New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Judged:

If you want fresh seafood in a clean, friendly atmosphere and at a very reasonable price, you need to visit The Chowder House while in the Tampa area. The portions are enormous and the food is delicious. The service is outstanding. It's just like eating in Maine, Cape Cod, and many New England restaurants. They have something on the menu for all tastes. And, everything is cooked fresh. Will definitely go back again!!!
Dave Riffel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

Judged:

Prior to our return to Canada late March of this year, we had the opportunity of eating at this restaurant shortly after it opened. We enjoyed the ambiance, the food and the staff very much. A definate positive recommendation to anyone who likes seafood.
Z hills

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

I did not have a good experience at the Chowder House. The service was terrible, the food took forever and when it finally arrived it was cold. Then less than 15 minutes later I had severe abdominal cramping.:( Would not recommend at all.
Bangor Maine

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

Best seafood in Zephyrhills hands down. Great service and a comfortable atmosphere. I took my wife for our anniversary and we couldn't have felt more special. We can spot the real seafood and you can't get it anywhere else in town.
patty

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

Our friends, my husband and I had dinner there last night. Not only was the waitress top notch, but the food was also top notch. So sorry that we haven't been going there since we came here in Nov. We're leaving next week for home and on way home from restaurant we decided that we had to go again before we leave for home. We with the new business much success while we're away up north for the summer,and look forward to frequenting there next year when we return back to Zephyrhills.
Ruth

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

My all time favorite place to eat. The almond crusted haddock is to die for. But everything is great, and if you're not a seafood person, they have delicious pasta dishes too. I would recommend this restaurant very highly.
Jessica Chandler

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

This restaurant is awful. There are roaches running around and the employees do nothing but sit outside and smoke. We sent our food back and decided to just take the left overs home and feed it to our dogs. A couple of our friends went shortly after us and they got food posioned and found a hair in their food. I was NOT recommed this restaurant. half a mile down the road a restaurant called Maine-ly New England is much better and has much better service and food all around. During the season they have music and fun activities and just a great environment. Chowder house is just awful.
Jeff Smith

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

restaurant is awful!!! got food posioned and was in the hospital for days! should have sued but too nice of a person...do not reccommend to anyone!!
Janice

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

My husband and I visited The Chowder House for lunch. A charming young man served us rich, thick cups of (yum-yum) Maine Clam Chowder and delicious Po-Boy Pollack sandwiches. Good food at reasonable prices with friendly, efficient service. very pleasant experience for us. Will definitely be back.
dave smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

service was excellent, and so was the food, and served in a timely manor,
Jason B

Fruitland Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Judged:

I use to work at the Chowder House and left after being emotionally tourtured by the owner. Everyone is always walking on egg shells and the owner is nothing but smoke and mirrors. The kitchen is run very poorly and cleaning is not a top priority. All of the seafood is frozen and he only buys the cheapest of everything. He markets well but its all a big lie. Chowder from a can and more roaches than you can shake a stick at. Very over priced and the dining room smells like an old bar like it use to be. Many people with abdominal cramps.... beware.
Cathy

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

Loved the Chowder House lots on your plate, friendly atmostphere. We were visiting from Canada
Harold King

Bartow, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

had the pleasure of meeting a beautiful young lady the other day while my wife and I were outside Mainely New England waiting for our table. She had stopped to take some pictures of the restaurant which had been opened by her Father and was his pride and joy for over 15 years. What I learned affected me so deeply that I had to find a way to share it. The 2 men who own this restaurant did not come by it through hard work or their own ideas. They stole it from this sweet little lady breaking her heart in the process. These 2 fellas did one of the dirtiest things I've heard of in a long, long time. One was her husband and the other was her best friend of many years.They are the owners of this Chowder House. Neither of them knew anything about the restaurant business and still wouldn't if it weren't for this gal. She had grown up her entire life in the restaurant business. Her Dad owned restaurants since she was a small child. She worked alongside him her whole life learning everything she needed to open her own restaurant and make it a success. Her Father opened Mainely in the 80's and she got her friend a job there and even gave him a place to live so he could move down here. The other fella is now her ex husband and he's not even from New-England. She had her Dad teach them both how to cook and in the 90's she opened the Yankee Chowder house that used to be on 301.It fulfilled her life long dream. Her mistake was bringing these two along with her. They stole everything she had and didn't give her one red cent. If you could see the pain in this ladies eyes it would probably make you cry. It did me and I'm an old Mainiac. Imagine having your best friend and your husband or wife turn on you and take away your greatest source of pride and accomplishment. Stealing everything from you in the process. They stole the name from her, the menu and all her Fathers recipes. They even stole her pictures and decorations many of which were gifts from her customers that held great sentimental meaning to her. They copied everything that was hers and then tried to pass it off as their own while she was literally left destitute. She is such a sweet gal too. She's a good Maine girl who made the mistake of trusting the wrong people! She has been left with nothing while these two are making money off of her and her Father who has since died. he had a heart attack when these two opened this restaurant. It no doubt killed him to see his daughters and his lifes work so unscrupulously stolen right out from under them. It ain't right. That's for damn sure. She can't open her restaurant again because it's been taken from her. It doesn't surprise me that the place isn't doing well. These two obviously don't have a drop of decency or a speck of moral character. After reading some of these reviews and eating there myself a few times it's evident that they are not doing a very good job of running the place. It's easy to not care about something that you didn't work for or earn. When you steal something from someone it's not a source of pride. It's all about greed and money. Sad what they took from this little gal. She has nothing now. I think all us Mainers should boycott this joint and force it to close so this gal can have her life back. She deserves it. She was robbed and betrayed by the two people closest to her so they could make a quick buck off her hard work. Wrong, wrong, wrong. She's one pretty girl but the pain in her eyes is so clear and so sad. My heart just aches for her. Harold King. Waterville, Maine and Zephyrhills, Fla
Ed Bruce

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

The last time I ate here, the creamed seafood pasta dish I was served had been scalded and reeked of burnt taste and aroma. They had tried a rookie trick to cover it up by added sugar to it. Any chef worth a dime knows better. They acted as if I had come in just to cause trouble. I left it uneaten, minus one bite, yet they charged me full price for my last meal in this dump!
John and Kevin

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

When they're not closed for the summer we eat there at least once a week. That tells you something right there. We have never,never had a bad meal. The prices are right and service is good and friendly. The bad part is that they closed for this past summer. There is nowhere we would rather go for seafood than the Chowder House in Zephyrhills.
Local Patron

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

This is a VERY good restaurant, clean, well managed, with excellent food. There is wide variety on the menu, all delicious. The staff is generally good, with the exception of one waitress that we avoid. She always seems to have a bad day, which ruins our dining experience, so AVOID the short, dark haired, sharp faced waitress. My wife and I really enjoy the food and especially the nice young man who works in different areas, wait staff, kitchen, etc. He, alone, is a draw for us. We go often and enjoy the specials as well as the regular menu.
Hot Rods from Ohio

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Travel to Zephyrhills twice a year as a vendor at the local car show. Came across Chowder House on Google. I am from New England originally and live in Ohio, where you don't get real seafood. I noticed real clams on the menu and could not believe it! We tried both clam chowders, fried clams and seafood platter. This was the best seafood meal we have ever had! Every piece of food had its own delicious taste! Even the cole slaw was the best! Wonderful service and pleasant decor. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Zephyrhills area.
STEVE ELLIOTT

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

THE FOOD WAS AMAZINGLY GOOD WELL PERPARED AND THE CHEIF SEMMINGLY KNEW HOW TO DO HIS JOB. THANKS FOR THE FINE DINNING.. MY COMPLEMENTS TO THE CHEIF..
STEVE ELLIOTT

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

The food was amazing my complements to the cheif
Harvey M

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

I've never been there and love the place because someone that lives in z hills hates the place. I'm going there right now because everybody I talked to where I live in z hills says the place is fantastic. Sounds like another case of you can't believe everything you read on the internet, especially if a competitor is slamming another local business to keep people from going there. I have abdominal cramping after reading a negative post that is not sensible. My advice is to go try it for yourself and then make your own decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Zephyrhills Discussions

Search the Zephyrhills Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Has anyone heard the case about the family the ... (Mar '06) 54 min Shelby Lynn Davis 31
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 6 hr Panamaed 2,634
Clearwater Police Nazi Troops for Scientology 9 hr Steve 3
looking for someone to talk to Sat Ginny 2
arrests for april seventeen Fri margaret fleming 1
Best Easter Brunch Fri Mr Meat Head 1
Areas to avoid in Clearwater (Jul '10) Apr 14 Ray 47
•••
•••
•••
•••

Zephyrhills Jobs

•••
•••