House of Representatives -- Member Ri...

House of Representatives -- Member Richard Nugent: FRUSTRATION!

Posted in the Zephyrhills Forum

Ted Laven

Inverness, FL

#1 Aug 6, 2011
Frustration!

I participated in a “town hall” arranged by our 5th District US Representative in Zephyrhills on Friday.

I’m frustrated that he took over 45 minutes of the hour to proselytize his politics before he open the floor to questions.

I’m frustrated that the town hall was billed as wanting to hear our concerns and issues, but only permitted questions while stressing “no comments.”

I’m frustrated that he wouldn’t address the reasons for the national debt so that we could better understand the reasons for his voting record.

I’m frustrated that “facts” were not part of the discussion, only political rhetoric.

I’m frustrated that he pointed his finger at the Senate as the root of all problems since “they” would not defer to the House. It’s always “their” fault.

I’m frustrated at the “politics as usual” approach to managing our country while we have real work to do.

I’m frustrated at the reiterated “no compromise” position to working with others in Washington.

I’m frustrated that his responses to 3 different recent emails on specific subjects were word-for-word identical and didn’t address any of the issues.

Most of all after 42 years of service to our country I’m frustrated at being treated as a subject rather than a constituent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zephyrhills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clearwater Council defends meetings with Church... Thu Getout 1
News Clearwater delays purchase of land in downtown Mar 16 Getout 1
beware of group Mar 14 gatorman 1
BEWARE of Comfort Cover Systems (Mar '12) Mar 13 anncsm 12
Lawyer Mar 12 Interested 2
News Wife of Florida man accused in theater shooting... Mar 10 Kara 2
Review: The Chowder House Restaurant - Zephyrhills (Sep '10) Mar 3 greg 21

Zephyrhills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance