Former Methodist Episcopal minister a...

Former Methodist Episcopal minister accused of $300,000 theft

There are 371 comments on the The Plain Dealer story from Jan 7, 2008, titled Former Methodist Episcopal minister accused of $300,000 theft. In it, The Plain Dealer reports that:

“The old members are faithful members. They're going to be there”

Posted by James F. McCarty and David Briggs January 07, 2008 17:29PM A Cleveland minister just released last month from federal prison was named Monday in a 27-count indictment for theft-related charges. via The Plain Dealer

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Plain Dealer.

KKJ

Natchitoches, LA

#355 Mar 25, 2011
I am sorry good night my friend.
Soap Opera

United States

#357 Jul 21, 2011
Oh wow. What a story. What's gonna happen next?
Overseer

Newark, DE

#358 Sep 12, 2011
chris LA wrote:
we are indeed living in the last days as the Bible states that this would happen. They needs to put him in jail and throw away the key. But check this out; you would not believe that Bishop Charles E. Blake removed our longtime pastor from our church(liberty GOGIG 5300 South Central Ave> placed Derek A rimson there to be our pastor in 2005 -2007>he borrowed over 1.6 million + dollars on our paid for in full 2 church building>>he is now being invested by LAPD dect. they need to go to get him now!!!!Pastors,bishop,they are sicklovemoney only!
Derrick Rimson is now in Philadelphia, PA about to rip off another church. He's weaseling in on the good people at BM Oakley Memorial Temple, 7th & Oxford. The Pastor there is his mother in law and she's slowly giving him more responsibilities totally disrespecting the leadership that was already in place. Please pray for that church.
truth

Los Angeles, CA

#359 Sep 14, 2011
Overseer wrote:
<quoted text>
Derrick Rimson is now in Philadelphia, PA about to rip off another church. He's weaseling in on the good people at BM Oakley Memorial Temple, 7th & Oxford. The Pastor there is his mother in law and she's slowly giving him more responsibilities totally disrespecting the leadership that was already in place. Please pray for that church.
has he moved to philadelphia, pa? i thought he were still in compton, ca... having early am service in a baptist church storefront ..see him on u tube preaching type his name in and listen to him he looks like a crook.
Alicia

United States

#360 Sep 15, 2011
This is so ridiculous. His mother in-law is a pastor and she knows about the things he has done to her child and others however she continues to enable him to cheat, lie and steal money from God's people. It doesn't make sense. Yes, Derek was anointed and for the right things when he was very young and starting out but now he's on the other side. He's going from state to state. One can not uphold him in his wrong deeds. I read where he has started new businesses. All I can say is we will live to see God repay him.
Life is funny

Downey, CA

#361 Sep 21, 2011
Is that the truth that crooked pastor Derek Rimson is living in PA? Did his mother in law pay him to move out there? Do Maria and Terrie think that since Derek is out there that he will no longer cheat? I heard he'll do anything for a dollar. Now will he be sleeping with the god daughter like Maria husband is,another member in the church, Maria or her husband? Do he like men, women, children, or all of the above?
Life is funny

Downey, CA

#362 Sep 21, 2011
Derek is advertising with Black Gospel Promo in PA. Can someone tell me how crooked sinning Derek can talk, preach, or counsel anyone about marriage/relationship, gospel, or anything for that matter because he's not living what he preaches. His marriage and his ministry is a joke how could anyone take him serious. I can think of a lot of other names to call him other that what he calls himself but the GOD in my won;t allow it.
truth

Los Angeles, CA

#363 Sep 22, 2011
too much heat started back up for derek in california and more info began to come out and everybody found out that evangelist chris were telling the truth about derek and his messsssssss so now i understand there is an investigation going on he may go to jail for stealing the church money and some of the other ungodly things he did in los angeles and others parts of california.. that is maybe the reason he fled if it is true that he is it a fact that he is in pa or detroit? need more infor... a whole lot of folks is very angry with this guy... so maybe fear has begun to set in with him.. but he should fear God and not man..... he will pay for what he did in the house of God...he cannot run from God nor can he run from himself he looks in the mirror and wow he see his father Satan looking back at him no peace...
Alicia

United States

#364 Sep 22, 2011
Hi Everyone,
Derek always wanted to be in the spotlight. Now he is going from state to state making a bad name for himself. There are so many people who now know about what he has been doing from coast to coast. He is like an animal running scared. He's searching for whomever he can deceive and devour. Seriously, Derek acts like he has lost his mind. The spirit that is controlling him is totally evil. Soon he will have to bow down and repent for every wrong deed. Are his in-laws and wife able to talk some sense into him or are they apart of the problem (enablers). Sad waste of life. Don't use the Lord's name for your evil gains. Use Satan's name.
Life is funny

Mesa, AZ

#365 Sep 22, 2011
Yes the in laws know all about Derek dirty deeds. I guess they don't have a problem with it. He was not to be speaking in a C.O.G.I.C. period but Maria let's him do it, she will fall along with him. Is it hot in LA for Derek what's the latest. Will he go to jail? Do LAPD know where to find him? Did he think that he was above the law? Get back satsn they are coming for you.
Life is funny

Mesa, AZ

#366 Sep 22, 2011
Yes Maria pays there bills that's why they moved to PA. She takes care of her dumb daughter and whore of a son in law. Who would give up the gravy train of Maria's church money not Derek. He has to be a very sad man or less of a man to move in with the in laws. Everyone knows that that's a no no.
Could Be

