Jehovah's Witnesses going door to door with personal invitations to convention

Jul 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ohio.com

Jehovah's Witnesses will put forth a special effort in the coming weeks to knock on doors throughout Northeast Ohio and extend a personal invitation to its district convention.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of172
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I LOVE GREENFIELD OHIO”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jul 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

why is 25th december birth of Jesus always same day
yet death Easter on different day every year ?
i prefer brothers Grimm stories as they are more realistic
especially rapunzel she have long hair but not change wine into water or walk on water.
Honesty

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jul 18, 2013
 
Hassan al Madji wrote:
Its a fairy tale
Proof?
jhnsn d-s

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jul 19, 2013
 
jhnsn d-s wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever read a scripture that relates to an invitation to become apart of Gods immediate family or can you think of one?

Equating something so special with a mere invitation to an assemble is nothing more than Twisting the scriptures and layering it with wicked reasoning.

Did Gods son go around inviting onlookers to hear him speak? No. He taught in their synagogues and in open public and the crowds followed him he didn't have to go out and hustle them. Rather he was the one peoples clamored for even inviting him in to their homes.
So the Watchtower disciples come up short on the above queston in the 1st paragraph where they are at a loss to come up with a scripture that relates to a personnel invitation from God to become apart of his immediate family and the reason for this is one of their leaders of 1935 judge Rutherford drop the christian message and made up a class of earthly people so the JW's are ignorant of this sacred secret message and of the scriptures that speak directly to a personel invitation from God to be come apart of his Family.

I would encourage any who are of God's family or in a condition of being called to refrain from sharing your personel experience becaue what happens is others not of this kind will assume it to themselves and chant the same thing whether as a result of just deception or mental health issues or other. So its somthing you should probably be very selective with in sharing with others and not in the way corporate religion does for example the watchtower.

Jehovas Witness

Sylmar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I'm a Jehova's witness that is baptized. We don't turn in how many hours we went to meetings we turn in how many hours we went preaching door to door. We are not obligated to do anything, if you want to go to our meetings you may and if you want to go out to service you can. We know that there are many lies out there in the world, but if you have never gone to our meetings then you don't truly know how we are. We are kind loving people. We always have different topics that are based on the bible every week. Off coarse there are some who aren't true Christians and those are the ones who committed crimes over and over and do not notice their mistakes.
We also do not make people pay for any of our publication our entire organization lives off of donations. We have ATM machines because some people want to donate money but only have some on their card.
Our organization is almost at 8 million and growing. We preach because we believe in Jehova'. And we go to meetings because we want to learn more. We have many publications based on the bible that are very interesting to read. We don't force anyone to do things they don't like.
FutureMan

Ipswich, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Aug 2, 2013
 
Jehovas Witness wrote:
I'm a Jehova's witness that is baptized. We don't turn in how many hours we went to meetings we turn in how many hours we went preaching door to door. We are not obligated to do anything, if you want to go to our meetings you may and if you want to go out to service you can. We know that there are many lies out there in the world, but if you have never gone to our meetings then you don't truly know how we are. We are kind loving people. We always have different topics that are based on the bible every week. Off coarse there are some who aren't true Christians and those are the ones who committed crimes over and over and do not notice their mistakes.
We also do not make people pay for any of our publication our entire organization lives off of donations. We have ATM machines because some people want to donate money but only have some on their card.
Our organization is almost at 8 million and growing. We preach because we believe in Jehova'. And we go to meetings because we want to learn more. We have many publications based on the bible that are very interesting to read. We don't force anyone to do things they don't like.
This is a blanket statement that you have made which I do not believe is realistic within the organizational setting.

The fact is that if you are to be a respected member within the congregation you have to be present at all the meetings if circumstances allow, and also you are expected to be regular in the field service going door to door, and I know the facts because I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses for over 43 years, and over 30 years as a baptized Witness.

This is not just a case of if you like to do it, it is more or less a requirement to be an accepted member of the congregation.

And if you are a brother within the congregation, then if you want to receive privileges such as opening and closing prayer during the meetings, literature servant, attendant, or the handling of the sound system or carry the microphones during the meetings or any other privileged then you do have to be regular at the meetings and field service as well as one who is known to prepare for the meetings before hand, such as marking the Watchtower for the Watchtower study and so on.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Aug 3, 2013
 
Don't you know that people must have tried to get into the Ark when it started to thunder and rain, remember the people had never heard thunder or seen rain before that time.

Jehovah God told Noah to build the Ark, he preached for over 50 years and built that Ark for man's survival, people laughed at him and thought he was crazy.

Jehovah God is directing his people to preach and to warn of the end of this world, and out of the billions of people on this earth, only 8 million are taking the necessary steps to obey Almighty God Jehovah's reigning King in heaven today, his only begotten son, Jesus.

There is only one place of safety today, it is in the spiritual Ark of safety with Jehovah God. Jesus is educating or feeding his little sheep, to safety through the end of this world, ruled by Satan.

John 4:24
Revelation 22:17

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Aug 3, 2013
 
True Christian witness wrote:
Don't you know that people must have tried to get into the Ark when it started to thunder and rain, remember the people had never heard thunder or seen rain before that time.
Jehovah God told Noah to build the Ark, he preached for over 50 years and built that Ark for man's survival, people laughed at him and thought he was crazy.
Jehovah God is directing his people to preach and to warn of the end of this world, and out of the billions of people on this earth, only 8 million are taking the necessary steps to obey Almighty God Jehovah's reigning King in heaven today, his only begotten son, Jesus.
There is only one place of safety today, it is in the spiritual Ark of safety with Jehovah God. Jesus is educating or feeding his little sheep, to safety through the end of this world, ruled by Satan.
John 4:24
Revelation 22:17
If you really believe that JW 's are the only ones spreading the word of God, why are there so many other missionaries of other religions in other countries helping people to find the Lord?

The only place of true safety is with Jesus Christ, he is the saving Ark, not a religion. Show me where the bible says that any religion or organization is your saving Ark. When the jailor ask Paul and Silas how to be saved, did they say, climb on the Ark of Jehovahs witnesses? NO, they told him to BELIEVE IN JESUS. Jesus is your saving ark and if you don't realize that soon, it will be to late for you to enter the door.
Anonymous

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is by invitation to become believers of JESUS CHRIST It is not by inviting them to a assembly where they will be invited to join a religion. You put so much importance on a religion, if you put that much on JESUS, you would have no worries at all.
That is not what it is about at all. It is about sharing Bible truths. And helping people to learn what the truth is. So what is the truth?
Anonymous

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Aug 3, 2013
 
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really believe that JW 's are the only ones spreading the word of God, why are there so many other missionaries of other religions in other countries helping people to find the Lord?
The only place of true safety is with Jesus Christ, he is the saving Ark, not a religion. Show me where the bible says that any religion or organization is your saving Ark. When the jailor ask Paul and Silas how to be saved, did they say, climb on the Ark of Jehovahs witnesses? NO, they told him to BELIEVE IN JESUS. Jesus is your saving ark and if you don't realize that soon, it will be to late for you to enter the door.
Not my own writings.
Instead of seeking such subjective speculations true value is found in looking at objective evidence. That is, we should get God's viewpoint by looking within His Word the Bible for the criteria which identifies true Christians. The Bible always indicates that there would be One True religion opposed to many false ones (Mat. 7:15-19 ;2 Cor. 6:14-17; 1 Cor. 10:21).First, the Bible does not agree with the idea that there are many acceptable religions, all "different roads leading to the same place." Rather it teaches that there is"one Lord and one faith" and "one body" of believers (Eph 4:3-6; 2:16; Rm. 12:5; Jude 3-4). "One body" in scriptures indicate a unity in purpose and togetherness. In Hebrew and Greek the term "congregation" (QAHAL, ECCLESIA) always denotes an organized body or group. Christ showed that we would be able to identify True Christians and they would be separated from the weeds or false Christians at "the conclusion of the system of things...and the righteous ones would then shine as brightly as the sun" (Mat.13:24-30, 36-43; Dan.12:1,3,10; Mal.3:18).Now, what are the Scriptural evidence we can use in identifying the one true religion? These are not complicated.Scriptures say true worshipers could be identified in at least three main ways: Love, Truth (Jn.4:23; 17:17), and Fruitage (Mt.7:16ff). Conversely, by these we can also identify the false.The True religion would be primarily known for it's love toward all (Jn.13:34,35; 1Jn.3:10-12; 4:7, 8). This would include their enemies (Mat.5:44-48; Rom.12:17-20; 1Pet.2:21-23; 3:8- 9). It would not participate in or condone carnal war (2Cor.10:3,4; Isa.2:4).Apply this basic evidence to what happened in both world wars and current conflicts. People of the same religions met on battlefields and slaughtered one another because of nationalistic differences. Each side claimed to be Christian, and each side was supported by its clergy, who claimed that God was on their side. The definition of a "Christian" is "one who does what Christ would do": WWJD (1 Pet.2:21). That slaughter of "Christian" by "Christian" is rotten fruitage. It is a denial of any claim to being the true Church (cf. Mat.26:52). No Christian would continue to associate with these religions (Rev.18:4).
Anonymous

