Former Coach Charged with Rape of Teen Boy

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

A former Lakewood middle school football coach and volunteer faces charges of rape, sexual battery, gross sexual imposition, and kidnapping.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lakewood1234

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Steve and Pat Greene wrote:
How so many of us rush to judgment without having all the facts and before this man is even found guilty of anything. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? My wife and I have known Marty for twenty plus years. He is our friend, we have worked with him and I have coached right along side of him. Never have we at any time observed any inappropriate behavior on his part towards children. Marty worked with hundreds of children. A lot of them poor and from broken families and never was there one accusation by a child or their parents at anytime and if there are those (parents) out there who had positive knowledge of any wrong doing on his part regarding their children or anyone's children for that matter why did they not come forward before now? Marty was never a rich man but we have known him to take what little money he had and pay fees for children so they could participate in the Lakewood youth programs, buy equipment such as baseball gloves for them without ever expecting anything in return. If this child is a victim then our hearts and prayers go out to him and his family but until proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt we stand behind our friend Marty Hout because we have never known for him to have nothing but love and concern for the children of Lakewood.
You know why a kid would not come forward........because their scared, embarrassed, ashamed, humiliated, mortified! Why kind of question is that..........ridiculous!!!!!! !!!!
Lakewood1234

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Steve and Pat Greene wrote:
How so many of us rush to judgment without having all the facts and before this man is even found guilty of anything. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? My wife and I have known Marty for twenty plus years. He is our friend, we have worked with him and I have coached right along side of him. Never have we at any time observed any inappropriate behavior on his part towards children. Marty worked with hundreds of children. A lot of them poor and from broken families and never was there one accusation by a child or their parents at anytime and if there are those (parents) out there who had positive knowledge of any wrong doing on his part regarding their children or anyone's children for that matter why did they not come forward before now? Marty was never a rich man but we have known him to take what little money he had and pay fees for children so they could participate in the Lakewood youth programs, buy equipment such as baseball gloves for them without ever expecting anything in return. If this child is a victim then our hearts and prayers go out to him and his family but until proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt we stand behind our friend Marty Hout because we have never known for him to have nothing but love and concern for the children of Lakewood.
Let you be raped........I bet you wouldn't have enough courage to come forward. Don't ask ridiculous question, very ignorant!!!!
Justice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Lakewood1234 wrote:
<quoted text>Let you be raped........I bet you wouldn't have enough courage to come forward. Don't ask ridiculous question, very ignorant!!!!
He's been helping kids for 20 years. THat means there are 30 and 35 year olds out there who would no longer be afraid to come forward, and would certainly use this opportunity to do it now. No other kids has come forward, that speaks volumes.

“A work in progress”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Just because he wasn't caught doing it YET doesn't mean he DIDN'T do it. Look how long some serial killers are out there killing before they get caught. Heck Anthony Sowell's nieghbors that he was ayight too...until one day....

You never really know, let the evidence be shown and the courts decide!
Ltz

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Mr. Hout was my little brother's coach and then he and my older brother worked for him and he was really wonderful. I also worked with him a few times and he was nothing but nice, and generous too. In no way do I believe he is capable of this, he wouldn't hurt a fly. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family at this terrible time.
Ltz

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Former Lakewood res wrote:
I really don't know if any of the above is true, but...
He also coached middle school baseball and I remember rumors years ago as well. I am talking about a time frame of over 15 years. These rumors keep appearing. Maybe there is actually fire wehre there is smoke? This is a guy without kids who coached 12-14 year olds. How did anybody not think this was a little weird back then?
Pedfiles are the scum of the earth. This guy is not a pedifile.He was my bro's coach in middle school and two of my brother's and I worked with him. Never ever heard rumors. Nicest guy you could meet. And since when is it weird to work with kids just because you don't have any??
Lakewood1234

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
He's been helping kids for 20 years. THat means there are 30 and 35 year olds out there who would no longer be afraid to come forward, and would certainly use this opportunity to do it now. No other kids has come forward, that speaks volumes.
No that does not speak volumes, some victims would never tell of their crime against them, especially when it's a same sex rape. Come on your raped by a man, you don't want people to know that no matter how much pain your in. I hope that if there were more victims that they would come forward against this weirdo......BECAUSE IT WAS NOT THEIR FAULT. This is the typical pedophile befriends kids, gets them to come to his house then commits his crime. And that is bull.... just because he has been working with kids all those years what does that mean, really? Lock this sicko up and throw away the key.
Justice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

It does speak volumes. Character testimony is admissible and there are plenty of people to testify for his character.
Lakewood1234

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

Justice wrote:
It does speak volumes. Character testimony is admissible and there are plenty of people to testify for his character.
DOES IT MEAN HE IS INNOCENT......I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!jUST LIKE SAID BEFORE OVER AND OVER MANY RAPIST AND KILLER HAD LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO SAID THEY WERE GOOD PEOPLE AND NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THEY COULD OF DONE ANYTHING LIKE THAT. PEOPLE CAN SAY WHAT EVER THEY WANT DOESN'T MEAN THE WEIRDO DIDN'T DO. THAT IS PART OF THEIR PLAN......LOOK LIKE THE GOOD GUY SO NOBODY WOULD THINK OTHERWISE, SO THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH THE CRIME, AND PEOPLE WOULDN'T BELIVE IT. JUST LIKE YOU, OPEN YOUR EYES! THIS F****** SH** CRACKS ME UP HOW PEOPLE WANT TO DEFEND THE MONSTER. WAIT TILL HE GETS PUT IN PRISON, THE B***H IS GOING TO GET HIS!
Lakewood1117

