InfoSeeker

United States

#1 Apr 18, 2008
I may be moving to Zachary soon and was wondering if there were certain areas of town to stay away from. So far I'm considering Audobon Lakes, Point South, and The Settlement subdivisions. Any info you can provide for a newcomer would be helpful. Including a good daycare.
Zachary Resident

Denham Springs, LA

#2 Jun 7, 2008
Zachary is great. I have lived hear for 17 years. It has grown alot since then. Schools are great also. St. Patrick's is a good daycare but I've heard there is a waiting list. I think those subdivisions are fine. I haven't heard anything negative about them.
mrjones

United States

#3 Jul 5, 2008
I have a house in Zachary. I moved out of state, don't expect to return soon and don't want to be a long distance landlord.
My house is in the Lake Pointe community. I am willing to work with a buyer.
I am not looking for a realtor. I'd rather avoid commissions and pass the savings on to the new owner.

[email protected]
Danielle Sinclair

Greenwell Springs, LA

#4 Jul 6, 2008
mrjones wrote:
I have a house in Zachary. I moved out of state, don't expect to return soon and don't want to be a long distance landlord.
My house is in the Lake Pointe community. I am willing to work with a buyer.
I am not looking for a realtor. I'd rather avoid commissions and pass the savings on to the new owner.
[email protected]
We are actually looking in either South Point or Audobon Lakes. Where is your house for sale at in South Point?
Thanks,
Seth and Danielle Sinclair
[email protected]
sunny

Mississippi State, MS

#5 Jul 11, 2008
I am moving to zachary also...got offered a job at LSU......GEAUX TIGERS!

I am looking for an apartment for me and my kids to live in until my husband joins us and we buy a house. Any suggestions on places? Today is July 11th, my starting day at my new job is August 1st....H E L P please :-)
ole zachary boy

Kenner, LA

#6 Jul 14, 2008
la hwy 19 runs north and south,even though wal-mart and postoffice are on the east side you will find your apt,school and other points of interest west of la 19 and you dont want to have to use la 19 to go and return from LSU campus because the traffic is always a problem for work comutes
sunny

Mississippi State, MS

#7 Jul 14, 2008
Hi Ole Zachary Boy! Thanks for the inside info
on La 19. Would hwy 61 to 110 to Government street be okay you think? Or maybe old scenic all the way and take side streets to river road be a better idea? Again, thanks for the info.
ole zachary boy

Kenner, LA

#8 Jul 17, 2008
61 to 110 ,from there just depends which part of campus ur goin,just try diff routes u,ll find what works for you.I own land east of 19 and have a son that still lives in zachary.If you make friends with good people ur children should enjoy growing up in zachary.I moved out of zachary when both of my boys were elem.age and sent both to private schools.you hear folks talk about how great zachary schools are but until one pays 5g+ a year for private school it just does not sink-in !
Landlord

United States

#9 Jul 20, 2008
I have houses to rent in the zachary area
[email protected]
anne bird

Baton Rouge, LA

#10 Jul 21, 2008
sunny wrote:
I am moving to zachary also...got offered a job at LSU......GEAUX TIGERS!
I am looking for an apartment for me and my kids to live in until my husband joins us and we buy a house. Any suggestions on places? Today is July 11th, my starting day at my new job is August 1st....H E L P please :-)
Hi, I live in Zachary (1 yr) and work at LSU(18 yrs)--did you find a place to rent?
cjacksonlewi

Pflugerville, TX

#11 Jul 24, 2008
My husband's job at Greyhound is transferring him to BR soon and we are interested in renting a nice house for ourselves and two year old. We are now in TX and will be down there to find something before the move. Anyone out there with a nice, nice neighborhood, clean rent house?
cjacksonlewi

Pflugerville, TX

#12 Jul 24, 2008
Landlord wrote:
I have houses to rent in the zachary area
[email protected]
My husband and I are moving out that way soon. We are looking to rent a house. Preferably 2 bdrooms +. We are in TX now. He's being transferred by his employer. Can we talk?
Sunny

United States

#13 Sep 4, 2008
anne bird wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I live in Zachary (1 yr) and work at LSU(18 yrs)--did you find a place to rent?
Hi Anne! I did find a place...a really nice apt, 3 bed, 2 bath...i'm very pleased. I am back in Mississippi, came back the Friday before Labor Day...Gustav has kept me here. I worked one month before this happened....been checking the news daily..it' awful from what I hear. We plan on coming back Sunday, that is if Demco has our lights back on by then.
Sunny

United States

#14 Sep 5, 2008
Hi again Ole zachary boy...that is exactly the way i go to work....61 to 110 to government street to river road to the vet school. On the heavier traffic days i take 61 all the way through scottlandville. We have paid for tuition for 10 years for my 9th grader and 5 years for my 4th grader...800 a month....we got away from that when we moved to zachary...i have to say, the schools in zachary are way ahead of where my kids' schools were...the schools that made a gazillions off of me! The thing I miss about their schools where we moved from is that they were parachial...they got lots and lots of lessons in morals, values, and religion...we miss that the most. I couldn't understand from you post whether you were for zachary schools or against? Maybe it's me...I'm freaking out because we were only in zachary 5 weeks before Gustav...we've been away for a week tomorrow...my oldest, who didn't want to move to begin with, really, really, really doesn't want to go back to zachary...and even I am being emotional about being back home...as bad as i hated our hometown...it's kinda good to see familiar people and places....take care ole boy!
ole zachary boy wrote:
61 to 110 ,from there just depends which part of campus ur goin,just try diff routes u,ll find what works for you.I own land east of 19 and have a son that still lives in zachary.If you make friends with good people ur children should enjoy growing up in zachary.I moved out of zachary when both of my boys were elem.age and sent both to private schools.you hear folks talk about how great zachary schools are but until one pays 5g+ a year for private school it just does not sink-in !
Ignorant People

Dallas, TX

#15 May 30, 2010
Zachary is nothing but a place to crap in the road and leave. It's schools are rediculously stupidly strict and the cops are a**holes. Stay as far away from Zachary as possible. If you already live here, move out
centrallouisisna boy

Alexandria, LA

#16 Jul 4, 2013
Zachary is a wonderful town. Its better than living in my crappy evil town of Ferriday Louisiana i plan on moving shortly myself too its a great town with low crime and nice clean suburb of Baton Rouge. One thing might dislike about Zachary is the Walmart its too small but who cares go ahead enjoy the town of Zachary they have nice houses on earth. Zachary is the life you will love the town its Top Ten Best Town in the state love just LOVE LOVE ZACHARY be glad when moving down because its a very safe town outside Baton Rouge where you could your doors unlocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zachary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Orleans man admits to trafficking 15-year-o... 13 hr Mitch Landrieus g... 2
Review: Ferguson's Tree Care LLC (Jul '13) Apr 30 Allyson 4
News 75 Zachary High students are now published authors Feb '17 T Williams 2
stop animal abuse Feb '17 out4aride55 1
Emmit Cazes is gay!? (Feb '15) Jan '17 Litigaligic 21
gp (Aug '16) Aug '16 Exclamation point 7
Baker La Utility down!!!! (Aug '16) Aug '16 Anonymous 2

Zachary Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Zachary Mortgages