Shame on the ZR School Board!!!!!!

Posted in the Zeigler Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Parent

Marion, IL

#1 Jun 8, 2010
Shame on the ZR School Board for not hiring the most qualified candidate, Mrs. Bailey as the new Elementary/Jr.high Principle . This same school board hired Mr. Blankenship, whom they had to pay an unknown sum of money to rid and quite his legal attempts. These are our tax dollars and it is obvious that this board blatantly ignores the fact that they are incompetent,replaceable and are making important decisions, decisions that directly affect our children. However, there are two board members who do not fall under the irresponsible category. The vote is public record and the only two members who did not vote in favor of hiring Mr.Blyer over Mrs.Bailey was Lisa Young and Chuck Mitroka. I applaud both of them for their decisions and will remember this on the next election and I hope anyone who has children will do the same.
Twister

Carbondale, IL

#2 Jun 8, 2010
Mr. Blankenship was awarded that money because he was under contract and he was wrongfully released - Big mistake by the ZR school board!!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 8, 2010
Oh please. Blankenship got paid plenty for doing absolutely nothing this year. I understand contract buyouts and it was worth it to get rid of him. Mrs. Bailey was the best choice for principal. I spoke to multiple board members myself on her behalf. I heard that Bleyer was passed over for the principal position in Marion where he was the asst principal. hmmmm shouldn't that make us wonder what they didn't like? Nope not ZR; we just continue to hire people that are looking to gain experience on their resume and use us as a stepping stone to a bigger school. Unfortunately, Mrs. Bailey had certain board members against her from the beginning. I believe that they granted her follow up interviews to make it look like they were considering her. If they hired her then the school would have been divided and certain "important" teachers would have been mad. Whatever, I am glad to know that Mitroka and Young voted for Mrs. Bailey and they will have my vote for reelection.
Citizen Kane

Marion, IL

#4 Jun 9, 2010
Vote them all out! They wasted time,energy and money on Mr.Blankenship and now they want us to stand idle and watch them waste more of our time, energy and money on another principle who was not hired by the very district he worked for. Sheesh! Wake up people!
Fed Up

Marion, IL

#5 Jun 9, 2010
Didn't this same board overlook Mrs.Bailey for Mr.Blankenship originally? And if so, then aren't they making the same mistake again? If so, I will not vote for another one of them again!
Twister

Carbondale, IL

#6 Jun 12, 2010
Are Christopher and ZR school districts going to consolidate? This may help eliminate some of the small town politics....

Location hidden

#7 Jun 13, 2010
Zeigler school board meeting is June 21st. I heard that people should attend the meeting for more information about the consolidation.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#8 Jun 14, 2010
If anyone thinks that ZR consolidating with Christopher will eliminate the small town politics....I don't think so. Christopher's school board should be the example of nepotism gone bad ! There are two motivated and dedicated board members out of the bunch. Small town school boards are on the same rung of what is wrong with our government. No fiscal responsibility or effort to have one!
MrRight

Dubuque, IA

#9 Jun 14, 2010
SOS Dif Day wrote:
If anyone thinks that ZR consolidating with Christopher will eliminate the small town politics....I don't think so. Christopher's school board should be the example of nepotism gone bad ! There are two motivated and dedicated board members out of the bunch. Small town school boards are on the same rung of what is wrong with our government. No fiscal responsibility or effort to have one!
Same old story in ZR,WF,JC,Christopher ect... When will everyone get tired of this and vote good people in?
Taxpayer

United States

#10 Jun 23, 2010
Principal Blankenship was wrongfully dismissed and is receiving a large sum of money from the district. It was clear that the superintendent and board didnt support any actions.

Mr. Bleyer wasnt passed over for a position in Marion. He was released in what was being termed a financial maneuver. Thus he went looking for another job. There was talk that he didnt sign a contract due to a disagreement with the superintendent. This was over falsities that the superintendent gave Bleyer in terms of benefits.

If you didnt know the superintendent also had 2 different candidates show up for interviews at 8 am because that is what they were told - only to be told that he meant 8 pm.

Also, how is that ZR Schools employs a teacher who is not certified to be a teacher or even holds a bachelors degree? Once again, poor practice by superintendent and principal. Of course, the entire Board told everyone who they wanted to hire - so blame them all !!

It is pretty clear to see that the superintendent needs to gone !! He is waste of taxpayer money.

As for Ms. Bailey -- you need to check her track record. There are only a few teachers that would support her as she is not respected by many in the school. She is constantly stirring up trouble and rarely completes anything she starts. She also went around school telling everyone she had the job -- OOOOPS ...

It's probably a good thing ZR is wanting to consolidate with Christopher - they put ZR to shame as far as education goes.
concerned parent

Carbondale, IL

#11 Jun 24, 2010
I didint care for Mr.Blankinship he done NOTHING................ to top it off when out of race children go to ZR he done nothing to the kids that made coments. They need to practice what the teach........Black History Month........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm why teach it if it dont hold up we are to teach are kids the right way of life.......................
Twister

Carbondale, IL

#12 Jun 25, 2010
concerned parent wrote:
to top it off when out of race children go to ZR
I thought all children had some "race." What a minute...maybe CONCERNED PARENT meant that children who did not run track were "out of race."...In that case, shame on Mr. Blankenship for discriminating against slower kids. My daughter cannot run very fast either. I am glad she has not started school yet...
ummm

Waterloo, Canada

#14 Jul 6, 2010
Concerned parent needs to learn better English...what in the heck are you trying to say??????? Please, for the sake of your chidren do not ever homeschool...
Whistledick

Ridgewood, NY

#15 Jul 7, 2010
concerned parent wrote:
I didint care for Mr.Blankinship he done NOTHING.......... to top it off when out of race children go to ZR he done nothing to the kids that made coments. They need to practice what the teach........Black History Month........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm why teach it if it dont hold up we are to teach are kids the right way of life..........
"Out of race children"???? Are you kidding me? Holy crap.

How qualified are you to ascertain that Blankenship "did nothing?" Are you an employee? What qualifications does Bailey have that made her the best candidate in your mind? You speak only in generalities with no real substance and seem to think that being "taxpayer" qualifies you for these decisions. I got news for you......we're all taxpayers, including the board members. Your tax dollars aren't worth any more than anyone elses.
Makes you go hmmmmm

Pasadena, MD

#16 Jul 7, 2010
If you think the ramications of consolidation with Christopher won't happen, you better think again. They say property taxes won't go higher, there won't be lost jobs etc. But, you do the math. How will they pay for a new school to be built when the state has told them allready they will NOT give them any money towards it. Yes your taxes will go up, yes your school board will be new. What are you going to do if all the board members are from Christopher? Take a look at their track record........if they had a daughter, mother, father, neice, whoever needs a job they get hired. Just did it again this past board meeting when they hired again the daughter in law of a employee of the high school. That makes 3 from the same immediate family. This Consolidation should never pass.........the kids are the ones they are looking at it's padding their own pockets and if you believe otherwise you would be wise to open your eyes. You won't have small town politics as you know it now, you will have 3 town politics.....with Christopher telling you what you are going to do
Another concerned parent

Pasadena, MD

#17 Aug 18, 2010
I'll forward this to the original poster

"As for Ms. Bailey -- you need to check her track record. There are only a few teachers that would support her as she is not respected by many in the school. She is constantly stirring up trouble and rarely completes anything she starts. She also went around school telling everyone she had the job -- OOOOPS ..."

You see this? Bingo.
know all the facts

Bayside, NY

#18 Aug 29, 2010
Sadly "Another concerned parent" has no idea what they're talking about. I never heard Mrs. Bailey telling anyone she had the job. But it's a small town and people like to gossip. OOOOOPS...You may want to get your facts straight before you post something. But then again you must know everything... More people are and were for her than you know. And this subject is over. The year has started. So please move on like the rest of us have!!! If you are really a CONCERNED PARENT you need to be focusing on the here and now. For both you and your children.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#19 Aug 29, 2010
What are you going to do if all the board members are from Christopher? Take a look at their track record........if they had a daughter, mother, father, neice, whoever needs a job they get hired. Just did it again this past board meeting when they hired again the daughter in law of a employee of the high school. That makes 3 from the same immediate family. This Consolidation should never pass.........the kids are the ones they are looking at it's padding their own pockets and if you believe otherwise you would be wise to open your eyes. You won't have small town politics as you know it now, you will have 3 town politics.....with Christopher telling you what you are going to do

Location hidden

#20 Sep 1, 2010
#1 If Zeigler is stupid enough to agree to a consolidation without securing a division of the school board by voting precincts then they deserve not to hold a place on the board. Other schools have consolidations AND equal representation of each town.
#2 It wouldn't bother me at all if some of our own ZR board was replaced. You talk about Christopher hiring within families, heck look at Zeigler. I know of a couple of families that have husband/wife, mother/child, husband/wife/child all working at the schools. There is even a school board member whose child subs over more qualified subs. That happened all last year.
#3 I don't care if we lose some ZR teachers and Christopher teachers. May the better and more involved teachers win. I am sick of the teachers not going the extra mile for our kids.
#4 I have met and really like our new principal. I hope everyone gives him a nice welcome. My kids really like him too.
Nepotism Anyone

Decatur, IL

#21 Sep 1, 2010
Nepotism is a fact of life, but "PLEASE hire the BEST qualified." The long term affect of hiring less than the most qualified gets you what we have...schools on AEWS (academic early warning status). Both the Zeigler and Christopher HS's are on the warning list !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zeigler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shupes 12 min Geico 16
What's Ole Jason Up To 22 min pitiful 26
Guy at save alot? 28 min AlFrankCan 9
Terri Clower is a loser p.o.s 1 hr Cody 2
the loft- church or cult??? 1 hr logic 92
Jimmy pyles 1 hr James t 21
chickens on my roof 1 hr James 9

Zeigler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance