Got your water & sewer bill? Read you...

Got your water & sewer bill? Read your water meter!

Posted in the Zebulon Forum

Water Meter Madness

Lillington, NC

#1 Nov 1, 2012
Just got my Town of Spring Hope Water, Sewer, Garbage bill. My water usage was shown as 5000 gallons. I decided to read my water meter. First, I had a terrible time just removing the cover because it was covered with dirt and trash. Second, the inside meter was covered with fungus and dirt. Had to get some wet paper towels to clean it so I could read it.

My water bill reading date was 10/20/12 and since that reading (11 days ago) I have used 780 gallons of water. Now, that was about a third of a month (11 days). So, if I multiply that times 3 to get a full month, it comes to about 2340 gallons per month. I was charged for 5000 gallons for the past month, more than twice what I probably used.

Conclusion: It appears the town is not reading the water meters on a regular basis, i.e., monthly. I guess they just pick a usage that suits their needs.

What have we got to do? Town cost going up constantly & total mismanagement of the town. I think it is time to get rid of the Town Manager and the entire Town Council!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zebulon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scootworks? (Jun '14) 1 hr Greg T 13
Youngsville Music Thread Dec 1 Musikologist 4
Amy Shirley? (Jun '12) Nov 20 Guest 59
Searching for Dan Puckett Oct '17 sj_johnson 1
Trying to locate Michael Jerome Lacewell (Jul '11) Sep '17 Hoghead 4
Do you know gary mullins Sep '17 Denny from ky 1
Aimet Technologies Jul '17 Big B 1

Zebulon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance