|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

To whom it may concern:
I attended the June 5, 2012 City Council meeting and listened to a presentation by two individuals interested in moving a business into Zion. The presentation was very well done and showed true enthusiasm for the potential within the Zion area.
It was also mentioned that 5-10 people would be employed with the goal of expanding beyond. It was stated that no retail sales would occur and that it would be a production type business only.
The response that was given by several members of the City Council was both insulting and without merit as a business plan was not even provided.
Help me understand how this works in Zion, Invest millions in a risky baseball venture and that warrants full support. Allow construction and modification of a building prior to issuing any Permits for a Haunted House venture (With strong opposition from the community) but based on a 5 minute presentation several members will never vote for it.
Please do me a favor as a tax paying citizen in this community! Donít vote on my behalf !
Letís not send a message to other businessís that may be interested in relocating that we do not wait to see their business plans before we cast a dissenting vote.
SAD

Lake Zurich, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

zion is supposed to be a very religious town. If there really is a god , zion is about to be stricken by lighting and will burn like gasoline. What a sad bunch of lieing, cheating, self serving heathens. Maybe a bribe or payoff would make a business more interesting to the zion council.
Zion

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

patster wrote:
To whom it may concern:
I attended the June 5, 2012 City Council meeting and listened to a presentation by two individuals interested in moving a business into Zion. The presentation was very well done and showed true enthusiasm for the potential within the Zion area.
It was also mentioned that 5-10 people would be employed with the goal of expanding beyond. It was stated that no retail sales would occur and that it would be a production type business only.
The response that was given by several members of the City Council was both insulting and without merit as a business plan was not even provided.
Help me understand how this works in Zion, Invest millions in a risky baseball venture and that warrants full support. Allow construction and modification of a building prior to issuing any Permits for a Haunted House venture (With strong opposition from the community) but based on a 5 minute presentation several members will never vote for it.
Please do me a favor as a tax paying citizen in this community! Donít vote on my behalf !
Letís not send a message to other businessís that may be interested in relocating that we do not wait to see their business plans before we cast a dissenting vote.
The city leadership (I use that term sparingly) of zion in all it's glory has let the residents down once more. Rebuffing a chance for job growth, again??? Not new business friendly is definitely the reputation that is starting to settle in on Zion !!!
The mayor won't let a beer bottling company that will NOT have retail sales, function and provide jobs in zion, however he allows walmart to have pre-mixed alcohol drinks hanging on a hook at the checkout line!! Sweet !!! Makes total sense ( pose for another pic mayor).

Dripping with scarasm ------> Say thanks to the mayor zion residents......

Thanks mayor ..... and please, continue to keep new growth and jobs out of zion, after all who wants opportunity when we've got baseball, oh no !!!!! I forgot we don't have baseball do we? but we are STILL paying for it, not to mention the giant lawsuit that came with it !!

Thanks mayor ......ugh !!!
Surprise

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

Judged:

Point well made folks, there is not ONE council member that deserves to remain. These self rightous, self serving morons are out of touch. They are paid more than any community for its size in Illinois, they have paid insurance, paid pensions, monthley stipends, etc. if any group deserved a recall its them. I challange every resident to drive the alleys and streets of the entire town, look and see what they have let our neighborhoods become. Slumlords run our town.
Red Bay

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Thanks Patster, a sad state indeed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Zion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Zion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••