Kings Restaurant
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dagmar

Paducah, KY

#1 Oct 26, 2009
My husband and I drove 15 miles to eat fried chicken in Zeigler only to learn that Walkers had closed. So we went to King's place to have our chicken. It was delicious but one thing bothered me. We have been there twice now and each time we were there the place was nearly empty. There was no music and the people seemed very unfriendly. Are there reasons for this place with so good of food to be empty with hardly any customers? I'd like to hear the reasons so I can determine whether a 15 mile drive would be worth it again.
standingup

Lithonia, GA

#2 Oct 26, 2009
Dagmar wrote:
My husband and I drove 15 miles to eat fried chicken in Zeigler only to learn that Walkers had closed. So we went to King's place to have our chicken. It was delicious but one thing bothered me. We have been there twice now and each time we were there the place was nearly empty. There was no music and the people seemed very unfriendly. Are there reasons for this place with so good of food to be empty with hardly any customers? I'd like to hear the reasons so I can determine whether a 15 mile drive would be worth it again.
some days it is packed, very good food. also michaels is now open where walkers used to be. it is very good as well, still have the same chicken walkers used to have and daily specials. try it out!
local person

Middletown, CA

#3 Oct 26, 2009
Did you happen to drive by Walkers (now called Michaels)? They are open 6 days a week and closed on Sundays. Kings is usually crowded on Fri and Saturday nights. As far as I know Kings hasn't had a juke box in years. Try Michaels one night, they have pretty good food too.
Dagmar wrote:
Dagmar

Paducah, KY

#4 Oct 26, 2009
What about this place? Is it free of dope and trouble? Is it a friendly place and are the owner and his hlep friendly? What kind of a guy is the owner?
CSI

Des Moines, IA

#5 Oct 26, 2009
Micheal's is WONDERFUL. The menu is heavily Italian based, but it has something for everyone. There are nightly specials, including a family night on Wed. with a pizza special. They have kept the Walker's decor on the outside, but have "walled" off the bar area from the restaurant. Fried chicken is on the menu, but the recipe is a just a bit off from the original Kohlar's recipe that became popular at The Den/Walker's/Kings.

Suggestion. If you plan to eat at Micheal's on Tuesday night go early or go late. Tuesday night is chicken wing night and it is packed.
STANDINGUP

Herod, IL

#6 Oct 26, 2009
Dagmar wrote:
What about this place? Is it free of dope and trouble? Is it a friendly place and are the owner and his hlep friendly? What kind of a guy is the owner?
it is family oriented, as csi said, the bar is closed from the rest. the help is friendly. the owner is mike intravai, more popular for his other restaurant, mimos.
Dagmar

Paducah, KY

#7 Oct 27, 2009
I wqs mening the people at Kings. Not Michaels. Is Kings friendly place? Is the owner a nice and friendly man and is the help friendly? That was what I was meaning to ask. What kind of a guy is King?
lived in zeigler 25 years

Cobb, CA

#8 Oct 27, 2009
Dagmar wrote:
I wqs mening the people at Kings. Not Michaels. Is Kings friendly place? Is the owner a nice and friendly man and is the help friendly? That was what I was meaning to ask. What kind of a guy is King?
kenny king is a quiet, nice, old fella. he lives in zeigler and i have never heard anything bad about him. and i think that kings has great food. it may seem unfriendly but it is not the building is just out dated and the crowd it hit and miss.
Dagmar

Paducah, KY

#9 Oct 27, 2009
Any other opinions about King out there?
i fib

Cobb, CA

#10 Oct 28, 2009
Dagmar wrote:
Any other opinions about King out there?
what are you looking for some dirt on Mr King? can't believe that someone might actually have a good rep. in zeigler. well i have no dirt for you and i bet on one else does either. could be wrong, but probably not.
Dagmar

Paducah, KY

#11 Oct 28, 2009
No No No. No dirt. I just did not want to be taking my kids into a drug den. There are so many around you can never be sure about a small place in a small town. Thats all.
littlebit

Danvers, MA

#12 Oct 30, 2009
It's a nice place to go. We enjoy eating there.
fan of Michaels

Marcus Hook, PA

#13 Oct 31, 2009
I luv Michael's as well, King's sucks as far as I'm concerned. But I wanted to correct something in your comment; Wednesday night family night special now is buy one entree, get another free plus one kid under ten can eat free. This just changed, they originally did have pizza.
CSI wrote:
Micheal's is WONDERFUL. The menu is heavily Italian based, but it has something for everyone. There are nightly specials, including a family night on Wed. with a pizza special. They have kept the Walker's decor on the outside, but have "walled" off the bar area from the restaurant. Fried chicken is on the menu, but the recipe is a just a bit off from the original Kohlar's recipe that became popular at The Den/Walker's/Kings.
Suggestion. If you plan to eat at Micheal's on Tuesday night go early or go late. Tuesday night is chicken wing night and it is packed.
zr resident

Des Moines, IA

#14 Oct 31, 2009
if you haven't been to kings but once you need to try it again it is a very nice place the owner is a super nice guy the food is great and the regulars that go thier are friendly and nice people the prices at micheal's are over rated and you can't beat the chicken and fish meals that you get at kings.
Mrs S

Springfield, MO

#15 Nov 1, 2009
I can't say nothing. Cause i do most of my own cooking at home. LOL ! Looks in my empty pockets.
Qwerty

Mattoon, IL

#16 Nov 2, 2009
If you want good fried artery clogging food, Kings is the best. If you want a healthier and delicious meal go to Michael's. They deliver in town almost everything on the menu for a buck! It's been a long time since Zeigler has had such a fine restaurant. I hope the people of Zeigler keep supporting it as much as the out-of-town customers do!
Straight Shot

Paducah, KY

#17 Nov 10, 2009
To all of you who have questioned others about King's place, I'd like to pass on to you what I know about King and his place of business. Kenny King is a good and decent family man who has given too, and helped a lot of people in their time of need. He has been a Zeigler resident practically all his life, and has been a home and property owner who has always contributed and donated to the city and schools for their various programs. Over the years he has taken money from his own pockets and given a lot of people jobs at his business when he really didn't need them, but it was a way for the person to make a few dollars while being unemployed. He is a super nice guy until you try to dick over him, and then you will wish that you had never met him, and if you want to be treated nice by Kenny, then you must treat Kenny nice. His employees are friendly and his place is always clean and the food is of the highest quality and priced for family dining. If people are looking for an original old fashion dinner of fried chicken or fried fish, then all they have to do is make the drive to Zeigler, and they will not be disappointed by going to Kings for supper. As far as people saying that it "sucks," if it was so bad then how has he survived and stayed in business for 20 years while others came on strong and limped out of town as failures. He does not put up with any bull shit from any dirtbags or scumbags or dopers, and has very few bothersome drunks. In all his years of being open, there has never been a cop sent there on a complaint, and that pretty much says a lot for King and his business. People who eat their meals away from home need to get out and support the local guy and help keep the business sucessful.
info

United States

#18 Nov 10, 2009
I have never been to Kings, but I have a friend that swears to me it is the best Fried Chicken he has ever ate.
unknown

Middletown, CA

#19 Nov 10, 2009
Correction: Wed night - Family night. buy one entree and get the second one for 1/2 price. The 2nd one isnt free. Kids 4-10 eat FREE - 1 child per 1 adult dinner. They are still kind of high but their food is good.
fan of Michaels wrote:
I luv Michael's as well, King's sucks as far as I'm concerned. But I wanted to correct something in your comment; Wednesday night family night special now is buy one entree, get another free plus one kid under ten can eat free. This just changed, they originally did have pizza.<quoted text>
Supporter

Marion, IL

#20 Dec 9, 2009
King's chicken is the BEST!! Once you try it, you will never forget it's great taste!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zeigler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sara Wilce aka "Home Wrecker" 42 min funny 5
grade school teachers getting fired (Mar '15) 42 min East main 369
Mariah McFarland 5 hr perfectangel 100
Stephanie Mitchell (May '11) 5 hr Nim 15
Kim Ingoldsby 5 hr Lucky Number Slevin 6
Barbara Tiffin (Aug '09) 7 hr Peg legs ex 10
Poor poor Kimmy 7 hr Lucky Number Slevin 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Zeigler Mortgages