So what happened to your supt. Larry Birden?

Posted in the Yukon Forum

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jul 31, 2012
Just wonderin

Pampa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 28, 2007
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Understand your Supt was dismissed in December - but paid through June. Heard he applied in Arkansas but ended up in Arizona??? Is this true???
He is poison to a school system. He poisons every one he's in....... What happened in Yukon?
I'm guessing Morale was at an all time low - most teachers were terrified of him - he bullied some and recruited others to his "side" At least one board member was his buddy and would give him a good reference..... He did pretty well with the money side, but ruined long standing programs because they weren't "his" ..... His main concern was the football team and building something to be named after him....If his wife is still around - he treated her like a bad trophy and was always looking for the next one. I could go on.....
BransonLover

Rifle, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 18, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

He has done the exact same thing to Branson School District Re-82 in Branson, CO. He has taken a top notch online school and taken it to the brink of closing. His disciples are all single attrative staff members that have no qualifications to be doing the jobs they are doing.
He is poison!
Indeed

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 25, 2008
 
Things are looking not good for Branson CO!
Amazed

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 5, 2008
 
Indeed wrote:
Things are looking not good for Branson CO!
your opinion is just that.your opinion However, I can tell you the challenge is the Superintendent. NOT the school.
from one who knows.........
Indeed

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 8, 2008
 
I totally agree with you!!
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
your opinion is just that.your opinion However, I can tell you the challenge is the Superintendent. NOT the school.
from one who knows.........
Amazed

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 12, 2008
 
Just wonderin wrote:
Understand your Supt was dismissed in December - but paid through June. Heard he applied in Arkansas but ended up in Arizona??? Is this true???
He is poison to a school system. He poisons every one he's in....... What happened in Yukon?
I'm guessing Morale was at an all time low - most teachers were terrified of him - he bullied some and recruited others to his "side" At least one board member was his buddy and would give him a good reference..... He did pretty well with the money side, but ruined long standing programs because they weren't "his" ..... His main concern was the football team and building something to be named after him....If his wife is still around - he treated her like a bad trophy and was always looking for the next one. I could go on.....
What happened that you refer to him as "poison" and in what school?
Lmao

Goodwell, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 20, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well you dumb dumbs should of fired him a long time ago. If he gets people on his side they should be dismissed down the road with him.

Since: Apr 07

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 7, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lmao wrote:
Well you dumb dumbs should of fired him a long time ago. If he gets people on his side they should be dismissed down the road with him.
You are soooooo right. School board slipped up on that on. Thing is, he is quite and actor and smooth talker. Everyone thinks he's the answer till they find out he's the problem.........He done tore up schools everywhere he's been from South Eastern Oklahoma to Yukon to Mustang to Sayre plumb to Colorado.
fungusamongus

Elk City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 7, 2008
 
BransonLover wrote:
He has done the exact same thing to Branson School District Re-82 in Branson, CO. He has taken a top notch online school and taken it to the brink of closing. His disciples are all single attrative staff members that have no qualifications to be doing the jobs they are doing.
He is poison!
I knew it! You should see what he did in Oklahoma. Disciples - that's a great way of putting it! He needs to be tracked and outed to any place he considers before the same terrible things happen to others.
Scary Larry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 26, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Heard his last year in Yukon his office was the janitor's closet. Is he still in Colorado? Can't believe people keep hiring him. Do they not check his background? Does he still write horrible letters his staff? Poor Branson, CO. Wonder how long they can hold out?
for the record

Lawton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 23, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Larry Birden ruins schools and careers.
No Man of Honor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 23, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Why should his professional life be any different than his private life? He left a wife and three children several years ago. Thank God they managed better than the school systems where he has worked.
He has never met his children's spouses OR his (6)grandchildren.
What can the school systems expect from a man that abandons his family and lies about even having children? They live in the same city as his Mother but he makes no effort to see any of children.
Disbelieving

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 21, 2012
 
I just ran on to this material accidentally and am I ever glad I did. This stuff is completely ridiculous. No teacher ever had a problem with Dr. Birden who came to work and taught their classes.
Lee

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 23, 2012
 
This comment is a completly false! The majority of Yukon's students, staff and faculty respected Dr. Birden.
Baffled

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 31, 2012
 
My experience, as well as several colleagues, working for the man was fine. I did hear negative talk from lazy teachers who were visited with about their improper classroom habits. Several of us were glad to see it addressed. But sadly, the bad teachers latched onto the union for protection and their poor influence is still a mainstay in the classrooms:-(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 4 min Jessup 74,821
anti-american business: public beware (May '13) 1 hr LOL 186
Obama's followers are either COMMUNIST or QUEERS 1 hr LOL 17
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 3 hr keerathb123 96
Anti-American-Socialist Business in OKC (Oct '13) Thu Don 664
looking Wed patricia fincher ... 1
Minco Reserve Officer Arrested, Accused Of Sex ... Wed Jeff 2

Search the Yukon Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Yukon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Yukon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Yukon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Yukon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••