Woman Shoots Herself While Driving Wi...

Woman Shoots Herself While Driving With Daughter

There are 9 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from May 28, 2010, titled Woman Shoots Herself While Driving With Daughter. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A California woman shot and killed herself while driving in southern New Mexico after her 9-year-old daughter refused her mother's request to kill her, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

Jackie

Minot, ND

#1 May 28, 2010
What is wrong with people!?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 May 28, 2010
That is absolutley insane! That poor little girl and what she will go through trying to heal from this tragic event. What is wrong with the world today..

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 May 28, 2010
poor kid

United States

#4 May 28, 2010
Thank God, that man was able to stop the vehicle, the girl, and the dogs are safe. This could have caused a horrible accident, and many people could have been killed or injured. My heart just goes out to that little girl. The mother must have been mentally unbalanced.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#5 May 28, 2010
How could you do that your child?

First to ask a question like that?
Then do it to yourself in front of her?
While in a moving car?!
While away from home out of state?

My prayers are with the little girl.

Since: Sep 09

Cleveland, OH

#6 May 28, 2010
Jillian Westlake wrote:
That is absolutley insane! That poor little girl and what she will go through trying to heal from this tragic event. What is wrong with the world today..
This world is spinning out of control. People are just going plain nuts anymore. More and more bizaar things are happening; God help us!
My View

Cleveland, OH

#7 May 28, 2010
This is without a doubt one of the most selfish parents in the universe. Regardless of what was wrong with her, the idea that she would first ask her daughter to shoot her and then take her life in front of her is outrageous. She had absolutely no regard for the child, much less the 2 dogs in the vehicle. Her entire mind-set was focused on her and the child and dogs could go to hell and fend for themselves, if they lived. She is absolutely entitled to commit suicide, but do it on her own damn watch, alone without an audience. For God's sake, she needs to be dead and no telling what she has done to this child before her death. The only victim in this scenario is the child and really hope she gets the help she needs to recover and move on with her life. Our society is going to hell in a hand-basket with parents like this. God help the children! Unreal!
Confused

Mentor, OH

#8 May 28, 2010
Words can not describe the horror that the Daughter and Mother were both going threw in the car, let alone in life...My heart aches for that little girl and Mom. I for one will not judge the Mother for her actions but I pray that her daughter will grow to be a wonderful lady full of a vibrant life that she deserves...I will keep you both in my prayers.
Luckymom1989

Cleveland, OH

#9 May 28, 2010
It almost sounds like lack of oxygen from the asthma attack may have caused the mom to lose it. That poor little girl...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Chuck 20,065
where can u find dog food in cleveland? (Aug '14) Mon thinking 87
Need Dog Food Today Mon thinking 4
Loosing my virginty Sun James2123410 1
New eBook About eBay Reveals Startling Details ... Jul 5 HumanRightsUpheld 1
News Governor Kasich prepares to make his case for P... Jun 30 Howard Hunt 1
Eat, Drink, and Smoke Marijuana in an Indulgent... Jun 29 Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages