Parents Allege Anti-Gay Bullying Led ...

Parents Allege Anti-Gay Bullying Led to Fla. Student's Attempted Suicide

There are 28 comments on the EDGE story from May 24, 2012, titled Parents Allege Anti-Gay Bullying Led to Fla. Student's Attempted Suicide. In it, EDGE reports that:

Parents of 18-year-old Zachery Gray say that bullying from his fellow classmates was the reason why their son tried to take his own life last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BS Detector

Panorama City, CA

#21 May 25, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a real pos.
He actually makes a reasonable point.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#22 May 25, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
I knew you couldn't support your silliness. You always try to blame school personnel who oversee thousands of kids each day and ignore the parents who only have a child or two to care for.
When did I blame any personnel? I say the blame falls about half on the knuckle-draggers that CAUSE the bullying, and about half on THEIR parents, who more than likely exhibit the exact same behavior at home, both in reinforcing which targets are acceptable, as well as victimizing THEIR OWN KIDS, who pass their frustrations onto others.
Honest AbeL wrote:
Who do you think is more likely to notice changes in eating habits, sleeping habits, and mood swings?
When a teacher is TOLD what's going on, and does NOTHING, this is NOT a failure to "notice".

And, oh yeah, changes in eating habits, sleeping habits, and mood swings are REALLY going to stand out among TEENAGERS, who display these emotional ranges twice a day.
Honest AbeL wrote:
You would notice these changes in your cat so why would you give these parents a pass?
Why do you give the BULLIES a pass? When the parents DO take their issues to the school administration, and nothing happens, is it STILL their fault? Is it EVER the fault of people who use violence to communicate?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#23 May 25, 2012
Did you even read the article? That is what it is about. The parents are attempting to blame the school but their contact with the school is after the fact.
Most teens are actually very structured and slight changes are obvious.
I didn't give anybody a pass I simply discussed the article which you haven't
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I blame any personnel? I say the blame falls about half on the knuckle-draggers that CAUSE the bullying, and about half on THEIR parents, who more than likely exhibit the exact same behavior at home, both in reinforcing which targets are acceptable, as well as victimizing THEIR OWN KIDS, who pass their frustrations onto others.
<quoted text>
When a teacher is TOLD what's going on, and does NOTHING, this is NOT a failure to "notice".
And, oh yeah, changes in eating habits, sleeping habits, and mood swings are REALLY going to stand out among TEENAGERS, who display these emotional ranges twice a day.
<quoted text>
Why do you give the BULLIES a pass? When the parents DO take their issues to the school administration, and nothing happens, is it STILL their fault? Is it EVER the fault of people who use violence to communicate?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#24 May 25, 2012
"I have to be honest; I think itís ludicrous," Ray Kaplan, a sociologist and retired professor at the University of South Florida, told the news station. "I would say the vast majority of bullying is even unknown to the schools," he added. "Not only at that school, but at every school, itís a widespread phenomenon."

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#25 May 25, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
Did you even read the article? That is what it is about. The parents are attempting to blame the school but their contact with the school is after the fact.
Most teens are actually very structured and slight changes are obvious.
I didn't give anybody a pass I simply discussed the article which you haven't
<quoted text>
Where do you get that teenagers are structured? Their brains aren't even finished growing until late teens and early twenties. Teenagers are impulsive and moody. A moody teenager is nothing unusual and isn't an indication that they were showing signs of depression and suicide. If you're going to blame any parents, blame the ones who raised the little punks to be the way they are.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#26 May 26, 2012
I got it from the experience of raising children. Anyone who has a child and doesn't recognize that they are on the verge of killing themselves is an idiot who doesn't spend enough time with them
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get that teenagers are structured? Their brains aren't even finished growing until late teens and early twenties. Teenagers are impulsive and moody. A moody teenager is nothing unusual and isn't an indication that they were showing signs of depression and suicide. If you're going to blame any parents, blame the ones who raised the little punks to be the way they are.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#27 May 26, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
I got it from the experience of raising children. Anyone who has a child and doesn't recognize that they are on the verge of killing themselves is an idiot who doesn't spend enough time with them
<quoted text>
Have any of your children ever contemplated suicide?
Crystal Long

Needham Heights, MA

#28 May 31, 2013
Honest AbeL wrote:
I would blame the parents for their inability to recognize and help their son, but why take personal responsibility when you can blame others?
Hey jack a$$ do you know zachery or his parents? Then you should shut your pie hole! Did you even read the article? It was happening at school and they knew about it and did NOTHING! What was Sissy suppose to do go into the school and deal with those punks herself? You have no idea what the hell your talking about or anything about that family so close your mouth. They are good people and they are the victims here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zephyrhills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church (sic) of scientology is running ads "Sto... 13 hr BizzyBee 6
News Cops: Florida woman fatally shoots carjacker Mon Jose 2
News Why Does John Travolta Live in Ocala, Fla.? (Jan '09) Oct 19 indict AIPAC 69
Church (sic) of scientology is RACIST! Oct 19 indict TOM MARINO 5
What is the best room in the house for Tile Walls? Oct 18 KSWholesaleTile 1
HARVEY WEINSTIEN is Clearwater's NEWEST sciento... Oct 10 Reality Speaks 1
LEAH REMINI is coming for JUSTICE! Oct 9 Bizzy Bee 1

Zephyrhills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Zephyrhills Mortgages