Carpet or wood? Experts lay out the pros and cons of each

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cleveland.com

Werner Braun, president of the Carpet and Rug Institute. The nonprofit trade association represents U.S. carpet manufacturers and is based in Dalton, Ga.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Leather and Wood

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Wood. Hands down. I agree with the previous comment... wood floors (as well as other hard floors) are more prone to showing dirt and dust bunnies. But that is not to say that wood floors ARE dirtier. Carpets are just as dirty, but they hide dust and dirt in their fibers more easily. With that in mind, carpets are often dirtier if not properly cleaned often. I would say that wood floors are easier to clean, especially when liquids are spilled. The best part about wood floors is that they look better over time... I can't say the same about carpets.

http://leatherandwoodblog.blogspot.com/
Lisa

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Definitely hardwood floors...no only are they more hygienic they look better as well. I have hardwood floors throughout my home and have invested in a couple of cowhide rugs from an online store such as this: http://www.citycows.co.uk/categories/Cowhide-... . They are hypo-allergenic, easy to keep clean and look fabulous when placed on hardwood flooring. Carpets just get dirty and are hard to keep clean.
Anonymous

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I absolutely love the look of hardwood floors. Yes they're easier to keep clean but also look stylish while coordinating with all colour schemes. Add a few large area rugs for another texture to make it look and feel cosy! Plus in winter, yes it's cold but it doesn't feel damp like carpet can. Win win.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Good read... But I will say that I am always going to side with hardwood floors. Carpet can be nice, but hardwood floors are too gorgeous to resist. Also, I really like the look of a rug on hardwood floor. You can still have a soft floor with beautiful wood.

Since: Jun 13

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Wood flooring. It matches with any wall color. Quality.

rather that of carpet, where to need to make choice for colors, designs & quality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Cleveland Forum right now

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr bee 6335 18,566
the Podcast, Episode 53: Summer League Review, ... 8 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 1
tian roya facebook Sun CONCERNED FAMILY 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sun NSA 229
Cleveland Bans E-Cigarette Smoking Sun BUH WAH HA HA 2
Feature points referral code Jul 18 Johanna 3
Ramona Robinson and Wayne Dawson, why is racism... (Aug '13) Jul 16 Clive 3
•••
•••
•••
Cleveland Dating

more search filters

less search filters