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

Ltz wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedfiles are the scum of the earth. This guy is not a pedifile.He was my bro's coach in middle school and two of my brother's and I worked with him. Never ever heard rumors. Nicest guy you could meet. And since when is it weird to work with kids just because you don't have any??
This pedophile wanted to do nothing but surround himself by kids.........something definately wrong!!!!!
COME ON

Independence, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

DO YOU REALLY THINK A 14 YEAR OLD BOY WOULD MAKE UP A LIE TO RUIN HIS TEENAGE LIFE LIKE THIS!? GET REAL PEOPLE, seeing how lakewood high has had 2 other teachers who have done things like this in my past 4 years of being at this school i dont doubt it. You should see how the male gaurs look at the female students. iv heard of how he would buy kids pizza and all of this kind of "TO NICE" things he does. How dare you defend a RAPIST.
Lakewood student

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

You people are stupid! I don't know any person who would lie about being raped. This boy now has to come back to a HIGHSCHOOL! There are already students talking about the case to the teachers. Every conversation has to do with this pathetic excuse of a human being. There are VERY nice people that end up being killers and rapists. The fact that you adults would beleive this 41 year old man who has a record of working with MANY children over a 14 boy who's life is now ruin is ridiculous! I am ashamed to live in such an empty-minded city!
Lakewood student

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

Justice wrote:
There are also many people who will defend the boy.
The Truth

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

Sounds to me like this boy is a coward. He claims this happened to him last year??? What took him so
long to come forward? I don't buy that he was ashamed, embarrassed, or what not. If you were raped would you wait to report it? didn't think so, neiter would I. It looks really
bad for the boy not to come out with it right away. This kind of stuff happens all the time when some trashy parent of/or some know-it-all kid gets there feelings hurt or holds a grudge...next thing they do is cry rape and an innocent mans reputation
is destroyed. Either way the truth will come out but I very much doubt this case makes it to court. The charges will be dropped...bottom line: kid has no case.
Lakewood student

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

There are people that don't tell anybody they have been raped. Not everyone has to face their problems at the same time. So shut up.
Just Me

Warren, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

Everyone is so quick to drop the gavel on this guy. There are numerous reasons for this kid to make up a lie. Kids do things to get back at people and hurt them in the worst way possible if things don't go their way. There was a teen where I live that did something very similar to this to his soccer coach. Then when they proved the guy innocent, they asked the kid why he did it. You know what the kid said? He said "He wouldnt let me play that much!" So yes there are kids that do this for attention and just to get revenge.

This man's life, whether he is guilty or innocent, is ruined forever. He will always be labled a pedophile whether it is true or not. There are people in the world that don't understand what a verdict of not guilty is. I feel bad for this man if he is innocent.(Which NONE of us knows for sure.) All of you are already stamping the man as a pedophile. What happened to Innocent until proven Guilty?!
Lakewood1117

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

Lakewood student wrote:
<quoted text>
There are also many people who will defend the boy.
THAT'S RIGHT!!!!
jbd612

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

If this guy is found innocent I hope he ends up like that boy in Columbus and sues for millions in damages.

There isn't enough money to give an innocent person who is destroyed in the media like this for something they did not do.

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

COME ON wrote:
DO YOU REALLY THINK A 14 YEAR OLD BOY WOULD MAKE UP A LIE TO RUIN HIS TEENAGE LIFE LIKE THIS!? GET REAL PEOPLE, seeing how lakewood high has had 2 other teachers who have done things like this in my past 4 years of being at this school i dont doubt it. You should see how the male gaurs look at the female students. iv heard of how he would buy kids pizza and all of this kind of "TO NICE" things he does. How dare you defend a RAPIST.
No, he may have made up this story to ruin the man's life and not think about what it might mean to his own. Most 14 year olds don't think of the consequences of their actions. If it is true that the story was made up, this boy will need to accept those consequences. And if it is true that it happened, then the man will accept the consequences. And what is a gaur?

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

jbd612 wrote:
If this guy is found innocent I hope he ends up like that boy in Columbus and sues for millions in damages.
There isn't enough money to give an innocent person who is destroyed in the media like this for something they did not do.
And I thought for sure you would be siding with the kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Cleveland Forum right now

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Fitus T Bluster 18,485
Review: Cancinos Multiservice Office 15 hr Anonymous customer 1
Michelle Knight Information Tue Raven 7
the decline of ebay (May '13) Jul 6 TransNetCommerce 23
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
Five arrested in Jim Brennan murder; Frontier p... Jul 4 pizzed 1
Five People Arrested in Connection with Clevela... Jul 4 Ron S 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••