Death-row inmate hangs self days befo...

Death-row inmate hangs self days before execution

There are 5 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 4, 2013, titled Death-row inmate hangs self days before execution. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Convicted killer Billy Slagle hung himself in his Death Row prison cell early this morning - three days before he was to be executed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

lisa

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Aug 4, 2013
Saved the taxpayers a bunch of money....
Baezelbub

Houghton, MI

#2 Aug 5, 2013
No, he didn't save the tax payers a bunch of money.
Baezelbub

Houghton, MI

#3 Aug 5, 2013
His incarceration for 27 years and the criminal trial, had to be more than 1.2 million in costs to the taxpayer directly, without even considering the fact that the inmate paid no income, property, sales or other taxes for duration of his incarceratin. There's no savings of money in crime, what an ignorant comment.
lolwut

Van Wert, OH

#4 Aug 6, 2013
Baezelbub wrote:
No, he didn't save the tax payers a bunch of money.
Executions are free these days are they?
lisa

Chillicothe, OH

#5 Aug 6, 2013
lolwut wrote:
<quoted text>Executions are free these days are they?
Thanks! That was what I was thinking lol. I've been to the death house. Had the grand tour and been told what all happens. I guess it's all "donated" lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed democrat 20,852
Challenge Anyone? Feb 21 Phil 4
News Woman charged for 2006 murder (Jul '12) Feb 20 Cyber 72
FSC (fire safe cigarettes): Are they making you... (Dec '09) Feb 14 William brown 79
Planning to visit Feb 11 Denise 1
Lebron grow up Feb 5 RuhTarrd 3
News Sentencings and trials in Cuyahoga County: Cour... (Apr '13) Feb 4 Angel Gabriel 121

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages