Local News - Teen Killed by Oncoming Car

By First Coast News Staff YULEE, FL -- A 15-year-old is dead after getting hit by an oncoming car. Full Story
raw

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Nov 2, 2007
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this girl...
Its sad when no good deed goes unpunished...
Kyle Dring

Yulee, FL

#2 Nov 2, 2007
We will miss you very much Shaunte
Andrea

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Nov 2, 2007
Please take that picture of the car with the cracked windshield ... noone wants to see that.
The girl that was killed was a member of our church and in the youth group with my daughter.
sara

United States

#4 Nov 2, 2007
i love you and miss you chenelle.... i know God is holding your hand in heaven.
momof1

Redmond, WA

#5 Nov 2, 2007
Condolences to the family and friends of this young lady. May she rest in peace.
Walter Vicki Travis

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Nov 2, 2007
So sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts & prayers are with you.
Brenda

AOL

#7 Nov 2, 2007
My nephew saw a car pulled to the side of the road, and pulled left a little to not hit it when all of a sudden the girl ran out to check on the dog. He was not speeding. He was not drinking or drugging. He is heartbroken this happened. He was on his knees immediately praying for the girl to live. The police officers knew it was an unfortunate accident, and Christopher, his family, and all of us are devastated for the family who lost their daughter. Chris is a soldier, home on a 10 day leave, and was told by the police and his commanding officer to go to his next command post Tuesday. Please know how sorry we all are, and our prayers will be with the family forever. We attend Blackrock Baptist Church if you would like to talk to our pastor for comofort, one of our deacons, or others.
Sherron

Altamonte Springs, FL

#8 Nov 2, 2007
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family even though I did not know the child but I live in that area. Blackrock has become a dangereous road in my opinion not to mention the fact that everyday that I travel Blackrock, someone's dog is out in the street. What about the owner of the dog? If the dog had been fenced this tragedy would have been avoided.
MAD

Marietta, GA

#9 Nov 2, 2007
I feel so sorry for that girls family..I admire the girl , I would have done the same thing...May GOD be with the family..
Mee

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Nov 2, 2007
Brenda wrote:
My nephew saw a car pulled to the side of the road, and pulled left a little to not hit it when all of a sudden the girl ran out to check on the dog. He was not speeding. He was not drinking or drugging. He is heartbroken this happened. He was on his knees immediately praying for the girl to live. The police officers knew it was an unfortunate accident, and Christopher, his family, and all of us are devastated for the family who lost their daughter. Chris is a soldier, home on a 10 day leave, and was told by the police and his commanding officer to go to his next command post Tuesday. Please know how sorry we all are, and our prayers will be with the family forever. We attend Blackrock Baptist Church if you would like to talk to our pastor for comofort, one of our deacons, or others.
Things like this happen all the time... No one is at fault... she was being a loving soul and a very unfortunate thing happened... Not only should we pray for this little girl's family but also for Christopher and his family... this cant be easy for either side...
WANDA

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Nov 2, 2007
Mee wrote:
<quoted text>
Things like this happen all the time... No one is at fault... she was being a loving soul and a very unfortunate thing happened... Not only should we pray for this little girl's family but also for Christopher and his family... this cant be easy for either side...
very well said!
kelson

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#12 Nov 2, 2007
this girl was my cousin and im very shocked ive known her since i was born and knew how much she loved animals and if carrie or brad or brenda or anyone up there reads this im coming up on sunday
pissed off

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Nov 3, 2007
I am sorry to the family for their loss....there should be more children like this young lady in this world! Alot of children are not loving anymore...its more about killing and trying to fit in with the wrong crowd...so I pray the family has the best in life because apparently the parents of this young lady did something right! My prayers are with you all!
Carol

United States

#14 Nov 3, 2007
My condolences to her family. I just lost my 18 year old daughter this year in a horrible car accident in Yulee on Hwy 17 (the death trap Hwy). We used to live on Chester Road in Yulee. Forget animal control...they do NOT come out. I can't even remember how many times I called. That is supposed to be a humane society. PLEASE......
Why spend money to buy a truck to pick up strays if you won't use it. They may say they came out, dont believe it. Some man out there lost a lot of horses and/or cows or something last year because of strays in the area. Leash laws should be everywhere. There are too many people getting killed by stray dogs, bitten by stray dogs, and scarred for the rest of their lives. I agree that this little girl would have never been killed if something had been done about the strays in the first place. By the way; I own two dogs, and other animals. NONE of them are allowed to run free! I suggest everybody complain in Yulee, go to those town meetings and get them off the subject of "Resort Area" vs. the people who live there. Make your county understand that you are there year around. If you lived on the Plantation, do you think you would see a stray dog? I THINK NOT! Its about time they start thinking about the residents who live in Yulee and Fernandina, not just the tourist.
Carol

United States

#15 Nov 3, 2007
Brenda wrote:
Brenda, I think everyone knows that accidents do happen. It just dont make anything easier believe me! It was nice of you to post to this site. I still feel that the people responsible for picking up or checking on stray dogs are to blame. That has been a big deal in the Fernandina Beach and Yulee area as long as I lived there, which had been from 1987 to 2006. Too much money is spent on making the area suitable for resorts and not the people who live there. Which is why I no longer live there. God bless and my prayers are with you and the family of the little girl.:)

Carol
A family member

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Nov 3, 2007
First of all, she was already in the road. She didn't "run out". They had been there for a few minutes, and other people had already stopped to help. He almost hit her mom and her brother. Don't post things when you don't know what happened. This family has had a mountain of loss this year- this will be the 4th loss in 5 months. So pray for them!
Another family member

Fort White, FL

#17 Nov 3, 2007
A family member wrote:
First of all, she was already in the road. She didn't "run out". They had been there for a few minutes, and other people had already stopped to help. He almost hit her mom and her brother. Don't post things when you don't know what happened. This family has had a mountain of loss this year- this will be the 4th loss in 5 months. So pray for them!
I feel bad for this young man, but I feel worse for my cousin. My question is "If this young man was not speeding, why did it take 150 ft. to stop?
steve pennsylvania

Mechanicsburg, PA

#18 Nov 3, 2007
our thoughts and prayers go out to brad and his family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yulee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's Not Too Late Oct 29 A Voice In The Wi... 1
Sorry Charlie I Voted For Wyllie Oct '14 A Voice In The Wi... 1
Florida medical marijuana amendment debate Oct '14 A Voice In The Wi... 1
Florida Governor Debate Delay - "Fangate" Oct '14 A Voice In The Wi... 1
Dedicated to the 2nd Amendment it protects all ... Oct '14 A Voice In The Wi... 1
as we enter the homestretch. Oct '14 A Voice In The Wi... 1
Darryl at Baskin-Robbins Oct '14 Brad kim 1

Flood Watch for Nassau County was issued at November 25 at 6:00PM EST

Yulee Dating
Find my Match

Yulee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Yulee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Yulee

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News