Review: Little Harvard Learning Center

Review: Little Harvard Learning Center

Posted in the Yukon Forum

mom

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Aug 24, 2012
There are far better daycares centers out there ... keep looking!!

This center has been open a little over a year. My child wasone of their first students, aka a guinea pig.

In the beginning, I was hopeful and on board with the directors enthusiasm and high expectations that she held for the new center. Unfortunately,talk is cheap; people become lazy and stop wanting to work hard towardssomething to make it great.

If you need a job,this facility always seems to be hiring. In the past year, I can't tell you howmany teachers my child went through. They either quit or get fired and the onesthat do stay employed are rotated around so much you never know who your child's teacher is. There is no consistency or structure in this program whatsoever.

I have to work to live, like most parents. So, those eight hours of the day when I'm unable to be there, I would expect the person(s) providing care to take somepride in their job and treat my child as they would their own or better. Thatbeing said, the teachers here are basically "babysitters"; who could care lessabout educating or even taking the time to bond with your child. They are more concernedabout their phones or how long till their next smoke break.

Too many times did my child come home with soggy diapers,unexplainable bite marks, scratches, splinters and diaper rashes so bad that ithurt to bathe. The daily's they send home informing you of your child's progress for that day are a joke. Majority of the time they aren't filled outor partially completed.

I'm thankful my child no longer attends here and I regret not leaving sooner.

I hope that the director and staff at Little HarvardLearning Center can get their act together and create a friendlier learning environmentthat allows the parents to be more involved in the school and with their kids.
Thrill

Yukon, OK

#2 Aug 25, 2012
Pleased

Haslet, TX

#3 Sep 9, 2012
Sorry the above parent had a bad experience at Little Harvard but my kids love attending this center. I enrolled my kids a few months ago and I have never been happier with a child care center. I tried several and Little Harvard by far is the permanent choice for my family. The staff are friendly and do an amazing job. As a parent its our right to worry about the care our children are receiving at their daycares while we are at work. I'm confident my children are being cared for and loved while I'm at work. My daughter was very shy and didn't really socialize with anyone even other kids and she loves going to daycare. She comes home talking about her friends and singing new songs everyday and she loves her teacher. My son in the beginning was trying the staff and although it took several weeks to get him adjusted, they did everything they could to help his transition and now I always get positive feedback on his behavior. I would recommend this child care center to anyone. Just because the parent above had a bad experience overall I believe most parents as well as myself are very pleased. Try them out for yourself before you take one bad review to heart. I'm glad I enrolled my kids. Thank you staff at Little Harvard Learning Center you all do a great job!!!
Na na

Denver, CO

#4 Sep 26, 2013
This place is horrible they refusing children food if they are talking at the table they are rude to parents and staff I will never take my children back my child was bit a total of 8 times in a 3 month period and they never took corrective action with the other child's parents or the child instead they just sat him in the office with his mommy who works there they are only nice to the "staff" children they take children outback hen dhs comes in to evaluate The place. They have teachers working out of ratios everyday I highly recommend finding another place
George

Dallas, TX

#5 Sep 27, 2013
Na na wrote:
This place is horrible they refusing children food if they are talking at the table they are rude to parents and staff I will never take my children back my child was bit a total of 8 times in a 3 month period and they never took corrective action with the other child's parents or the child instead they just sat him in the office with his mommy who works there they are only nice to the "staff" children they take children outback hen dhs comes in to evaluate The place. They have teachers working out of ratios everyday I highly recommend finding another place
Good luck finding alternative parents to "educate and babysit" your child. How about finding a daycare where the toddlers act like adults and don't hit, scream, bite and act out. Why not spend a day with 15 diaper-wearers yourself and see how long you last. We used a day care when ours were little, but never blamed the school or other children when "precious" came home with a bruise or got to sit in the corner. When my son needed stitches for a monkey-bar accident I took him to the Dr. and got him stitched up. It's part of being a parent. Life is not fair or always a round of pleasure. Grow up or stay home.
Na na

Houston, TX

#6 Sep 30, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck finding alternative parents to "educate and babysit" your child. How about finding a daycare where the toddlers act like adults and don't hit, scream, bite and act out. Why not spend a day with 15 diaper-wearers yourself and see how long you last. We used a day care when ours were little, but never blamed the school or other children when "precious" came home with a bruise or got to sit in the corner. When my son needed stitches for a monkey-bar accident I took him to the Dr. and got him stitched up. It's part of being a parent. Life is not fair or always a round of pleasure. Grow up or stay home.
It's not about finding a daycare that kids don't bite scream or throw fits I was employed there and saw all the behind the scenes things that no parent should see

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kimberly Lavonne Cox: Stuck Up 14 hr Gilbert Johnson 12
Mallory Shelton 20 hr Jamie Dundee 3
News Oklahoma City ranks top of 10 most affordable m... Fri Geoffrey 3
News Many Oklahoma zip codes listed as high risk for... Fri Ken 2
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Fri Yelpme 501
Angel Tschetter is Fat Now Jul 20 AIC 21
Sarah Marie Garrett Jul 20 Justine Marie 10

Yukon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance