Van der Sloot arrested in Chile | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 17 comments on the Jun 3, 2010, Columbus Dispatch story titled Van der Sloot arrested in Chile | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Chilean police say they have detained a Dutch man sought in the murder of a woman in Peru.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Lolita Shih Tzu

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 3, 2010
Good for the Chilean Police!
Now send him to Peru where he will enjoy the courtesy of the peruvian jails.

“God doesn't like ugly!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 3, 2010
NH Mother and father will hopefully see justice soon. I wish he would tell them where her body is so they can be at peace. Chile should do what they do ( and I don't normally believe in taking someone's life) but he needs more than psych help. Only God can assist this child!
What do you know

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 3, 2010
Wait a minute there was a phone call from Aruba reminding the Peruvians they can't arrest this guy the magistrate just received another payment from the young Van der Sloot's relatives.

This is great at last the party days for this dope are over.
Ulysses

United States

#4 Jun 3, 2010
The blood of the young woman who was killed in Peru, is not only on Van der Sloot's hands, but also on the incompetent, inept, and corrupt Aruban authorities, who botched the Holloway case form the beginning. Now, the Aruban authorities are going through the motions of wringing their hands. It is too bad that Peru no longer has the death penalty.
The Judge

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 3, 2010
Van der Sloot--BEST NAME EVER!

I bet he gets justice in his Van der Sloot once he's sharing a prison cell with an oversexed criminal!~
The Great Ballzak

Kent, OH

#6 Jun 3, 2010
feed him to the fishes
Julia Lambert

Birmingham, AL

#7 Jun 3, 2010
Veteran from columbus wrote:
NH Mother and father will hopefully see justice soon. I wish he would tell them where her body is so they can be at peace. Chile should do what they do ( and I don't normally believe in taking someone's life) but he needs more than psych help. Only God can assist this child!
Oh I can assist him, with a One-Way ticket to Alabama.
A family and a community torn apart want justice for these beautiful girls both Natalie and Stephany, deserve no less and Aruban officials should be held accountable as well!
What a brave and strong young lady Stephany was, she fought back-bless her friends and family.
Right Wing Lunatic

New Hyde Park, NY

#8 Jun 3, 2010
I do believe Peru has the death penalty.
Jim

Greenville, OH

#9 Jun 3, 2010
BOYCOTT ARUBA!
Just wondering

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 3, 2010
On the anniversary of Natilie Holloway's death? Maybe authorities should go back over the last 4 years and look at his whereabouts on this date and see if any young women's bodies turned up. Coincidence or not?

Since: Feb 10

Witness Protection Program

#11 Jun 3, 2010
I think this will finally prove that this kid is and has been a cold blooded murderer.
Judge Roy Bean

Warrensburg, MO

#12 Jun 3, 2010
The next story should read:
Joran van der Sloot's nads identified after being found on beach. The rest of the body is missing. In other news, feral cats and pigs in the area are exceedingly fat.

“Defecting to Mexico”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#13 Jun 3, 2010
Close the case on Holloway's death. Maybe the family can finally have some closure now.
Peruvian Justice

New York, NY

#16 Jun 4, 2010
First he will appear in front of a judge. Then he will appear in front of a cement wall with a blindfold and a cigarette.
Barrack

Columbus, OH

#17 Jun 4, 2010
Put a Bounty on this Birds Ears, and open the season, license not required....His Lawyer said one right thing, "He has a Target on his Back"...not a coicident that he is investigated and involved in two murders...
Julian Lambert

Birmingham, AL

#19 Jun 4, 2010
love alabama wrote:
<quoted text>
i would be willing to contribute to a fund to bring him to alabama to face some real southern justice. i suggest a castration first.
I agree with a castration-slow and slick like he talks to the ladies, no date rape drug for him, he needs to be fully very aware of what is going on, he now has a arrest warrant here in Birmingham for extortion-I bet Birmingham police would love to house him and then some.
I honestly think the your lady in Peru lost her life due to Natalie's case-he is one smug punk with a lot of anger towards Beth, makes no sense other than she rocked his little world he lived in. And I also think when he killed Stephany he would still use Natalies body as a plea deal to get out of the murder-it is just a matter of time before the POS says well strike a deal with me and I'll tell you where Natalie's body is, and what really angers me and breaks my heart is I am afraid Natalie died in the same violent way as Stephany did and Beth and her family have been through hell for 5 years now.
Right Wing Lunatic

New Hyde Park, NY

#20 Jun 4, 2010
A South American prison is not like the border-line hotels we have here that we call "prisons". If they don't execute him, he's still doomed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santiago, Chile Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heavy rains cause flooding in usually bone-dry ... Apr 3 swept-away 1
Artificial Intelligence and business relations. Mar '15 UBAIDULLAH KHAN 1
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... Mar '15 Listen to the Word 1
News Villarrica volcano erupts in southern Chile, th... Mar '15 Tom 1
News The Decline Of The West (Dec '12) Oct '14 SHlTWORMMUMINDEBD... 5
News M 5.0, Mendoza, Argentina (Mar '10) Sep '14 hiechuck 2
News Cousins hope to open Grand Rapids' first hostel... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Faith 3
More from around the web