Fatal Crash Closes Portion Of I-70 Ea...

Fatal Crash Closes Portion Of I-70 East Near Zanesville | WBNS-10TV...

There are 104 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jun 9, 2010, titled Fatal Crash Closes Portion Of I-70 East Near Zanesville | WBNS-10TV.... In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A portion of Interstate 70 east near Zanesville is closed as crews work to clear a multiple vehicle crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
mel

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 9, 2010
WOW
Mimi

Craigsville, VA

#2 Jun 9, 2010
mel wrote:
WOW
Yeah. I'm sitting here on I-70 for an hour now. But too bad about the death.
MaryFrantic

United States

#3 Jun 9, 2010
I was thinking that the road was clear with no intersections along there. Wonder what happened? This is so sad.
Mimi

Craigsville, VA

#4 Jun 9, 2010
MaryFrantic wrote:
I was thinking that the road was clear with no intersections along there. Wonder what happened? This is so sad.
Word is out here on I-70 can't move anything till coroner gets here. They're telling us could be hours.
dnolan

Lima, OH

#8 Jun 9, 2010
It really could be several hours to. I was on my way home a few years back on 70 and there was a fatal accident up ahead. I sat for 3 hours and 45 minutes waiting on the road to be cleared and the coroner to get there.
Joey

United States

#7 Jun 9, 2010
4 people died
Teresa

Waterford, OH

#9 Jun 9, 2010
All 5 passengers in a car that was traveling westbound, crossed the median, struck a minivan (1 injured, 1 well), died.
brooke

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 9, 2010
Zanesville news is reporting 5 dead. God please be with these families.
JNL

Columbus, OH

#12 Jun 9, 2010
truly a tragedy, thoughts and prayers with the families involved.
JoeR

Kansas City, MO

#13 Jun 9, 2010
Been struck in this for 2 hours, about 1 mile from accident, finally signs of an attempt to move traffic accross to west bound lanes however thats behind me so think we are still sutck a while.
Yikes

United States

#14 Jun 9, 2010
First of all, my heart goes out to the families involved.

second .. someone please tell me what kind of car this was.... I never want to buy one!!
a car with 5 passengers and no fire.. and they are all dead?? that is crazy, the car must have been made of paper! either that or they were not wearing seatbelts
cars

Columbus, OH

#16 Jun 9, 2010
Yikes wrote:
second .. someone please tell me what kind of car this was.... I never want to buy one!!
a car with 5 passengers and no fire.. and they are all dead?? that is crazy, the car must have been made of paper! either that or they were not wearing seatbelts
Any smaller car going up against a van in a head on collision on the freeway, when both vehicles are going at least 65, isn't going to fair well.....
JoeR

Kansas City, MO

#17 Jun 9, 2010
I 70 east is now closed at SR 13, massive traffic on 70, SR13 and US40, highly reccomend exiting at SR79 if east bound. West bound is backedup from vehicles crossing over from EB to go West.
As if

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 9, 2010
Yikes wrote:
It was a head-on collision with a van, most likely at high speeds since it was on I70. Have you ever seen the aftermath of some head-on collisions? Doesn't have to be a fire and NO, the car doesn't have to "have been made of paper." DUH... and there's no guarantee seatbelts would even be able to save passengers in a violent high speed head-on collision. God be with the families involved.
cowgirl

Laurel, MD

#19 Jun 9, 2010
The Zanesville Times Recorder reports that the car was a Chevy Cavalier and that the Coroner is on scene....Thoughts and prayers to all involved.
Terrible

Lancaster, OH

#20 Jun 9, 2010
I see these things and I wonder what happened. What was going on in that van that made all parties unable to make the driver aware or perhaps take the wheel. It almost seems like it has to be a heart attack at the wheel kind of accident. Someone lost not only 1 person today, but all 5. Deepest sympathies.
cars

Columbus, OH

#22 Jun 9, 2010
Terrible wrote:
I see these things and I wonder what happened. What was going on in that van that made all parties unable to make the driver aware or perhaps take the wheel. It almost seems like it has to be a heart attack at the wheel kind of accident. Someone lost not only 1 person today, but all 5. Deepest sympathies.
What?
The van isnt at fault, the car crossed the median...
Eye-Witness

Cleveland, OH

#23 Jun 9, 2010
I witnessed the accident. The car that lost control looked like a cavalier or neon. I could of swore the other car was an older model cadi not a mini-van but it happened so quickly while I was traveling west bound on I-71. It hit my gut in what I witnessed. I did call 911. In my opinion in what I saw, slick road or over-steering cause the car to lose control. Driver Safely Y'All and respect the road and weather.
duh

Zanesville, OH

#25 Jun 9, 2010
Eye-Witness wrote:
I witnessed the accident. The car that lost control looked like a cavalier or neon. I could of swore the other car was an older model cadi not a mini-van but it happened so quickly while I was traveling west bound on I-71. It hit my gut in what I witnessed. I did call 911. In my opinion in what I saw, slick road or over-steering cause the car to lose control. Driver Safely Y'All and respect the road and weather.
Why did you not stop to help
Eye-Witness

Cleveland, OH

#27 Jun 9, 2010
duh wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you not stop to help
it was between mile marker 148 and 147. if you google map the location there is no way to get over to the other side (U-Turn or over pass). the crash was bad which required medical attention...outside my line of work. 911 has my cell number, they or the police can call me if they have questions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zanesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hughes Wanted on Murder ... (Sep '08) Feb 16 mlslpn 36
Missing Jan 28 Help 1
News Ice Jams starting to melt Jan 25 barb gifford 1
Brett Means (Nov '15) Jan 24 Scott4070 5
News Court finds CEO of ABC Manufacturing guilty of ... (Apr '10) Jan '18 Crash 15
Dani (Danielle) Mayer Jan '18 TommyMan3 3
Nurse Vicky Wilson (Mar '15) Dec '17 S and Sands 14

Zanesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Zanesville Mortgages