Three Republicans, two Democrats seek House District 62 seat

Oct 8, 2011 Full story: The Advocate 50

Three Republicans and two Democrats are vying to replace term-limited state Rep.

Full Story
Entergy Employee

Baton Rouge, LA

#23 Oct 13, 2011
Havard wrote:
Kenny Havard has a good following in West Feliciana. It would be nice to see a young business man in this position.
I'm sorry but Mr. Dawson has not done a good job with representing the people of West Feliciana.He may have been a very nice man at one time but he has not been forthcoming with the people he is supposed to be representing.
He has been in a very difficult situation in that he did not have a job. He needed money to support his family. He unfortunately got sucked into putting government funds and soliciting other government funds to put into Mr. Bill Depew's business. RBS has taken on many identities - BDepew Enterprises, RBS for profit, RBS for non-profit, etc. etc.
When the PJ Finance Committee discovered the amounts that were being paid out to RBS, the payments eventually stopped. I believe RBS is still receiving a $1000/month from the Hospital Board. Mr. Depew simply did not want to pay Mr. Dawson after the PJ quit giving money to RBS .
Mr. Dawson continuously puts in his speeches that he was this great employee of Entergy Nuclear Plant. If he was so great, then why doesn't he still have a job with them?? He obviously needed employment somewhere and that is why he took the position with RBS.. so what's the deal with that??
Did he get "let go"? from Entergy??
Where is he employed now?? Is he still receiving a paycheck from RBS??
Nonnie

United States

#24 Oct 13, 2011
Entergy Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Dawson continuously puts in his speeches that he was this great employee of Entergy Nuclear Plant. If he was so great, then why doesn't he still have a job with them?? He obviously needed employment somewhere and that is why he took the position with RBS.. so what's the deal with that??
Did he get "let go"? from Entergy??
Where is he employed now?? Is he still receiving a paycheck from RBS??
Excellent questions. Well thought out and posed quite well. Of course Dawson would never answer. Maybe, just maybe, his wife would be kind enough to reply. SURE.
Charles

Saint Francisville, LA

#25 Oct 14, 2011
Ken Dawson is clearly the choice even though he's a democrat. I believe he is the only one that can help us do something about our economic growth. Wake up fellow republicans! It's not about race anymore! And yes, I've met many of you. I've even heard some of the citizens of this parish say they won't let themselves vote for a "negro." Wake up and do what's best for our city!
What

Saint Francisville, LA

#26 Oct 14, 2011
Charles wrote:
Ken Dawson is clearly the choice even though he's a democrat. I believe he is the only one that can help us do something about our economic growth. Wake up fellow republicans! It's not about race anymore! And yes, I've met many of you. I've even heard some of the citizens of this parish say they won't let themselves vote for a "negro." Wake up and do what's best for our city!
What did Mr. Dawson do for economic growth during his reign as President of the P.J..? What would or could Mr. Dawson do for our "city" if he were elected? What city are you talking about? Zachary,Jackson, Clinton Or SF ? He would represent them all. I have even heard darkies say they won't vote for white folks.
Twilight Zone

Saint Francisville, LA

#27 Oct 14, 2011
What wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Mr. Dawson do for economic growth during his reign as President of the P.J..? What would or could Mr. Dawson do for our "city" if he were elected? What city are you talking about? Zachary,Jackson, Clinton Or SF ? He would represent them all. I have even heard darkies say they won't vote for white folks.
"darkies" May God Help us!!!

How about getting the Paper Mill reopened?

