Three Republicans, two Democrats seek...

Three Republicans, two Democrats seek House District 62 seat

There are 50 comments on the The Advocate story from Oct 8, 2011, titled Three Republicans, two Democrats seek House District 62 seat. In it, The Advocate reports that:

Three Republicans and two Democrats are vying to replace term-limited state Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Advocate.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Spurvey

Columbia, LA

#43 Oct 17, 2011
Spurv is almost funny wrote:
Here's an idea. Spruvey's "screen name" should be changed to BARBIE. Yeah, that's it. Ken and Barbie!!
Would that then make you Chuckie from the Garbage Pail Kids? I will look for the guy walking around with a FULL diaper and runny nose. Thanks for the entertainment value that you bring. I try to contribute but feel I pail in comparison.
Vote

Saint Francisville, LA

#44 Oct 17, 2011
5Days! Be sure to get out and vote for your candidate of choice.
Nonnie

United States

#45 Oct 17, 2011
vote wrote:
If I could vote in each district this would be my vote....
Representative - Dawson
BESE - Rutledge
Assessor - Willis
1 - Williams
2 - Percy
3 - Cobb
4 - Lambert
5 - Roach
6 - Babers
7 - Wilson
Did I miss anything?
You sure did. What you missed was a reality check. Cobb, Roach, Babers, and WILSON (dumber than dumb. Even dumber than Shoemake). Where have you been for the past 4 years?
Nonnie

United States

#46 Oct 17, 2011
vote wrote:
Representative - Dawson
BESE - Rutledge
Assessor - Willis
1 - Williams
2 - Percy
3 - Cobb
4 - Lambert
5 - Roach
6 - Babers
7 - Wilson
Did I miss anything?
H. Willis as Assessor? "Bring out the mules, Miss Lucy. We gonna chop cotton today."
Interested

United States

#47 Oct 17, 2011
vote wrote:

Representative - Dawson
BESE - Rutledge
Assessor - Willis
1 - Williams
2 - Percy
3 - Cobb
4 - Lambert
5 - Roach
6 - Babers
7 - Wilson

Did I miss anything?

Explain your vote for Roach pls.
Interested

Baton Rouge, LA

#48 Oct 24, 2011
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>Wish in one hand and @@@ in the other and see which one fills up first!!!

Kean can't win in Roach's district.
Shoemake has a lot more support than your feeble mind can handle, in his district.
Wilson has the Lula London PAC providing people WILSON's ballot number because, the can'y read his name.
Stevens - will be replaced
Babers will replace Dawson
Cobb's indictment may take away his lock on his district, I wouldn't be too surprised if he still won.

My predictions:

Dawson and Havard in Run-off with Dawson win.

PJ - Babers, Williams, Wilson, Roach, Percy, Rogers and Shoemake

about 12 days and we will know! I don't see any mix that will significantly change this three ring circus, called WFPPJ.
Funny your predictions were that far off. Good, sound people now in. More to come in the next round.
Interested

Baton Rouge, LA

#49 Oct 24, 2011
Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>Dawson is on the board of the West Feliciana Democratic Caucus that just recently formed. His closest friend and ally, Mr. Sims was the moderator of the Democratic Only forum held at the Magnusum Hotel. You can believe that the two have plenty of the Democratic Party's money to spend, spend, spend...
Heard Simms along with the has been (or more appropriately never been) Anthony Long had their own version of a KKK rally at a Hardwood church, the so-called leaders of the Democratic Caucas. The announcement stated a "Community Meeting." Furthest thing from it. Simms was the Grand Wizard filling the pews with anger, divisiveness, and racially slanted heated attacks against Kean who attended, and worse in front of many children who's ages ranged from 4 to 8 years old. These men produce nothing of value for our community. Many walked out on Simms and several said the next day their families were going to vote for Kean because of what occurred there. One even called Mr Kean the next day to apologize. He really needs to thank Simms; probably got him those needed 15 votes to win.
Concerned

Baton Rouge, LA

#50 Oct 25, 2011
Let's hope the days of the mindless voting block being told (and paid) how to vote are over. Voters, regardless of ethnicity, can think for themselves these days, and they can see what's going on. Sims and Long are throwbacks to the dark days of the past. They have no business being in charge of the local Democratic party, and they obviously didn't carry much weight in the last election, thank God.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51 Oct 25, 2011
Interested wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny your predictions were that far off. Good, sound people now in. More to come in the next round.
As I read the posts leading up to the election, I rarely saw anyone predicting Howle being in a runoff with Babers, much less winning.(Won by Default, Babers withdrew Monday but Howle got more votes in the primary.) Can anyone explain why she was so underrated. I voted for her, I know that she had the backing of just about anyone associated with the schools. If you met her and talked to her you knew she was an intelligent person. If you had an relatives that she taught you knew that she was a good person and a good teacher. It seemed to me that she is exactly the type of person that we deserve to have on the police jury. I guess what I'm really asking is.. Are the people that post on topix so that out of touch with reality?
DISTRICT 2

Zachary, LA

#52 Oct 25, 2011
I have to say that I pray Mel Percy does not win. After seeing how he acts on the softball field in front of children, I would not want him to represent me or West Feliciana Parish anywhere! He has acted so badly, thrown fits and used profanity to the point that he was evicted not only from the field but from the entire park. I have personally witnessed this and was appauled. If he acts like this and throws fits during a 7 year old girls softball game, how will he act when he does not get his way in a meeting? Ask him about these incidents, see if he will tell the truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zachary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmit Cazes is gay!? Jul 15 FriendsOnFB 13
News Live video: Watch Percy Sledge's funeral servic... Apr '15 Maggie Richardson 1
News Zachary man accused of raping hospital shuttle ... Apr '15 So Happy 2
wat u know about here (Mar '13) Mar '15 slipstick 2
News East Feliciana coroner may be first to receive ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 CONCERNEDTAXPAYER 1
News Crime forum organizer bashes Baker school offic... (May '14) Nov '14 Informed 2
Sydney for Judge (Nov '14) Nov '14 Winchester 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Zachary Mortgages