Hughes Wanted on Murder ...

Hughes Wanted on Murder ...

There are 11 comments on the WHIZ-TV Zanesville story from Sep 4, 2008, titled Hughes Wanted on Murder .... In it, WHIZ-TV Zanesville reports that:

Hughes Wanted on Murder Thu, Sep 04, 2008. 10:07 AM We know know more about John Matthew Hughes, the man suspected in the stabbing death of 53-year-old David Durben.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHIZ-TV Zanesville.

Robert

Monticello, MS

#1 Sep 5, 2008
This guy has been in trouble all his life. He had just been released last year after serving part of a 5 year sentance (15 years, 3 sentances running together) and then was sent back but released on ERC. He should have never been released. His alcohol and drug problems and possible being diagnosed bi-polar have never been properly addressed by the Mississippi Department of Corrections. I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy. It could have been avoided if the State of Mississippi had does it job and kept him locked up where he belonged. Do a search for 86842 or his name at www.mdoc.state.ms.us for details.
WENDY

Pontotoc, MS

#2 Sep 6, 2008
first let me start off by saying to mr durbens family my thoughts and prayers are with your family. i am john matthew hughes sister and i want to set one record straight the mississippi department of corrections was and is well aware that my brother is not only bi polar nut suffers from paranoid schizophernia, my family begged our justice system more than once to send him to mental facility so he could recieve his medication and treatment but instead they put him in general poplulation in prison and didnt give him his medication we have the papers from his psychologist stating his mental illness. now this doesnt make light that a man is gone at his hands but none of my brothers other crimes were ever violent, something is wrong and until he is found no one will know. my family is hurting for mr durbens family and nothing i say can bring him back or change what is done but i am so sorry and i am asking for forgiveness on behalf of my family we all are hurting and i have prayed asking that the lord guide us all in the right direction to walk with this mans family in their time of pain and suffering and my family with theirs.
interesting

Lincoln, NE

#3 Sep 9, 2008
http://www.yorknewstimes.com
John Matthew Hughes is in the York County jail & will be extradited to Ohio.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4 Sep 28, 2008
Wendy, your brother is a numbskull. thx..
christy

Little Rock, AR

#5 Apr 3, 2010
I am john hughes cuz. i just want to say i am sorry to mr durbens family. i cryed when i find out what he did. i thank about what he did to yall all the time.
Carmen

UK

#6 Mar 24, 2011
kdev, the woman had nothing to do with it and is trying to appologise for her ill brother's actions. He is paying for it. She is paying for it, the families of those killed by him are paying for it. You try and understand yourself - and shut up.
ali

Flint, UK

#7 Jun 24, 2012
WENDY wrote:
first let me start off by saying to mr durbens family my thoughts and prayers are with your family. i am john matthew hughes sister and i want to set one record straight the mississippi department of corrections was and is well aware that my brother is not only bi polar nut suffers from paranoid schizophernia, my family begged our justice system more than once to send him to mental facility so he could recieve his medication and treatment but instead they put him in general poplulation in prison and didnt give him his medication we have the papers from his psychologist stating his mental illness. now this doesnt make light that a man is gone at his hands but none of my brothers other crimes were ever violent, something is wrong and until he is found no one will know. my family is hurting for mr durbens family and nothing i say can bring him back or change what is done but i am so sorry and i am asking for forgiveness on behalf of my family we all are hurting and i have prayed asking that the lord guide us all in the right direction to walk with this mans family in their time of pain and suffering and my family with theirs.
I understand what you are saying about your brother if his illness had been treated this tragedy may not have happened, John was let down by the system in the USA... I have watched his interview and it is so very sad, I do not believe he is some serial killer and a believer in the anti Christ the press write a lot of untruths, it is very sad a man, 2 men were killed this may have beeen prevented......I am in the uk AM WRITING A BOOK I wish to write to your brother is he in Ohio?

Since: Dec 12

Gig Harbor, WA

#8 Dec 12, 2012
Ali, did you write matt?

Since: Dec 12

Gig Harbor, WA

#9 Jan 28, 2013
I personally think that well, yes he deserve to be in prison but not rest of his life, everyone need second chance. He is messed up altho i feel sorry for him and i am afraid for him. He isnt evil, i know that.
Sandra mallery

Fredericton, Canada

#11 Apr 15, 2014
John if you are able to read this contact me at sandramallery@ yahoo.com . I would like to be your friend and get to know you. I am from Canada! And would love to hear from ya! Thanks,
Sandra!
Diane1369

San Francisco, CA

#12 Jan 12, 2015
WENDY wrote:
I'm sorry for the pain you and your family are going thru I hope everyone finds peace. I saw the document and felt so bad for your brother he clearly has mental issues. what happen to he's girlfriend did she go free ? Where is he right now ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zanesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who knows a man name dizzle???? Aug 29 Wondering 1
Zanesville Music Emporium (Oct '12) Aug 7 Musikologist 12
Nurse Vicky Wilson Aug 5 Ztown69 9
News Krouskoupf Sentenced to 7 Years in Prison Jul '15 Hopeful 1
Advice, Life Lessons, & Experience Jul '15 being myself 1
Greenwood cemetery Jul '15 Sammy S 1
Any Females want to date a couple? Jun '15 River rat 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Zanesville Mortgages