Dah!! Probably not a whole lot other than build a wall around it to protect the rest of the District from idiot contamination virus!
What

Saint Francisville, LA

#28 Oct 14, 2011
Twilight Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Dah!! Probably not a whole lot other than build a wall around it to protect the rest of the District from idiot contamination virus!
Specifically what do Mr. Dawson to reopen the mill?
Mitchell

Baton Rouge, LA

#29 Oct 14, 2011
Charles wrote:
You constantly push your white/black skin color on the voters. It is not about the color of someone's skin. He is not the best choice. He is not good for the City of Zachary or the towns of Clinton, Jackson or St. Francisville. He has made constant comments about how great Zachary is in comparison to St. Francisville and how if St. Francisville is not careful it is going to become another Jackson. This man is in no position to represent all of this District. 62.
His approach as well as that of his buddy's Sims and Shoemake has always been pitting one group against another whether it is white vs. black or parish vs. parish. WFP once had a "common good" attitude. What's good for one is good for the other. Dawson's divide and conquer is a bad, bad thing for this area..
Please wake up and do what's best - vote for someone else.....
Charles

Philadelphia, PA

#30 Oct 14, 2011
I have no time to argue with you insouciant people. Ken Dawson is the only one pushing for economic growth. Point. Blank. Period. And that's who I'm voting for. If you pay attention to the same voting records of Ken Dawson that you are pushing everyone to go and look at, you'd notice that Ken has voted IN favor of everything that would better the parish. 9% Tax, School Board Proposals, Internet Proposal, New Hotel, etc. Your "hero" Lea Williams has only been snooping around the police jury office. Isn't she apart of the Economic Development Panel that you claim Ken Dawson got rid of but is really still there? Stop posting bullshit. You people are full of yourselves. Stop voicing your opinions on a silly forum. Dawson will win and topix won't be able to help it.
Snoopy

Baton Rouge, LA

#31 Oct 14, 2011
Charles wrote:
I have no time to argue with you insouciant people. Ken Dawson is the only one pushing for economic growth. Point. Blank. Period. And that's who I'm voting for. If you pay attention to the same voting records of Ken Dawson that you are pushing everyone to go and look at, you'd notice that Ken has voted IN favor of everything that would better the parish. 9% Tax, School Board Proposals, Internet Proposal, New Hotel, etc. Your "hero" Lea Williams has only been snooping around the police jury office. Isn't she apart of the Economic Development Panel that you claim Ken Dawson got rid of but is really still there? Stop posting bullshit. You people are full of yourselves. Stop voicing your opinions on a silly forum. Dawson will win and topix won't be able to help it.
HOW DARE SHE.. That Lea Williams should know better than to go "snooping around the police jury office"!!!
Nonnie

United States

#32 Oct 14, 2011
Charles wrote:
I will post after my nap. You, my dear, are an obviously slanted black recipient of a huge dose of "smiley boy Dawson's" lack of genetic intelligence. Its so simple. Look at what he has done on the PJ. Now, can you imagine him representing us in the state legislature? He would be an embarrassment to all of us, YES, even the black people. And, Honey, I am one of them.
Help the fool

United States

#33 Oct 14, 2011
Twilight Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
This will come as a great surprise to you. The paper mill has been reopened for quite a while now and Ken Dawson opened it all by himself. Just another Dawson successful venture.
HaHa Sure

United States

#34 Oct 14, 2011
Help the fool wrote:
<quoted text> This will come as a great surprise to you. The paper mill has been reopened for quite a while now and Ken Dawson opened it all by himself. Just another Dawson successful venture.
Amazing what those darkies can do.
Bad Experience

Baton Rouge, LA

#35 Oct 14, 2011
Dawson, Sims, Shoemake, told the public that if the parish did not purchase the environmental nightmare of the waste water treatment facility at the Papermill, that the papermill would not open.
They wanted to bond out the parish taxpayers for $8 million.
Guess what - they didn't get their tax passed and the papermill still opened.
Thank God that the parish didn't go down with the bankruptcy of the papermill's new owners just 4 months later.
The entire plant and all the property sold for less than $4 million at a bankruptcy sale...
That's Dawson's papermill story.. He had nothing to do with it opening. He and Sims did have something to do with trying to give our tax money away to another bankrupt corporation...
Concerned

Saint Francisville, LA

#36 Oct 16, 2011
Charles wrote:
LOL... if Dawson wins... I'll be a slave and let the colored folks be my owner
Just a voter