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Aug 3, 2013
 
Another evidence is that the true religion would be made up of people who would all be in agreement on doctrine. It would not have members who believe differently on abortion, war, homosexuality or morals. Its members would not "agree to disagree" (1Cor.1:10; 2Cor.13:11; Phil.1:27). True Christians would be separated from the world by "truth" from God's Word the Bible (Jn.17:17; 4:23). All its teachings would be based on the Bible (2 Tim. 3:14-16; Gal. 1:8, 9).The true religion would have a reputation for promoting exceptional morality in its members (1Cor.6:9,10; Eph.5:3-5; 2 Pet.3:14; 2Cor.7:1; 2Tim.3:5). Does a religion *require* their congregation members to live moral lives, not allowing practicers of homosexuality, fornication, or adultery to be accepted members of their congregation? Or do they turn a blind eye? If so, their "fruitage" would show they are not true Christians.Doctrinal and moral standards would be assured from within by removing the unrepentant from association (1Cor.5:11-13, 2Thes. 3:6, Tit.3:10-11, Mat.18:17).True Christians would be associated with God's name:(Jn.17:3,6,26; Acts 15:14/Isa.55:5; 1 Peter 2:9/Ex.19:4- 5; Ps.83:18). They would not use Bibles which have removed the Most Holy Divine Name of God. Replacing the Divine Name with the common noun "Lord" cannot be justified by any translational principles so it is a blatant "subtraction" from God's word which brings a curse on anyone who approves it (Rev.22:18).The true Church would be engaged in an unprecedented teaching activity (Matthew 24:14, 28:19, 20). Witnesses right now are performing the greatest Bible education work ever done in all human history!There are more scripture evidences, however these are plenty to show which religion meets the requirements of being the True religion.Apostate Christianity has neither the spiritual strength nor the support of God's holy spirit to motivate people to follow the truthful teachings of Jesus Christ. For this reason, the result in Christendom is not true Christianity but counterfeit believers, "weeds" unfit for the Kingdom.-Mat13:24ff.I have examined almost every religion and I have not seen another one whose members as a whole "practice what they preach," or even unitedly agree on what they should preach. I believe that only Jehovah's Witnesses can meet these requirements.
Sincerely,BAR-ANERGES

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Aug 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what it is about at all. It is about sharing Bible truths. And helping people to learn what the truth is. So what is the truth?
The truth is, Jesus was born of a virgin, Jesus spread the word of Gods kingdom, Jesus was crucified for our sins, and Jesus was resurrected. Jesus has told us that if we believe this, we will gain eternal life. It is not about a religion, or organization, or group of men, they have NOTHING to do with it at all.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Aug 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I have read all the stuff you posted in your comment and its the same things I was taught to say as a JW for over 40 years. Most of it is just nonsense as in the fact that all religions do the same things. You are taught to believe that no other religions do these things, but that is a lie.
I researched JWs for almost 15 years and found out the truth behind their façade. There is so many lies in their history, so many failed prophecies, so much immorality, so many things that just don't add up. The child abuse that is finally coming out in the light will show everyone just how badly they hid their own morality while accusing other religions of having this problem but never admitting it was horribly alive in their own religion.
Do the research yourself, find out the truth about this religion that you find so pure. You will find that it is not pure at all. There is not one perfect religion in this world, and thank goodness we are not saved by a religion or organization because if we were, we would be sunk. But it is only in the belief of Jesus Christ, that we will be saved, he is pure, he is our Savior. I pray that you will come to him before it is to late.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Aug 4, 2013
 
You would not believe Jesus if he came to your door and told you to walk in the way to salvation with everlasting life, on the one road with God's people Jehovah's witnesses. Matthew 7:14

You do not believe you have to be in a united family of pure worshippers, you are already saved and you don't need anyone to direct your steps or feed you any spiritual food. Matthew 24:45

You have no share in any reward from Almighty God Jehovah without being a subject of God's heavenly Kingdom and the King Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 9:6,7
Anonymous

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Aug 4, 2013
 
The Real Karen wrote:
I have read all the stuff you posted in your comment and its the same things I was taught to say as a JW for over 40 years. Most of it is just nonsense as in the fact that all religions do the same things. You are taught to believe that no other religions do these things, but that is a lie.
I researched JWs for almost 15 years and found out the truth behind their façade. There is so many lies in their history, so many failed prophecies, so much immorality, so many things that just don't add up. The child abuse that is finally coming out in the light will show everyone just how badly they hid their own morality while accusing other religions of having this problem but never admitting it was horribly alive in their own religion.
Do the research yourself, find out the truth about this religion that you find so pure. You will find that it is not pure at all. There is not one perfect religion in this world, and thank goodness we are not saved by a religion or organization because if we were, we would be sunk. But it is only in the belief of Jesus Christ, that we will be saved, he is pure, he is our Savior. I pray that you will come to him before it is to late.
LOL! yeah that's what they all say lady! Save it for the Judge Jehovah God.
Anonymous

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Aug 4, 2013
 
True Christian witness wrote:
You would not believe Jesus if he came to your door and told you to walk in the way to salvation with everlasting life, on the one road with God's people Jehovah's witnesses. Matthew 7:14
You do not believe you have to be in a united family of pure worshippers, you are already saved and you don't need anyone to direct your steps or feed you any spiritual food. Matthew 24:45
You have no share in any reward from Almighty God Jehovah without being a subject of God's heavenly Kingdom and the King Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 9:6,7
Hi Brother or Sister. I would not sit here and fight with the Apostates. Huge waste of time! There is no use. I just right things like those long paragraphs to help others.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Unless my post is a direct reply, I am generalizing to anyone who is reading this thread and believes they are saved by Christendom or their own faith.

I do not argue or debate with anyone I know is an apostate or disfellowshipped. My purpose is to preach the truth and if that condemns another person, so be it.

Your long paragraphs are the waste of time, people only have a short attention span in these last days, and it's God's word that helps others, not you.

Psalms 121:2

Since: Jun 13

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
The following figures can be verified by downloading the 2013 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses and turning to page # 179.
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/
Showing 1 - 12 of 55
#10:
2013 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses
PAGE 178:
Peak publishers worldwide
7,782,346
Population of Switzerland
7,664,000
Branches of Jehovah’s Witnesses: 96
Number of Lands Reporting: 239
Total Congregations: 111,719
Worldwide Memorial Attendance: 19,013,343
Memorial Partakers Worldwide: 12,604
Peak of Publishers in Kingdom Service: 7,782,346
Average Publishers Preaching Each Month: 7,538,994
Percentage of Increase Over 2011: 1.9
Total Number Baptized: 268,777
Average Auxiliary Pioneer Publishers Each Month: 416,993
Average Pioneer Publishers Each Month: 950,022
Total Hours Spent in Field: 1,748,697,447
Average Home Bible Studies Each Month: 8,759,988
PAGE # 179:
Total hours spent
in the field ministry:
1,748,697,447 Hours
199,486 Years
1,748,697,447 HOURS divided by 268,777 Total
Number Baptized = 6,506.13 HOURS
6,506.13 HOURS TO MAKE ONE CONVERT
.74 YEARS TO MAKE ONE CONVERT (almost 3/4 of a year)
If they were honest they would also report how many had been disfellowshipped and or left the cult.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Aug 5, 2013
 
True Christian witness wrote:
You would not believe Jesus if he came to your door and told you to walk in the way to salvation with everlasting life, on the one road with God's people Jehovah's witnesses. Matthew 7:14
You do not believe you have to be in a united family of pure worshippers, you are already saved and you don't need anyone to direct your steps or feed you any spiritual food. Matthew 24:45
You have no share in any reward from Almighty God Jehovah without being a subject of God's heavenly Kingdom and the King Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 9:6,7
Jesus did come to my door, and I let him in. I am with his people, those who truly believe in HIM for Salvation.

I am united with a family of pure worshippers, those who belive that it is JESUS alone who is their Savior, those who know that Jesus NEVER said that he needed any man to help him save us.

I am saved, and the bible tells me that. It says, those who confess Jesus as their savior, will be saved. Those that believe in HIM as their Savior will be saved. Those that believe in HIM will BE SAVED. NO where does it says, those who believe in MEN, a religion, or any organization will be saved. Even you who thinks he/she knows so much has NEVER been able to show me proof of your teachings that it requires a religion, or any organization, or supporting men who have raised themselves to the position of Christ as your Savior.

The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their leader Christ.
Watchtower September 15, 2010, page 23, paragraph 8.

Why did Jesus go through everything he did if all it took was a religion or organization or men to save us? Why on earth would Jehovah allow his son to go through all Jesus did, when all he needed to do was show us in the bible that MEN could save us? That would make him a very horrible father to his son, don't you think?

I am sorry to tell you this, but you are not my judge, Jesus Christ is my judge and according to his word the bible, since I do truly believe in him, since I have repented my sins, since I have given my life to him and tell all I meet about how he has changed and saved me, I AM SAVED! I pray that one day you to will do what it takes to be saved.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Aug 5, 2013
 
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! yeah that's what they all say lady! Save it for the Judge Jehovah God.
Sorry but we will be judged by Jesus.

"In the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel" (Romans 2:15).

"For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him" (John 5:22-23).

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Aug 5, 2013
 
True Christian witness wrote:
Unless my post is a direct reply, I am generalizing to anyone who is reading this thread and believes they are saved by Christendom or their own faith.
I do not argue or debate with anyone I know is an apostate or disfellowshipped. My purpose is to preach the truth and if that condemns another person, so be it.
Your long paragraphs are the waste of time, people only have a short attention span in these last days, and it's God's word that helps others, not you.
Psalms 121:2
You are here on a forum with apostates, DFed, DAed, ones, Do you really think that because you say you don't directly reply to someone is good enough explanation to the Elders why you are here? Have you ever told your Elders that you come here? Would you go to a bar and sit quietly at a table and read your bible and think that was okay? What would people say about you that seen you go into that bar? Oh he/she is just in there reading their bible? LOL of course not, they would associate you with all those who are in that bar drinking and fighting and looking for your next bed partner. You are here, this is not an approved JW site, it is TOPIX. Ask your brothers if its okay for you to be here and come back and let us know what they say.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of172
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cleveland Discussions

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Chuck 17,703
Open container law reform could affect Short No... 6 hr They cannot kill a Spook 2
Zack Reed and Cheif Wahoo 13 hr BizzyBee 5
Looking for father 14 hr Wet Sox 6
Where can you buy heroin in Cleveland? (Sep '12) 14 hr Lemcheck 77
Review: Amish Built Garages For Less 15 hr It is a disaster 1
Any good custody attorneys in Cuyahoga County? Tue Not from here 1
•••
•••
•••
Cleveland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••