Carpet or wood? Experts lay out the p...

Carpet or wood? Experts lay out the pros and cons of each

There are 5 comments on the story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Carpet or wood? Experts lay out the pros and cons of each. In it, reports that:

Werner Braun, president of the Carpet and Rug Institute. The nonprofit trade association represents U.S. carpet manufacturers and is based in Dalton, Ga.

Join the discussion below, or

Leather and Wood

Tucson, AZ

#2 Jan 5, 2013
Wood. Hands down. I agree with the previous comment... wood floors (as well as other hard floors) are more prone to showing dirt and dust bunnies. But that is not to say that wood floors ARE dirtier. Carpets are just as dirty, but they hide dust and dirt in their fibers more easily. With that in mind, carpets are often dirtier if not properly cleaned often. I would say that wood floors are easier to clean, especially when liquids are spilled. The best part about wood floors is that they look better over time... I can't say the same about carpets.

Naples, FL

#3 Jan 5, 2013
Definitely hardwood only are they more hygienic they look better as well. I have hardwood floors throughout my home and have invested in a couple of cowhide rugs from an online store such as this: . They are hypo-allergenic, easy to keep clean and look fabulous when placed on hardwood flooring. Carpets just get dirty and are hard to keep clean.

Auckland, New Zealand

#4 Apr 8, 2013
I absolutely love the look of hardwood floors. Yes they're easier to keep clean but also look stylish while coordinating with all colour schemes. Add a few large area rugs for another texture to make it look and feel cosy! Plus in winter, yes it's cold but it doesn't feel damp like carpet can. Win win.

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jul 23, 2013
Good read... But I will say that I am always going to side with hardwood floors. Carpet can be nice, but hardwood floors are too gorgeous to resist. Also, I really like the look of a rug on hardwood floor. You can still have a soft floor with beautiful wood.

Since: Jun 13

Mumbai, India

#6 Aug 5, 2013
Wood flooring. It matches with any wall color. Quality.

rather that of carpet, where to need to make choice for colors, designs & quality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Ronald 20,515
where can u find dog food in cleveland? (Aug '14) 18 hr MrChowPuppyMix 110
Dog food in cleveland (Jan '15) 18 hr MrChowPuppyMix 42
need pains 18 hr MrChowPuppyMix 4
Public assistance Nov 25 come on man 1
How would you change the Browns uniforms Nov 24 Toby 2
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and Brown's owner Ji... (Jan '15) Nov 24 Toby 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages