Trashy Neighbor

Since: Mar 07

Moore, Oklahoma

#1 Apr 8, 2007
I have a neighbor that has a jungle growing through, under over my chain fence. I am looking for advice on how to kill the plants and whatever it is that is now pulling my fence down. HELP PLEASE!
Nice neighbor

AOL

#2 May 14, 2007
Kisa wrote:
I have a neighbor that has a jungle growing through, under over my chain fence. I am looking for advice on how to kill the plants and whatever it is that is now pulling my fence down. HELP PLEASE!
Hey Kisa..get yourself some Eliminator Grass and Weed Killer from Walmart and spray along your fence line and before you know it, the weeds, vines and what ever will wilt and die at the roots. This works for most stuff, but for stubborn vines like honeysuckle and some brushy plants, tree starts and things like that you might have to resort to Ortho Brush Killer. In any case, revenge can be sweet......and neat! Happy spraying :)
Sherry

Little Rock, AR

#4 Aug 14, 2007
I also have a new ( about 5 years neighbor ) I have lived here for 16 years! And never had any problems until now! This woman planted a jungel in her front yard. Which I do not care what she does on her own property! But now she has planted vines which I think are Bougainvillea in pots right next to my chain link fence! " she could put them any where in her large back yard." I have beautiful Rose of Sharon trees that have been growing there 5 years. Her vines are growing around my trees and killing them. I have went out numerous times and cut them off the trees. But they grow fast as weeds. HELP? How can I keep her vines off of my trees. PS, WE ARE NOT FRIENDLY NEIGHBORS! SHE TOLD ME WHEN SHE FIRST MOVED IN SHE DID NOT TALK TO THE NEIGHBORS!! I asked her husband to ask her to keep the vines off of my trees. WHAT DID SHE DO?HE PLANTED MORE! I can be email at Sher975383@aol.com also.THANKS FOR ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE ME! SHERRY
Nice Neighbor

Talala, OK

#5 Aug 14, 2007
Sherry wrote:
I also have a new ( about 5 years neighbor ) I have lived here for 16 years! And never had any problems until now! This woman planted a jungel in her front yard. Which I do not care what she does on her own property! But now she has planted vines which I think are Bougainvillea in pots right next to my chain link fence! " she could put them any where in her large back yard." I have beautiful Rose of Sharon trees that have been growing there 5 years. Her vines are growing around my trees and killing them. I have went out numerous times and cut them off the trees. But they grow fast as weeds. HELP? How can I keep her vines off of my trees. PS, WE ARE NOT FRIENDLY NEIGHBORS! SHE TOLD ME WHEN SHE FIRST MOVED IN SHE DID NOT TALK TO THE NEIGHBORS!! I asked her husband to ask her to keep the vines off of my trees. WHAT DID SHE DO?HE PLANTED MORE! I can be email at Sher975383@aol.com also.THANKS FOR ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE ME! SHERRY
Sherry, if these are Bougainvillea she planted, they will die in our Oklahoma winter if not taken inside, since they are tropical.
You can still keep cutting them back on your side of the fence, OR they could die of a mysterious disease if some of the vines are treated with Eliminator or Round Up which will migrate into their roots on her side of the fence. Oops!
Sherry

AOL

#6 Aug 19, 2007
Nice Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherry, if these are Bougainvillea she planted, they will die in our Oklahoma winter if not taken inside, since they are tropical.
You can still keep cutting them back on your side of the fence, OR they could die of a mysterious disease if some of the vines are treated with Eliminator or Round Up which will migrate into their roots on her side of the fence. Oops!
Thanks, she also has a Wysteria tree about 3 foot tall. silly me. I put a sign on the fence and ask her to PLEASE keep her vines cut off of my trees. I am not sure what eliminator is. But I will find out. I need to spray for aunts too. this woman is a wild women. when she saw my sign that said " Please keep your vines trimmed off of my rose of sharon trees." She broke off two little limbs on the trees that stuck through the fence. I think for now I am just going to keep an eye on the trees and see what she does next.

Since: Sep 07

United States

#8 Sep 20, 2007
atleast you dont have to listen to car radios ratteling your walls, neighbors throwing up in the back, neighbors yelling and carrying on in the parking lot all night. :)
A hole

Longwood, FL

#9 Aug 2, 2011
Sherry wrote:
If someone did that to my plants i would have a field day killing everything in there yard that they enjoyed.But for you NON tree huggers with out trees and plants you would die if you are intelligent enough to no about trees and plants.
A hole Hate NON Tree Hugg

Longwood, FL

#10 Aug 2, 2011
Nice neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Kisa..get yourself some Eliminator Grass and Weed Killer from Walmart and spray along your fence line and before you know it, the weeds, vines and what ever will wilt and die at the roots. This works for most stuff, but for stubborn vines like honeysuckle and some brushy plants, tree starts and things like that you might have to resort to Ortho Brush Killer. In any case, revenge can be sweet......and neat! Happy spraying :)
f someone did that to my plants i would have a field day killing everything in there yard that they enjoyed.But for you NON tree huggers with out trees and plants you would die if you are intelligent enough to no about trees and plants.
BIG BROTHER

United States

#11 Aug 2, 2011
Weeds, dont make me laugh, what about about all the junk cars, stoves, bikes, and god whatever else people refuse to get rid of from their yards..and im talking about living within city limits...who wants to live next to a junkyard..property values fall...and the city does nothing to make these people clean up their yards..course this is oklahoma and not a city back east ..what can you expect..and did you people ever hear of recycling ..i dont think so..well i got this of my chest ...AMEN
facts

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Aug 2, 2011
buy a damm weed eater and use it once a week. end of problem.
Fedup

Tulsa, OK

#13 Aug 2, 2011
BIG BROTHER wrote:
Weeds, dont make me laugh, what about about all the junk cars, stoves, bikes, and god whatever else people refuse to get rid of from their yards..and im talking about living within city limits...who wants to live next to a junkyard..property values fall...and the city does nothing to make these people clean up their yards..course this is oklahoma and not a city back east ..what can you expect..and did you people ever hear of recycling ..i dont think so..well i got this of my chest ...AMEN
That person lives in every town, they seem to have a need for rusting piles of crap to surround them and force feed the neighborhood the sight of it..

Since: Aug 10

Third Planet From the Sun

#14 Aug 3, 2011
Kisa wrote:
I'd strongly advocate you check with a lawyer, but I believe you have the right to stop unwanted plants from coming onto your property. You can't spray on someone else's property, but spraying right up to your property line is probably within your rights. Be VERY careful - the neighbor may well be videoing what you do for later legal action against you.

As far as the fence goes, most people either work together to make repairs or one party just makes repairs and attempts to bill the other one, with the repairing party either getting paid, eating the costs, or taking legal action by placing a lien on the neighbor's house.

Just be careful whatever you do please. Stay legal and safe.
hohohoho

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Aug 3, 2011
gosh susan, I bet people call you "sue"

Since: Aug 10

Third Planet From the Sun

#16 Aug 4, 2011
hohohoho wrote:
gosh susan, I bet people call you "sue"
Not if they know me and know better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Oklahoma City, OK (Aug '10) 4 hr terri 2,372
News Lawmaker Wants To Legalize Cockfighting (Sep '08) Fri Un agenda 21 and ... 41
obamacare wins Thu WarForOil 1
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Thu davidiaz246 348
News Abused, neglected children handcuffed at state-... May 27 william poirier 1
Zoo May 24 Visitor 1
News Downtown Oklahoma City music venue and restaura... May 24 Ben Hurr 1
More from around the web

Yukon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]