Saint Francisville, LA

#37 Oct 17, 2011
I received a flyer criticizing Havard for "not supporting a feeding program". To figure out who sent it I had to read the fine print and then google the 4 letter abbreviation. Essentially these folks went to great lengths to hide their identity. Turns out it was the democratic senatorial selection committee so I assume that was Dawson or some other person running as a democrat. I hate dirty politics. I hate even more those who try to make accusations and then hide behind some group. I am an independent, I personally believe neither the democratic nor the republican party represents me, and I had not made up my mind on who to vote for in this election until I received that flyer. I will vote for whoever is attacked using these underhanded tactics. Thank you democratic senatorial selection committee for selecting havard to receive my vote. Now, do you have any other races you would like to send me an "anonymous" flyer about?
Voter

Saint Francisville, LA

#38 Oct 17, 2011
Just a voter wrote:
I received a flyer criticizing Havard for "not supporting a feeding program". To figure out who sent it I had to read the fine print and then google the 4 letter abbreviation. Essentially these folks went to great lengths to hide their identity. Turns out it was the democratic senatorial selection committee so I assume that was Dawson or some other person running as a democrat. I hate dirty politics. I hate even more those who try to make accusations and then hide behind some group. I am an independent, I personally believe neither the democratic nor the republican party represents me, and I had not made up my mind on who to vote for in this election until I received that flyer. I will vote for whoever is attacked using these underhanded tactics. Thank you democratic senatorial selection committee for selecting havard to receive my vote. Now, do you have any other races you would like to send me an "anonymous" flyer about?
Did you get the same type thing from the republican committee about Jett? There is a poll about how effective this tactic is. It looks to me like Havard & Jett are going at it with negatives, don't see Dawson having the Money to compete in this kind of campaign. Again, it looks personal between Havard & Jett. IMHO
Laughable

Baton Rouge, LA

#39 Oct 17, 2011
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get the same type thing from the republican committee about Jett? There is a poll about how effective this tactic is. It looks to me like Havard & Jett are going at it with negatives, don't see Dawson having the Money to compete in this kind of campaign. Again, it looks personal between Havard & Jett. IMHO
Dawson is on the board of the West Feliciana Democratic Caucus that just recently formed. His closest friend and ally, Mr. Sims was the moderator of the Democratic Only forum held at the Magnusum Hotel. You can believe that the two have plenty of the Democratic Party's money to spend, spend, spend...
5 Days

Metairie, LA

#40 Oct 17, 2011
Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>Dawson is on the board of the West Feliciana Democratic Caucus that just recently formed. His closest friend and ally, Mr. Sims was the moderator of the Democratic Only forum held at the Magnusum Hotel. You can believe that the two have plenty of the Democratic Party's money to spend, spend, spend...
Haven't you heard the Dems are broke!!
The only Dem with money is Jett. It is obvious that Jett & Havard have declared themselves winners & Dawson and the others irrelevant! Boy are they in for a surprise.
Concerned

Baton Rouge, LA

#41 Oct 17, 2011
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... if Dawson wins... I'll be a slave and let the colored folks be my owner
Be assured that the REAL Concerned did not post this stupid inflammatory comment. Get your own name, you idiot.
vote

Saint Francisville, LA

#42 Oct 17, 2011
If I could vote in each district this would be my vote....

Representative - Dawson
BESE - Rutledge
Assessor - Willis
1 - Williams
2 - Percy
3 - Cobb
4 - Lambert
5 - Roach
6 - Babers
7 - Wilson

Did I miss anything?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zachary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 6 min Not Landrieu 3,276
$1M bond set for man arrested for indecent beha... Sep 9 HardyParkerson 1
Pastor hiding alternative lifestyle? Sep 1 Concerned 2
Plainsman Editor hired by the Advocate for new ... Aug 30 KNOW hER 2
The Advocate acquires 4 weekly newspapers Aug '14 SHOCKED 1
St. Francisville teacher named Louisianaa s tea... Jul '14 countrylad 8
Derrick Tubbs arrested for DWI (Dec '11) Jul '14 Terri Cruse 32
•••
•••
•••

Zachary Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000