Head-On Collision Causes Road To Close

A head-on collision closes a busy Lorain County road for hours late Tuesday morning and sends two people to the hospital. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
who cars is an asshol

Strongsville, OH

#22 Jun 13, 2010
whocares wrote:
<quoted text>I would never be in his shoes because I always pay attention to where I am going when I drive.Too many people dont have a clue as to what they are doing when they get behind the wheel and thats how accidents happen that should never happen in the first place.I have been driving for 40 years and I have NEVER had an accident.Cyclists have the right to be on the road just as much as cars.Thats the LAW.
F*ck you man. Nobody like when this stuff happens but it still does. Do you really think your smart ass attitude is going to change anything? Stuff like this can happen to anyone, even you. Karma is just waiting to bite you in the *ss, my friend.
Sam Giannola

Strongsville, OH

#23 Jun 13, 2010
Joe Poyma my friend. You are a selfless man who helped many and loves life and lives life to it's fullest. A "ditch digger" you would say. Thank you God for my friend ditch digger, I would say this many times over the years. Also I would say Joe is a romantic, A Great Husband,A fantastic Father. Loyal Son and a True Friend. God gave us nature and Joe loves every bit it has to offer the same as he does with everyone that knows Joe. Until we meet again I will fill the void that you have left behind with faith and hope of being together again.
love you brother.
Sam
Chuppa

Strongsville, OH

#24 Jun 14, 2010
whocares wrote:
What was he doing that would cause him to have to swerve instead of just slowing down.People have to watch where they are going and pay attention.
Hey jackass, Joseph Poyma is the father of Joe Poyma who I had the privilege of attending and graduating high school with. He was a great man, and for you to bash him about what happened when you weren't even there makes you ignorant. One day your little brain will understand when something happens to you like this. R.I.P. Mr. Poyma.....you will be missed
Nicole

United States

#25 Jun 14, 2010
Joseph Poyma passed away on Saturday night. Please pray for both families. This is such a sad story. I know the Poyma family and they are good people so they were already suffering from the loss of the lady that Joe crashed into, add this the situation. Just please not judge just pray.
sincere

Strongsville, OH

#26 Jun 14, 2010
R.I.P. Joe Poyma and Noemi Pagan. Heartfelt sympathy to you and your families, and we will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.......
sincere

Strongsville, OH

#27 Jun 14, 2010
Nicole wrote:
Joseph Poyma passed away on Saturday night. Please pray for both families. This is such a sad story. I know the Poyma family and they are good people so they were already suffering from the loss of the lady that Joe crashed into, add this the situation. Just please not judge just pray.
I also know the Poyma's and they are a VERY loving, close knit family and very good people. From what I have heard, the Pagan family is also a very loving and good family. This is just tragic, please keep both families in your thoughts and prayers during this horrible time.
Tracy

San Diego, CA

#28 Jun 14, 2010
I met Joe only once when he was visiting his son at College. He and his son were so close and I know Matt will miss him everyday. Not too many college aged students talk about their dads the way Matt did. He loved him with all his heart and Im glad that Matt was able to spend some time with him before he passed.
elyria5

Elyria, OH

#29 Jun 14, 2010
strongsville wrote:
r.i.p. mr poyma
you will be missed greatly :(
<33333
Joe Joe - you will be missed!
Our hearts are out ot BOTH families
elyria5

Elyria, OH

#30 Jun 14, 2010
Ignorant people slander people they do not know.
There is no right or wrong in this situation, it was an accident and that is that. Really people, unfortunately this was a tragic accident and not just 2 lives were lost, thier families have lost a part of their lives, have some respect!
MANKO

North Royalton, OH

#31 Jun 14, 2010
JOE WAS A WONDERFUL GIVING PERSON THAT LOVED HIS FAMILY. HE WOULD OF DONE ANYTHING FOR ANYONE AND I GOT THE PLEASURE OF BEING HIS FRIEND. HE FELT HORRIBLE AFTER ACCIDENT FOR HITTING MRS.PAGAN. I TALKED TO HIM SEVERAL TIMES AND HE EACH TIME ASKED ME OVER AND OVER TO PRAY FOR LADY HE HIT. AT TIME HE HAD NO IDEA HER NAME. HE WILL BE TRUELY MISSED BY MANY PEOPLE.
joe shmoe

Madison, OH

#32 Jun 15, 2010
Chuppa wrote:
<quoted text> Hey jackass, Joseph Poyma is the father of Joe Poyma who I had the privilege of attending and graduating high school with. He was a great man, and for you to bash him about what happened when you weren't even there makes you ignorant. One day your little brain will understand when something happens to you like this. R.I.P. Mr. Poyma.....you will be missed
I agree with whocares.I dont care how nice of a guy he was.The fact remains that he was not paying attention to what he was doing.The only way he would have to swerve into the path of an oncoming vehicle is if he was speeding or not paying attention to where he was going.Face it,he screwed up.
not for us to judge

Redford, MI

#33 Jun 15, 2010
Hey joe shmoe those are not the omly ways this could have happened. Did you stop to think that maybe the person on the bike could have swerved in front of the truck suddenly? I'm not saying that is what happened but it is possible. God knows the truth and it is for him to judge. As far as I'm concerned it was a horrible ACCIDENT. My thoughts and prayers go out to both the Poyma and Pagan families.
A Friend

Carlisle, MA

#34 Jun 15, 2010
joe shmoe wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with whocares.I dont care how nice of a guy he was.The fact remains that he was not paying attention to what he was doing.The only way he would have to swerve into the path of an oncoming vehicle is if he was speeding or not paying attention to where he was going.Face it,he screwed up.
The Pagan family has more compassion than you do. They are very kind and say it was no ones fault, it was an ACCIDENT!!!
God Knows

Chardon, OH

#35 Jul 24, 2010
joe shmoe wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with whocares.I dont care how nice of a guy he was.The fact remains that he was not paying attention to what he was doing.The only way he would have to swerve into the path of an oncoming vehicle is if he was speeding or not paying attention to where he was going.Face it,he screwed up.
I hope nothing every happens to you in a situation like this. Who are you to judge someone unfortunately accidents happen. Let God be the judge and let you find God as it sounds like you are a very selfish person.
God Knows

Chardon, OH

#36 Jul 24, 2010
Who are you to judge someone accidents happen good or bad that's why they call them accidents. I hope you are never in a situation like this. Obviously you never learned that being selfish is not ab option. Find God he will teach you who's right and who's wrong. I feel sorry for you and your shallow attitude.
brooke

Redford, MI

#37 Sep 18, 2010
whoevever is against him trying to be safe because some moron couldnt go on the sidewalk which was right in front of there face is rediculous. bicylist should not ride on main roaads and whoever is saying mean stuff you are worthless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Historic Victory for Voting Rights in Ohio 28 min Dont be Dopey 38
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Chuck 19,285
Motorcyclist warns 'watch out, dude' before Cle... Mon HoodRat 1
Coffee Quiz Fox 8 News In The Morning Scott Sabol (May '10) Sep 26 jamie koenig 18
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
How to tame bad breath Sep 25 brettatprofresh 2
Ex. Rep. Jim Traficant reported to be seriously... Sep 25 chris 1
Was Dumb fired from Rovers Morning Glory Sep 23 Behind the scenes 38
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match

Cleveland Jobs

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland

Personal Finance