Dollar General reducing distribution ...

Dollar General reducing distribution center workforce

There are 11 comments on the Coshocton Tribune story from Feb 7, 2009, titled Dollar General reducing distribution center workforce. In it, Coshocton Tribune reports that:

The area job market will take another hit in the coming weeks, as the Dollar General Distribution Center near Zanesville plans to restructure its workforce, affecting as many as 100 positions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Coshocton Tribune.

“I'm an EX-dg employee”

Since: Jan 08

somewhere in usa

#1 Feb 7, 2009
So much for job security!!!!

Since: Jun 09

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 20, 2009
Dollar General is not the place it was when I was hired. It's all about the numbers and getting quota's. Forcing people to be farmed out to other departments and when they can't get the quota doing a job they are use to doing they get wrote up, and will get fired. Dollar General is in the process of weeding out employees by doing this. The only employees that get treated right are the brown nosers. The number of them is begining to out number the rest of the employees that care and come to work to do a good job. If your stuck up your supervisors or managers butt, you get your way and don't get farmed out. If you have a true issue you are seen as a trouble maker and not listened to. If you have a good work ethic, and come to work and do a good job, they don't care. Only a select few employees matter, the ones who don't ask questions, jump through hoops and tell supervisors and mangers only good things matter. Everyday we hear how we are over staffed and people get sent to other departments forced to do jobs that they can't do and expected to get the quota. Oh but they do give us t-shirts and food everytime we turn around. But we can't have water in the spillproof water bottles they gave us, while we work even though in the summer it's hotter inside then out. They warn us about heatstroke but expect us to go without water until our breaks and lunch. I guess if you feel like your over heated and sick you just have to work through it and suck it up for Dollar General. Oh and if you have a heat stroke you'll get unpaid time because you didn't schedule it. Thats right don't expect to receive paid time if you get sick, you are expected to schedule paidtime off. Only so many people get paid time off a day in each department, so if your number 3 or four it doesn't matter if you have the time or not your not getting paid if you wake up sick, or if someone dies and you need the day off. Oh but they say thats up to the supervisor, and only applies to the brown nosers, who can call in and take the day off to go shopping and get paid while someone else sits at home sick and gets unpaid time. Other then that working at Dollar General is wonderfful.
Disgruntled Employee

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 22, 2009
Dollar General is not the same anymore since these "kkr" assholes took over. We've been working 6 days a week and 12 hours a day. If they hire more people they could achieve their goals within a reasonable amount of time, but that's too easy I guess. They still say we're overstaffed. Management sets a rate that is achievable but not likely after you do everything else that is expected of you. Oh and about management... They have little to no college education... Therefore a freshman in High School could manage DG better than this. Dollar General is no Career (just in case anyone is considering it.) It's simply a stop along the road of life.
Tomorrow

Van Wert, OH

#4 Aug 23, 2009
I won't shop in their stores anymore if they treat their employees that way.
Sounds worse than Walmart, and that's the bottom of the barrel. They treat their employees like crap too. I don't shop there anymore either.
worried wife

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Jan 24, 2011
my husband works for DG and only gets 30 hours a week, which is fine we are dealing with that. well we found out yesterday that they had to cut hours and lay off two people. my husband now will only get 10 hours for the whole week! my question: is this legal?? i mean i'm not playing pity party i'm being realistic, we have bills to pay and we had it where we would finally be caught up and then this happens. this can't be legal. 10 hours compared to 30. i've been trying to look up labor laws but nothing is really answering my questions.
mary

Clayton, NC

#6 May 11, 2011
The only people that matter is the regional manager and the DM .They treat everyone like shit no matter how good you do they don't care!!!!.money money money in their pockets they are so cheap it makes me sick and alot of other people too.... keep it up dollar general you'll be out of buisness sooner or later, what goes around comes around. some other company will come in and you will be history
worried wife

Baton Rouge, LA

#7 May 12, 2011
This one is a big one. my husband was being promoted to a manager at a new store. well it was wednesday and he was scheduled to start the monday 8:00 as the manager for the new store. had the classes and all. well the district manager comes in and says they need to talk to him.
it was about a discount he did on the cash register. he was taught that if it comes out of the discount box and doesn't show a discount you hit the X key to preform the discount, so he did so...(let me remind you it is what he was told, and the first time he did it)

they fired him for this reason! the last day before the new position.fishy, right?
i can't believe they sunk this low.
convienient right!!!???
nykki80

Anderson, IN

#8 May 20, 2011
peytons northern in bluffton indiana is the same way, i worked there about 6 yrs and let me tell ya it will never change, if its not unioned or any uion services avalibale your screwed, i was fired from peytons northern. they gave me 3-4 different reasons why, cant fight it, been through federal attorneys, 9 out of 10 states are all at will, which means they can fire you for what ever reason and with our reason, i feel ya all. it sux and yes the butt kisses the ones that have affairs with managers and supervisors and corperate men get away with every thing even if you have more senority then these so called women. i had good attendance, and good rate, when the robots wasnt down. so yes its ever where. exspecailly there.
i have been unemployed for almost 1 yrea in a half and i got denied unemployment after 6 weeks of paid benefits, and they denied me after court hearing with my federal attorney, stay put as long as you can, cuz its hard out there. i had to sale my home, and everything i owned. be proud you even have a job.
nykki80

Anderson, IN

#9 May 20, 2011
i even had to pay back all my unemployment benefits, almost $2,000.00 worth, and i had to go to court for that. please if i had the money to pay that kind of grap, then i wouldnt had filed for it.
bad management

Rockford, IL

#10 Jan 29, 2014
Marion dollar general is the same way its a shit hole management is like people out of pre school and Victor Wilson runs the place like shit helps no one out but boy you get dinners and 11 hr shifts and favors 2d shift
List22

Pennville, IN

#11 Oct 27, 2015
Don't let management fool you starting in Feb 2016 Dollar General will be Going to a 3 2 2 shift they are keeping it from the workers so they don't quit I was a former focus team member before they fired me for no reason at all what they do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zanesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court finds CEO of ABC Manufacturing guilty of ... (Apr '10) Jul 10 Wayne Fort 5
Bob Evans on Maple Ave Jun 26 Mystery diner 1
Mandi (Oct '10) Jun '16 same ole 3
Suboxone (Jan '14) Jun '16 pillbilly 2
Kathryn Gaus May '16 Hell yeah 6
ronda brennan? (Mar '13) May '16 jray 3
News 28-year-old Charged in Meth Bust (Feb '15) May '16 nobody 2

Zanesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Zanesville Mortgages