$287,000 federal grant to move Zillah...

$287,000 federal grant to move Zillah's Teapot Dome into town

There are 2 comments on the Tacoma News Tribune story from Nov 4, 2010, titled $287,000 federal grant to move Zillah's Teapot Dome into town. In it, Tacoma News Tribune reports that:

A plan to move Zillah's historic Teapot Dome gas station into town - where it would become a visitors center – is slated to get rolling next spring, thanks to a $287,000 federal grant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tacoma News Tribune.

Since: Oct 10

United States

#1 Nov 10, 2010
You gotta be kidding me. The teapot is real nice and all but 300k from the fed. I guess as a transplant to the area I dont appreciate the cultural significance the Tea Pot represents.
smiley

Underwood, WA

#2 Nov 11, 2010
money that can be used in other important things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zillah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Ruby Smith (Castilleja) (Dec '08) Jun '16 ChildHoodFriend 90
Wendy Gatlin Toppenish (Jun '08) Apr '16 Bobbie 30
Roy sailor (Nov '08) Apr '16 Mark 3
News Sunnyside Gang Member Found Guilty in Court (Feb '09) Mar '16 FREE 2DO WAT I PL... 68
News Washington farmers are dumping unprofitable apples (Jun '15) Dec '15 lavon affair 3
Toppenish City Hall (Sep '10) Oct '15 jaspls 3
Grass Roots of Yakima Valley: our homegrown hat... (Jul '10) Aug '15 Anonymous 6

Zillah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Zillah Mortgages