Karen

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

We're supposed to fly into Santiago and board a cruise ship out of Valparaiso in 2 weeks. Neither the airlines nor the cruise line have cancelled despite US warnings for travelers to curtail travel to the area. Does anyone know how the city of Valparaiso did during the quake and it's aftermath?
Joel

Netherlands Antilles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

We are also watching this closely as we also leave from there in two weeks. We are also interested to know regarding the intercontinental hotel in Santiago as we are scheduled to stay there the night before the start of the cruise.
Karen

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

Joel wrote:
We are also watching this closely as we also leave from there in two weeks. We are also interested to know regarding the intercontinental hotel in Santiago as we are scheduled to stay there the night before the start of the cruise.
I spoke to the people at the Santiago Park Hotel which is in the Providencia District this morning. They said there were no problems with the hotel and felt that most problems within the city should be cleared up within the week. Lan Air is expecting flights to be going into Santiago Airport and passengers will be accommodated in a tent terminal. No word on the cruise yet, although the ship is on the way from Buenos Aires. It left on Sunday for Santiago. Not sure about the status of the cruise terminal in Valparaiso.
Joel

Netherlands Antilles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

Karen
Thanks for your efforts. It looks as if Norwegian Sun will still be running as scheduled as spoke to them and they said "nothing new". Carnival is in Valparaiso today so suspect that they at least have temporary arrangements.
See you onboard.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Valparaiso, Chile Discussions

Search the Valparaiso, Chile Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sinking of Foyledale 2/6/1903 (Sep '11) Sep '11 Frank Dare 1
Photos: World's 24 most underrated cities to visit (Jun '11) Jun '11 ejhickey 1
Artist of the week: Liliana Wilson (Sep '10) Sep '10 cowboy 4
no a la extraccion de petroleo cerca de las cos... (Jun '10) Jun '10 HANDS ACROSS THE SAND 1
Recherche de personne rencontrée avec le Jeanne... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Villard michel 1
More quakes hit Chile as new president takes over (Mar '10) Mar '10 Suenos A 7
M 5.1, Coquimbo, Chile (Feb '10) Mar '10 Kerry M 11
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••