dead babies: Woman Admits Suffocating 8 Newborns, Burying Bodies in...

There are 20 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jul 29, 2010, titled dead babies: Woman Admits Suffocating 8 Newborns, Burying Bodies in.... In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

TERTRE, France -- A French woman who admitted suffocating eight of her newborns and concealing their corpses in the garden and garage of her home has been charged with manslaughter, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

mamamimi

Louisville, OH

#22 Jul 30, 2010
I think the whole family is crazy & the husband should be arrested for stupidity.
Natalie Willoughby Hills

Canton, OH

#23 Jul 30, 2010
Put this sick S.O.B if front of a firing squad! end of subject!!! DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!! May those poor babies RIP, they are gone from that sick monster!!!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#24 Jul 30, 2010
unknown wrote:
a first trimester abortion is not the same as giving birth and murdering a live child. you must ignorant. don't come on here talking about abortions when you know nothing about it. there are many women who are raped and such & just cannot care for the child. this story on the other hand, is just absolutely disgusting. RIP little ones.
While I do agree that abortion is wrong, who are you to say we don't know anything about abortion?

As a teenager, I was forced into one by my own mother..

I have done research for school about the different proceedures & which terms abortion is legally done, & you would be shocked to know some of these babies actually make it through the proceedure.. The babies that do make it through have been called "candy apple babies" because the pigmentation in their skin isn't fully developed, & these babies aren't placed with their parents, they are placed up for adoption..

The major side effects of abortion can range from never able to get pregnant again, constantly miscarrying & breast cancer later in life.. More often than not, the emotional & mental effects are a life long battle..

After my mother forced me into having one as a teenager, I had a tubal pregnancy, miscarried 2 multiple pregnancies of twins & triplets & made me have second thoughts on whether or not I even wanted kids because of all the abuse my body was going through with my husband & the stress it was putting on me in the marraige..

After 3 years I concieved again & was kept on close watch.. I had a healthy pregnancy, went 10 days passed my due date & had 2 more kids after that.. I will try to talk anyone out of an abortion, because no baby or woman should ever have to suffer any of what an abortion can put you through.. My last child was concieved through rape, I STILL wouldn't abort the pregnancy & had my adorable little girl who has long strawberry-blonde curly hair & means the world to me..

I have no words to express my feeling towards this heartless human, but I do know God himself will get her for murder & that's good enough for me!

I don't like baby killers, I can't stand them..

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#25 Jul 30, 2010
Concerned Adult wrote:
Erica D: What a convoluted response. You've made a # of judgements here about the babies and how it's okay to kill 'em as long as they help someone else, or aren't ghetto or all your other ridiculous statements.
Kathie is correct...murder is murder but those who think of "it" as a fetus will never see that it is really a human from conception. Sadly that is why the murder will continue.
And I don't believe in abortion and I don't believe in the death penalty. Sick as it is that we have to support a murderer, it is still killing.
God bless all of you who do not see life as life, no matter when.
im sorry but all of you close mined ppl are idiots,i hope none of you have children. just more and more stupid in the world
Irish IIs

United States

#26 Jul 30, 2010
Tommy, the murders happened in Nothern France, not the US. Unfortunately, the death penalty was done away with in 1975 for France. The last person guillotined was a young male who went on a murderous spree in Paris. The reason the death penalty was done away with is that the last of the executioners was a very old man, and retired. There were only a handful of them that were trained in the use of the guillotine. If in doubt, please feel free to look it up under French History and/or French Law. The rest of the EU banned the death penalty earlier. RIP little ones!
llamamamma

Turku, Finland

#27 Jul 31, 2010
r_u_nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done research for school about the different proceedures & which terms abortion is legally done, & you would be shocked to know some of these babies actually make it through the proceedure..
I'm seeing rates in the 20s to 50s per year in the UK with single digits surviving through a 3 day window. Not terribly a terribly shocking rate of failure, considering the numbers of procedures. There were fewer figures on US rates as US abortions are more strictly limited to early term which would logically bring fetal survival rates down quite a great deal.

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#28 Jul 31, 2010
r_u_nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
While I do agree that abortion is wrong, who are you to say we don't know anything about abortion?
As a teenager, I was forced into one by my own mother..
I have done research for school about the different proceedures & which terms abortion is legally done, & you would be shocked to know some of these babies actually make it through the proceedure.. The babies that do make it through have been called "candy apple babies" because the pigmentation in their skin isn't fully developed, & these babies aren't placed with their parents, they are placed up for adoption..
The major side effects of abortion can range from never able to get pregnant again, constantly miscarrying & breast cancer later in life.. More often than not, the emotional & mental effects are a life long battle..
After my mother forced me into having one as a teenager, I had a tubal pregnancy, miscarried 2 multiple pregnancies of twins & triplets & made me have second thoughts on whether or not I even wanted kids because of all the abuse my body was going through with my husband & the stress it was putting on me in the marraige..
After 3 years I concieved again & was kept on close watch.. I had a healthy pregnancy, went 10 days passed my due date & had 2 more kids after that.. I will try to talk anyone out of an abortion, because no baby or woman should ever have to suffer any of what an abortion can put you through.. My last child was concieved through rape, I STILL wouldn't abort the pregnancy & had my adorable little girl who has long strawberry-blonde curly hair & means the world to me..
I have no words to express my feeling towards this heartless human, but I do know God himself will get her for murder & that's good enough for me!
I don't like baby killers, I can't stand them..
God bless you. You've triumphed over many painful life experiences.
I may not always agree with you, but on this subject, we are kindred spirits. Once conceived, he/she has a right to LIVE!!

#29 Jul 31, 2010
erica d wrote:
<quoted text>
im sorry but all of you close mined ppl are idiots,i hope none of you have children. just more and more stupid in the world
"Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out".

#30 Jul 31, 2010
erica d wrote:
<quoted text>
its not murder,if they get it done before the fetus has a heartbeat,also if abortions weren't legal,you would see a lot more child murders.and then you would be asking yourself"why wasnt there anyway to help these kids from suffering?"well there is.and the fetus's go to ppl with horrible medical conditions.i think its a good thing.also there would be A LOT more welfare babies,living in the ghetto being bread into little gangsters.so as long as its dont in the first 2 months its not murder
A baby has a heartbeat around the 16th day of development, pumping in a closed circulatory system by day 21. This is usually well before a woman is even aware she's pregnant.

#31 Jul 31, 2010
unknown wrote:
a first trimester abortion is not the same as giving birth and murdering a live child. you must ignorant. don't come on here talking about abortions when you know nothing about it. there are many women who are raped and such & just cannot care for the child. this story on the other hand, is just absolutely disgusting. RIP little ones.
If a human pregnancy is stopped by nature, it's called a miscarriage. If it's stopped at the hands of another human, it's called murder.
BTW -- late-term abortions are performed on babies who HAVE been born and are viable (could survive outside the mother). These babies are born feet-first, right up to their head, where the doctor inserts scissors into the base of their neck and pushes them into the baby's brain, and then opens the scissors up. If that doesn't kill the baby, then the doctor will suck the brains out. Not murder, huh? And, HOW is this different from what this woman has done?

#32 Jul 31, 2010
llamamamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Legally or medically?
On a practical level the main difference is viability. Though I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's not going to be possible to explain this to you in terms you'll understand.
I'm firm in my beliefs, but I'm always willing to listen to what others are thinking. I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say.

#33 Jul 31, 2010
LThomas wrote:
<quoted text>
She shouldve seeked help after her traumatizing pregnancy..... And he husband didnt think "hey we are having unprotected sex, no birth control, my wife might get pregnant" I think he knew just looked the other way and didnt ask questions.
Killing the newborns and abortions.... is not the the same. To have that breathing child in your arms after you have looked into their eyes and held them, then to put a pillow over its face??? That takes a very dark dark person. She still couldve given them up for adoption. Or left them at a hospital.
Kathie, let me ask you do you believe in the death penalty??
Many conservatives will be against abortion but for the death penalty. A life is a life right???
Bottom line this woman needs mental help she needed it long before she got pregnant. She will have her day in court. In the end she will have to face god for what she has done and ask him for forgiveness. I think the husband is lying.... and should be charged.
I'm pro-life. As far as the death penalty goes, I think that Death Row inmates should just be sent to an island to fend for themselves -- no help from anybody. They can just kill each other off.

Location hidden

#34 Jul 31, 2010
7th Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>A baby has a heartbeat around the 16th day of development, pumping in a closed circulatory system by day 21. This is usually well before a woman is even aware she's pregnant.
well thats funny cause i googled it and its said around 2 months the child has a heartbeat.

Location hidden

#35 Jul 31, 2010
7th Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>If a human pregnancy is stopped by nature, it's called a miscarriage. If it's stopped at the hands of another human, it's called murder.
BTW -- late-term abortions are performed on babies who HAVE been born and are viable (could survive outside the mother). These babies are born feet-first, right up to their head, where the doctor inserts scissors into the base of their neck and pushes them into the baby's brain, and then opens the scissors up. If that doesn't kill the baby, then the doctor will suck the brains out. Not murder, huh? And, HOW is this different from what this woman has done?
i agree that no one should be allowed to have an abortion that late in the pregnancy,that is brutal and should be murder.but if the child doesnt have a heartbeat,then its not murder.what if the child is a product of rape?some women wouldnt be able to handle a child growing in them that was their rapist.i think there should be stricter laws on abortions,like you cant just go in there multiple times cause your too stupid to use a condom,or just a whore.and you shouldnt be able to have an abortion if the child has a heartbeat,then its murder

#36 Jul 31, 2010
erica d wrote:
<quoted text>
well thats funny cause i googled it and its said around 2 months the child has a heartbeat.
Well, that is true -- at two months it WOULD have a heartbeat because the heart formed around day 16-18, and started pumping around day 21. Maybe you meant a heartbeat that can be heard? The earliest I heard one of our children's (we have 5) heartbeat was around 5 weeks, but maybe it can be heard earlier.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#37 Jul 31, 2010
um, dark thoughts....
llamamamma

Turku, Finland

#38 Aug 1, 2010
7th Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>
This is terribly interesting. Could you link me to an AMA or other journal article describing this procedure or any complications related to it? Google scholar isn't showing me anything that could even be vaguely related to what you've described.

#39 Aug 2, 2010
Try Googling "late-term abortions", or "partial-birth abortions".
llamamamma

Espoo, Finland

#40 Aug 2, 2010
7th Heaven wrote:
Try Googling "late-term abortions", or "partial-birth abortions".
You might want to try the terms in google scholar on on a journal collection service like J-stor. In google I just got a lot of strange, non-medical websites that all seemed to be further agendas.

Google scholar is free and rather easy to use.
Whatever

Akron, OH

#41 Aug 3, 2010
LThomas wrote:
<quoted text>
let me ask you do you believe in the death penalty??
Many conservatives will be against abortion but for the death penalty. A life is a life right???
I would like to answer this:
No, I do not believe in abortion and I am firmly AGAINST it.
However, I do support the death penalty.
Here is the reason why: A "fetus" does not have a choice. It did not ask to be placed in the womb and is there through no fault of it's own.
A death row inmate, however, is there through choices they have made, that led them to condemnation. It's their own fault that they landed on death row. The choice to murder was placed on their shoulders, and they chose to take a life.
So in that regard, shouldn't a "mother" who chooses to kill her unborn child be considered a "murderer" as well?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland Abduction Movie Horror 1 hr N-All 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Enya 19,893
News Tamir Rice's mother, family lawyer speak in Cle... Mon Burbs 1
Autumn Graley Mon ... 1
Man grilling hot dogs inside Cleveland paper co... Sun Flaming Hotdog 1
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) May 3 Mac 1,081
News 15 indicted in illegal prescription drug ring i... May 3 stalk this 2
More from around the web

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]