“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31604 Jan 2, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Emerald Isle is a lovely place. Couple months ago while at the beach my dad wanted me to take him for a "ride" and we went there and I was shocked at how much it grown since the last time I was there. Oh goodness hurricane Floyd did make a mess and pretty far inland too.
One of my old chiefs had family in Plymouth and they lost their farm which had been in their family since before the civil war because of the flooding. When we went to go help them, we spent most of our time recovering old caskets from cemetaries that had floated up because of the flood waters and avoiding snakes. Had a few get bit by copperheads and cottonmouths. Did learn that cottonmouths smell like rotten potatoes.

Location hidden

#31605 Jan 2, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one thought 19 asshats would use 4 airliners as weapons of mass destruction on 09/10/2001. No one thought the Japanese would attack Pearl Harbor on 12/06/1941.
Can give you an answer of when the last time New Jersery or New York were affected by a flood. But google is your closest internet friend and I am sure the Federal Emergency Management Agency might have some data or statistics for you to review or links to them.
If you purchase insurance on what you exactly need, then kudos to you. I purchase insurance on what I might need. Like flood, wind, fire, mother nature or random acts of God. Hell, if there was an asteroid deflector gun made by Acme, I am certain Katie would buy that too. Here is a catchy slogan for you, be prepared? And I was never even a boy scout... Sorry, just being snarky.
I learned through 22 long years of working for the fire department that piss poor planning promotes piss poor performance. We used it as a training tool for new officers as the 7p theory. Where you fall into that ideology is solely up to you.
Sorry AZ, should of said can't give you an answer about New Jersey or New York. Keyboard malfunctioning.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31606 Jan 2, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree some made great sacrifices in the face of surmountable odds. But I have also read the texts of some who were awarded the CMH's and it is appearent that politics played into that person having that medal conferred. From my eyes, that detracts the very nature of what THAT medal is supposed to stand for. Those kinds of politics take away from the gravity of what THAT medal stands for.
But I am only one man that is no longer in public service. So I no longer hold myself to the same standards of those who are. Like you and Mikey, I did my duty. 22 years of missing birthdays, missing Christmas and Thanksgivings, missing ball games and recitals etc etc etc. but I had a pretty good idea of what I was signing up for when I signed and submitted my application.
As I have said before Waco, without Katie, I would not be where I am at today. Sucessfulness is a relative term to the individual. I am thankful for what I have, where I have been and where I am about to go. I am fortunate enough to have my best friend with me who is equally excited. Yours and my points of view of people and politics is a difference of opinion I can live with. However, I can not and will not live with the direction you and your teammates are taking our country. Being that it is still free for the moment, exercising my rights to agree to disagree and change the channel or country. So forgive me if we do not see eye to eye. If you and Lu are still doing ya'lls thing, which I hope so, then I hope you got your best girl beside you as you ride the roads chasing sunsets. I know I do.
Here Here

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31607 Jan 2, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree some made great sacrifices in the face of surmountable odds. But I have also read the texts of some who were awarded the CMH's and it is appearent that politics played into that person having that medal conferred. From my eyes, that detracts the very nature of what THAT medal is supposed to stand for. Those kinds of politics take away from the gravity of what THAT medal stands for.
But I am only one man that is no longer in public service. So I no longer hold myself to the same standards of those who are. Like you and Mikey, I did my duty. 22 years of missing birthdays, missing Christmas and Thanksgivings, missing ball games and recitals etc etc etc. but I had a pretty good idea of what I was signing up for when I signed and submitted my application.
As I have said before Waco, without Katie, I would not be where I am at today. Sucessfulness is a relative term to the individual. I am thankful for what I have, where I have been and where I am about to go. I am fortunate enough to have my best friend with me who is equally excited. Yours and my points of view of people and politics is a difference of opinion I can live with. However, I can not and will not live with the direction you and your teammates are taking our country. Being that it is still free for the moment, exercising my rights to agree to disagree and change the channel or country. So forgive me if we do not see eye to eye. If you and Lu are still doing ya'lls thing, which I hope so, then I hope you got your best girl beside you as you ride the roads chasing sunsets. I know I do.
Silvercoast, i'm not happy that y'all are moving, but I very sincerely wish y'all the very best this world has to offer....I discovered something about myself, posting to you, and i'm better for it.I have respect for you, and my Lu is coming back, for good, and soon, GOD willing.You, of all people on this forum , know how utterly important it is to meet that right woman, as proof of the difficulty in that regard, it took me 58 years, but damn it was worth the wait, as for politics, this too....shall pass...good luck to y'all...

Location hidden

#31608 Jan 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I thought all of the examples were spot on. I never claimed Obama to be the evil dictator that Hitler was....Mike, just pointing out that they're, including the whole Democrat party for that matter, have more in common with Hitler and the Nazis than some think.
And if you take Hitler's views and substitute "jews" with "capitalist", you would then have alot of Obama's and the liberals views.
So, you are saying that working for the end of the Bush tax cuts for people above the $400,000 income is comparable to the wholesale murdering of over 6 million jews?

Location hidden

#31609 Jan 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> So since you're now pushing for stiffer gun laws due to the unforeseen tragedy at Sandy Hook, are you also saying that everyone who lives within an X number of miles from the ocean should be required to buy flood insurance due to the unforeseen tragedies that could occur?
What rates do you think the insurance companies would impose for such coverage after Sandy? Probably something unaffordable for most home owners, wouldn't you say?

Location hidden

#31610 Jan 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Again, I've never been a fan of Christie the Moderate and again, he's just doing whatever it takes to get re-elected in a liberal state....can't say that I blame him. I do however, like his "tell it like it is" persona. I wish all politicians had his attitude instead of the norm.... sugar coating liars.
He is exposing the basic callousness of the Republicans in the House of Representatives in regard to timely Federal relief for the victims of his state. The House is making politics their priority over the well being of the people. I think his re-election ambitions do not figure into the equation at this juncture. Those people in New Jersey currently live in complete misery and hopelessness. That is his priority in lashing out.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31611 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
He is exposing the basic callousness of the Republicans in the House of Representatives in regard to timely Federal relief for the victims of his state. The House is making politics their priority over the well being of the people. I think his re-election ambitions do not figure into the equation at this juncture. Those people in New Jersey currently live in complete misery and hopelessness. That is his priority in lashing out.
I think the thinking was....that FEMA has enough money....as of now....to last until March anyway....that's what I heard...in any event it's a political football now...

Location hidden

#31612 Jan 2, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Silvercoast, i'm not happy that y'all are moving, but I very sincerely wish y'all the very best this world has to offer....I discovered something about myself, posting to you, and i'm better for it.I have respect for you, and my Lu is coming back, for good, and soon, GOD willing.You, of all people on this forum , know how utterly important it is to meet that right woman, as proof of the difficulty in that regard, it took me 58 years, but damn it was worth the wait, as for politics, this too....shall pass...good luck to y'all...
Well my man, listen to her. Hopefully she will be smart enough for both of you. Mine is for me. Glad she tolerates me..hahahaha

Location hidden

#31614 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
"Those people in New Jersey currently live in complete misery and hopelessness. That is his priority in lashing out."

This is important and I will tell you why. The Commonwealth of New Jersey turned away power company linemen crews from Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and Alabama because they were not unionized workers or union shops.

That in itself alone is enough of a reason for me to say that tough tiddlies Christie, should of thought bout that before the turning away free help. Especially after your main man Nobama said cut all the red tape.

Screw Jersey, screw Christie and maybe his "bromance" will flourish when he switches teams.

Location hidden

#31615 Jan 3, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are saying that working for the end of the Bush tax cuts for people above the $400,000 income is comparable to the wholesale murdering of over 6 million jews?
No, I'm saying that Hitler's hatred of the Jews it's no different than Obama's hatred of capitalism.

Location hidden

#31616 Jan 3, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
What rates do you think the insurance companies would impose for such coverage after Sandy? Probably something unaffordable for most home owners, wouldn't you say?
I would say yes, probably higher than before the storm but that goes back on those who live beyond their means. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't live there.

Location hidden

#31617 Jan 3, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> No, I'm saying that Hitler's hatred of the Jews it's no different than Obama's hatred of capitalism.
It is very different. No capitalists have been mass murdered in America have they? You are reaching for sh*t to make your point based on your intense hatred for Obama.

Location hidden

#31618 Jan 3, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"Those people in New Jersey currently live in complete misery and hopelessness. That is his priority in lashing out."
This is important and I will tell you why. The Commonwealth of New Jersey turned away power company linemen crews from Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and Alabama because they were not unionized workers or union shops.
That in itself alone is enough of a reason for me to say that tough tiddlies Christie, should of thought bout that before the turning away free help. Especially after your main man Nobama said cut all the red tape.
Screw Jersey, screw Christie and maybe his "bromance" will flourish when he switches teams.
Of course reported only by right wing conservative pundits and Fox News that the Alabama Power Companies deny.

Location hidden

#31619 Jan 3, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure if all of the pork were cut from the bill it would've passed already. I see that as being responsible, don't you?
I also find it ironic that the most liberal areas of every state that suffers a disaster are the ones who cry for federal assistance, NY, NJ, NO,(those who rely on govt), but conservative areas like Tex, Ok, Ka, Mo, take care of themselves,(those who are self reliant).

Location hidden

#31620 Jan 3, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure if all of the pork were cut from the bill it would've passed already. I see that as being responsible, don't you?
I also find it ironic that the most liberal areas of every state that suffers a disaster are the ones who cry for federal assistance, NY, NJ, NO,(those who rely on govt), but conservative areas like Tex, Ok, Ka, Mo, take care of themselves,(those who are self reliant).
Did any of those states on your 'self reliant' list receive any FEMA assistance?

Location hidden

#31621 Jan 3, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very different. No capitalists have been mass murdered in America have they? You are reaching for sh*t to make your point based on your intense hatred for Obama.
The murder of actual people, no. The murder of hundreds of thousands of jobs, if not millions, through higher taxes, regulations, the inability to compete against the govt on an unlevel paying field, etc..., you betcha!

Location hidden

#31622 Jan 3, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Did any of those states on your 'self reliant' list receive any FEMA assistance?
I'm sure they did, my point is they didn't sit around and whine about how long it took the assistance to arrive like in NJ & NO. They took care of themselves and when the money came in, it came in.

Location hidden

#31623 Jan 3, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course reported only by right wing conservative pundits and Fox News that the Alabama Power Companies deny.
To be technical, they weren't turned around. They were told they could work as long as they agreed to temporarily join the union in order to work in NJ.

http://www.politickernj.com/60797/alabama-pow...

This requirement meant that the AL power crews would have to contribute union dues, pension fees, etc...while working in NJ, a requirement that they decided against.
And you wonder why these people in NJ are still waiting on assistance!

Location hidden

#31624 Jan 3, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my man, listen to her. Hopefully she will be smart enough for both of you. Mine is for me. Glad she tolerates me..hahahaha
Silver, I hope everything works out great for you, your wife, and friends moving with you. Actually our best friends are going with us and we have no idea how long we'll stay, we just know we're going. Paperwork and phone calls is big job and nothing gets done in a hurry. I spent about 3 hours on the phone yesterday trying to coordinate a short visit for us in the next couple months. Waiting for the last check that was supposedly mailed out on 12/31 to get here and we're all liquidated. Living out of boxes right now is driving me insane, but hey it's worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zirconia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Totally New You Personal Training Wed Becky Batson 1
POPEYES fried chicken fast food.... Sep 14 Iceangel 1
Terrace Gardens Subdivision Sep 13 Iceangel 1
WNCA adopts new faith-based advocacy program Aug 27 sploogehead nopants 1
Howard Gap Aug '14 Stretched Thin 4
Jarrod mcpeters Aug '14 TTT 1
Carolina Toyata Jul '14 lawful Citizen 2
•••
•••
•••