Detroit, MI

#367 Oct 2, 2011
HoneyIBelieveU wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why don't tell us the good 411 on him??????? Enlighten us dear?
Because I truly no known. His charcter and how he's acting right now
speaks 4 itself on what really in his heart!!!! God Bless!!!!
I could be wrong, but I think "Baby Girl" is Mrs. Rimson, so always expect e-mails in support of Derek Rimson.
Life is funny

Paramount, CA

#368 Oct 2, 2011
It's nothing no one could say in Derek's defense. I'm sure that there is a whole lot of truth in what people say on here about this man and his sidekick of a wife. The Rimson's are a joke.
Could Be wrote:
<quoted text>
I could be wrong, but I think "Baby Girl" is Mrs. Rimson, so always expect e-mails in support of Derek Rimson.
Life is funny

Paramount, CA

#369 Oct 2, 2011
I think Terrie will be to busy eat walking around here looking like miss piggy to be blogging on here. She looks like the whole pig.

Could Be wrote:
<quoted text>

I could be wrong, but I think "Baby Girl" is Mrs. Rimson, so always expect e-mails in support of Derek Rimson.
Alicia

United States

#370 Oct 6, 2011
I got the same idea that some of derek's supporters are writing comments on this forum. But you know the truth is the truth it never changes. A person is known by the fruit he/she bears. People from long ago know about his deeds. I like and respect some of his older family members. They are nothing like Derek. He needs to understand he has fallen from GRACE! He had so much potential the Lord equipped Derek with a lot to be a benefit to the Kingdom. He has truly been a disappointment to so many people. He could have helped so many people. Derek is responsible for leading many souls to hell. He is held at a higher standard. To whom much is given much is required. He was supposed to be an example of how one is supposed to live. He was supposed to represent GOD. What a disgrace!
Life is funny

United States

#371 Oct 6, 2011
I agree totally what a disgrace to the Rimson name. He had potential why is it that everyone see's him for who he is and what he has become. Why doesn't he see it. I think GOD gave him chance after chance to get it right but he keeps falling short because of his greed for money and women. Sex, lies, money, and need to be greedy shame on him and all the others that follow and believe in him knowing that he's not right and is not leading to Christ.
Alicia wrote:
I got the same idea that some of derek's supporters are writing comments on this forum. But you know the truth is the truth it never changes. A person is known by the fruit he/she bears. People from long ago know about his deeds. I like and respect some of his older family members. They are nothing like Derek. He needs to understand he has fallen from GRACE! He had so much potential the Lord equipped Derek with a lot to be a benefit to the Kingdom. He has truly been a disappointment to so many people. He could have helped so many people. Derek is responsible for leading many souls to hell. He is held at a higher standard. To whom much is given much is required. He was supposed to be an example of how one is supposed to live. He was supposed to represent GOD. What a disgrace!
janice clark

United States

#372 Nov 3, 2011
Derek is here in Jj with Maria Gardner. She knows how he is. But she's dirty to on another forum they saying Maria Gardner is a whore on her 4th marriage and about to move to California and marry a bishop and Derek and terry lives in her house and she takes care of them both. Now her church BMO is down hill she has hardly no members. She and her ex husband the one she married tht was married to one of the other women in the church who cheated on Maria Gardner with her own god daughter and had a baby with her he slept with the whole church and she secretly married him. Tht whole family the gardners and the rimsons are going to hell. Maria lies and destroys families. She's a mess her son in law is a mess. They are the big talk. I Dnt like none of them they all use the churches for money they lie cheat and steel. Maria church in in shambles.
truth

Los Angeles, CA

#373 Nov 3, 2011
one thing about the truth it will come out for all to see sooner or later... that is what is good about the truth.. it is always the same.
Kim

United States

#374 Nov 4, 2011
I believe all of it.
janice clark wrote:
Derek is here in Jj with Maria Gardner. She knows how he is. But she's dirty to on another forum they saying Maria Gardner is a whore on her 4th marriage and about to move to California and marry a bishop and Derek and terry lives in her house and she takes care of them both. Now her church BMO is down hill she has hardly no members. She and her ex husband the one she married tht was married to one of the other women in the church who cheated on Maria Gardner with her own god daughter and had a baby with her he slept with the whole church and she secretly married him. Tht whole family the gardners and the rimsons are going to hell. Maria lies and destroys families. She's a mess her son in law is a mess. They are the big talk. I Dnt like none of them they all use the churches for money they lie cheat and steel. Maria church in in shambles.
Alicia

United States

#375 Nov 7, 2011
It's sad that Derek has ruined the Rimson name. All of the Rimson's are good people except Derek and his bunch. I watched the convocation yesterday and Bishop Blake tried to give Derek a chance and it back fired, blew up in his face. It's sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed fDS 20,173
Knoxville's Billionaire Scumbag. Wed Knoxville Legend 1
News 50 Cleveland concerts in the 1980s that rocked ... Wed Amused Octopus 1
30 years since William Molik murder (jfk teacher) (Aug '13) Tue Ron 2
where can u find dog food in cleveland? (Aug '14) Tue Angelique1 143
Cleveland Tamir $6M Settlement Rite Before GOP ... Apr 26 Its Different At ... 10
News Cleveland to Pay Family of Tamir Rice $6 Millio... Apr 26 Shame 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages