA

#20 Jul 11, 2010
mable wrote:
Blucking niget rev jacko needs shot I thouhgt we were past that (lets not forget the past but hell how can we be held for what our for fathers did
Get a G.E.D. so you can stop coming to the internet making yourself look like an uneducated ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fighter jets 1 hr Clinic visitor 1
News Jeb Bush's new stance on Trump: Bring it on 3 hr GoHomeJethro 14
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu I hate taggers 20,108
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Aug 31 Nore 1,088
News Neighborhoods near downtown Akron still blighted Aug 30 Boss King 1
where can u find dog food in cleveland? (Aug '14) Aug 28 NameNotTony 105
Need Dog Food Today Aug 28 NameNotTony 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages