Sexual battery suspect sought in Zeph...

Sexual battery suspect sought in Zephyrhills

There are 58 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Jun 2, 2008, titled Sexual battery suspect sought in Zephyrhills. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

Zephyrhills, Florida Police are looking for a man they say allegedly attacked a woman in his home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bubba Watcher

Altamonte Springs, FL

#47 Jun 5, 2008
Good post, KSZ.
Betty

Saint Petersburg, FL

#48 Jun 5, 2008
He was not a creep! he was a good guy & it was his wife not a friend of his.
Bubba Watcher

Altamonte Springs, FL

#49 Jun 5, 2008
Bubba Watcher

Altamonte Springs, FL

#50 Jun 5, 2008
yahoo search: zephyrhills local news
Bubba Watcher

Altamonte Springs, FL

#51 Jun 5, 2008
To mods: was follow-up material to complete the rest of the story, of original story that brought about this thread in Topix, not trying to step on peoples toe's, thank you.
Danielle

Denver, NC

#52 Jun 6, 2008
What ever happend to pursuemed innocent until proven GUILTY !!! This man never evan had a chance for a trial, and you are hearing allegations on one side of this. I am all about justice but he was NOT found guilty by his peers. May his soul rest where it may. By the way I am from Z-hills and am ashamed at the remarks that my fellow towns people have made about someone that they have never met!!!!!!
Bubba Watcher

Altamonte Springs, FL

#53 Jun 6, 2008
"...innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW." is how it is said.

Unless he was murdered, the indication of what was found is that he found his own self guilty and took his own chance for a trial away from him self.

He took his own opportunity to tell his own side of the story from himself.

Don't blame others for something they had no control over.

What ever remarks have, and will be made about him, could not and would not have ever been made if it were not for of HIS actions, so if you must play the blame game place the blame where it belongs.
family and friend

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#54 Jun 6, 2008
I just wanted to say that I am very upset about some of the comments being made. Most of you did not know him and don't know the person he was outside of this incident. He was a very good person and many people love him very much. I understand how people can say the things that they are saying, but they need to understand that people like me have to read and hear these things and it is hard enough to deal with what is at hand. I support people saying there opinions but In this situation It should be in a proper fashion. People think they are standing up for the victom but really they are making it worse. If the victom was his wife like it is being reported you have to understand that she did love him, and now has to raise their children alone. And when you post such comments it will only make it harder for her and her kids and richies family. I am in no way defending what he did or the pain that he has caused to me and so many others, I can not even say what really happend because I was not in that house with them and neither were any you. But I can say I loved him very much and he will be dearly missid. And I hope that none of you ever have such a horriable tregedy happen in your family, and god forbid if you do I hope that it is all over the media and people take it apon themselves to judge you and your family.
family and friend

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#55 Jun 6, 2008
about my post before.... I ment to say " I hope it is NOT all over the media!!!! I don't wish anything bad on anybody!!
Bubba Watcher

Altamonte Springs, FL

#56 Jun 6, 2008
'family and friend',

you want sympathy and understanding from the posters and readers

yep, your last sentence really helped your situation
family and friend

Centralia, IL

#57 Jun 6, 2008
babba watcher,
first of all I never said I wanted sympathy from anyone. and second of all I really don't know what you mean by my last sentence really helped my situation. and again no one is asking anyone to understand what was done, all I am saying is he was someones' son, father, brother, uncle, cousin and people need to keep that in mind when posting things. like I said before I am in no way defending the things that he did, and I'm not asking anyone look past what he did, but his family are good people and we are suffering enough without haveing to hear what everyone else thinks about him. Because no matter what he is still our family and we will always love him. with that being said all I have left to say is god is the only one that has a right to judge.
Steve

Ansonia, CT

#58 Jun 6, 2008
As Americans, we believe the accused are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. None of you know enough to make judgments; you're ignorance is pitiful!
Bubba Watcher

Altamonte Springs, FL

#59 Jun 7, 2008
family and friend wrote:
babba watcher, I really don't know what you mean by my last sentence really helped my situation.
"family and friend",

When I typed the afore mentioned comment, post #54 was the last post shown, when I hit 'post comment', post #55 came up on the screen at the same time as post #56. Had post #55 already been on the screen at the time I read #54, I would not have posted #56, there would have then been no need to.

P.S., Bubba is spelled with a 'u', thank you.:)

AS I told some other people a long time ago on here with a simular situation going on, this is a public 'open' forum, not a private forum just for people to hear just what they want to hear, only. It is also not just for bereived families and friends.

I am sorry for your loss as I would be for any ones personal losses, as I have had my own share of them, but when a 'man' attacks a woman, I have absolutely no sympathy for that person at all.

AS for the children of that person, I would hope what has happened will not be white washed and hidden away from them, as it may well be one of the best lessons,(or at least could be) that their father could have taught them in his whole lifetime. I will leave that for you to concider unless you need for me to make it clearer to you.

B"u"bba Watcher
someone who cares

Palm Harbor, FL

#60 Jun 7, 2008
B "u" bba Watcher...did you mean BEREAVED???
Bubba Watcher

Altamonte Springs, FL

#61 Jun 7, 2008
someone who cares wrote:
B "u" bba Watcher...did you mean BEREAVED???
Could be!:)
aquaintants in z-hills

Apopka, FL

#62 Jun 7, 2008
i have been reading everyones comments for a couple of days now.the only victims here are the kids!!! i knew the women on a personal
leval,i cant say she got what she deserves but she put richie though hell,he was a good husband,good father.they could of had the world together. but she didnt want to settle down and be a mother an a wife.i believe that if she wasnt such a drama queen they wouldnt of had so many problems.thing would of not turn out so bad! if she didnt want to be with him she should of walked away!!!
I knew him

Riverview, FL

#63 Jun 11, 2008
I am shocked and dismayed about this situation. I grew up with Richie and his twin and not in my wildest nightmares did I imagine this person capable of such horrific acts. Having said that, you never know what someone is capable of in the heat of the moment. Noone will ever know the absolute truth. Noone will know if drugs or intoxicants were involved. One thing is for certain, suicide is a one-way ticket to hell, the unforgivable sin, and it is just sad... sad that this happened to all parties involved. His family must be devastated. His victim, will suffer for the rest of her life. A lesson should be learned: you never know what a person is capable of. Be safe, think smart, this is a cruel world we live in.
anonymous

United States

#64 Jun 16, 2012
KSZ wrote:
Hey Erin, seems like you should take your own advice. He raped and beat and held her against her will the day that she reported it. She had to CONVINCE him that she would return in order to get out of the house to report it. Not 2 weeks later.
Anyone in Zephyrhills knows the hynes boys and the trouble that they can be...
Hmm, the family defending Richie also fails to mention that they worked together to hide him from the police at the family business in land o lakes. They knew where he was and didn't share their information. Had they not interfered, he could possibly still be alive, either in prison, or in a mental institution. Cuz anyone who could do that to a woman is definately a sick, sick person.
I feel bad for the REAL victims in this situation... His wife, the one who was abused and still has to deal with the death of her first love, no matter how emotionally and physically abusive he was, and the kids who lost their father, and richies family for losing a family member. Not Richie. Suicide is a cowards way out and leaves the people who love you the most to pick up the pieces. If you do something like this, you should be man enough to face the music.
I cane believe all this...no one hid him at the other store his dad and brother went looking for him when they found out the police were looking for him and couldn't find him at the land o lakes store and they left..then his brother found him in the woods the next day...I was there thru it all and know the story...u obviously didn't know Richie or what was going on when this all happened....please get your stories straight...everyone n let him rest in peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zephyrhills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Areas to avoid in Clearwater (Jul '10) 15 hr Bdub 64
Child Support Evasion (Dec '11) Jun 27 Hot in Clearwater 6
Anybody know a Jackie Burrus? Jun 26 Kristy 1
Review: Clear Harbor Apartments (Aug '09) Jun 26 coffeechick02 116
i need a good locksmith Jun 21 michalestapprb95 4
steve folwell (Jul '12) Jun 19 Kentucky 2
News Detective appeals firing (Aug '08) Jun 16 Jacob 134
More from around the web

Zephyrhills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE